Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Janos Kovacs

Default Janos Kovacs

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co....e.asp?a=166170

Probably just another BS rumour from Vital but what the hey!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Janos Kovacs

It's been mentioned in the centre backs thread but it could do with it's own thread as it may seemingly have some legs to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    It's been mentioned in the centre backs thread but it could do with it's own thread as it may seemingly have some legs to it.
    Really? Sorry son didn't notice. Without knowing anything of the player i cant help thinking we would be better off with the Shittu's and Davenports of the the world than unknowns from the likes of Lincoln though.

Ive been to quite a few Lincoln games as I live in the area, and I have to say Kovac is one of the best CB's in League 2, But the Championship?

I'm pretty sure he could step up to league 1 but if we buy him it will be a massive risk.

Also Dany N'Guessan may be performing well now, but about midway through the season he becomes burnout, almost bored. And that happened in league 2, imagine him in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by chib-e
    Really? Sorry son didn't notice. Without knowing anything of the player i cant help thinking we would be better off with the Shittu's and Davenports of the the world than unknowns from the likes of Lincoln though.
    I put something in the other thread roughly along the lines of since we've had the transfer panel the players we've brought from a lower league have generally done well in making the step up (Tyson and McCleary are the first to spring to mind) and if we have time to scout Kovacs to the same level and if there is truth in this then we'll make the right decision.

I agree in regards to would rather have the Shittu's and Davenport's however I'd only expect to sign one if either of them if we did and brought in Kovacs then we would have a wealth of defensive options and are well covered if he didn't work out. I don't think the risk would cost us too much either.

I feel like we're all getting a little greedy after such a good summer and whilst it's true we need more players is it fair to expect 2/3 more multi-million pound players? I think we are willing to spend big on a centre back but probably not two and Kovacs and Shittu or Davenport is a vey good compromise I think everyone would be satisfied with. That is without going into the possible need for a left back and a left winger but centre back should definately and I think is being held as the priority.

I doubt we are in for Kovacs, not good enough imo.

Before you ask I am from Lincoln and most dont rate him that much.