Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Bournemouth

Resident foodie!

Default Bournemouth

I feel really sorry for Bournemouth.

They battled so hard against relegation last season and I'd love to see them come back up straight away but it's really not going to happen.

I've just been watching something on Sky Sports News where one of the reporters went to the pre-season training camp and played in their first pre-season friendly because they only have 12 professionals available to them at the moment.

He did quite well as far as you could tell, but it's only a publicity thing and I doubt anything will come of it.

You just have to feel for them that they have no players at the moment and have to wonder if they'll manage to survive.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Long Serving Member

Default Re: Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I feel really sorry for Bournemouth.

They battled so hard against relegation last season and I'd love to see them come back up straight away but it's really not going to happen.

I've just been watching something on Sky Sports News where one of the reporters went to the pre-season training camp and played in their first pre-season friendly because they only have 12 professionals available to them at the moment.

He did quite well as far as you could tell, but it's only a publicity thing and I doubt anything will come of it.

You just have to feel for them that they have no players at the moment and have to wonder if they'll manage to survive.
    I actually thought they were a good side to, certainly not one of the worst four in the League.

They took four points off us, we couldn't beat them. I thought they deserved to survive, especially after that run they put together at the end of the season. But also I'm glad Cheltenham stayed up instead

They'd have stayed up if it wasn't for losing the ten points though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    They took four points off us, we couldn't beat them. I thought they deserved to survive, especially after that run they put together at the end of the season. But also I'm glad Cheltenham stayed up instead*
    Yeah, agree with that. Didn't they win 8 out of the last 9 games or something ridiculous like that? I wanted them to stay up on the back of that - but like you say - Cheltenham did us a favour so I'm glad they stayed up!

Belle

They beat us at home, and obviously we still feel a bit guilty about Bournemouth, what with taking their manager and half their squad.

Bournemouth have always played better football than most teams down there, and if we had have beaten Cheltenham last game of the season they would have stayed up.

I'm told that they are also going to start the season on minus points, and if that does happen, then where's the competition in league 2? Football should be decided on the pitch, not off it, unless it was a bad cases like Leeds.

It is going to affect league 2 if they do start on minus points, as the teams who know they havent got the money to push for promotion won't bother signing a lot of new players or spend any money. Why should they if they already have a head start on 2 of the leagues? Bournemouths new ground got them into a lot of the debt, but when owners change, it shouldn't be a punishment on them.

I just think its a shame if they get points deducted too.

Dinosaur Prick

I'd go and play for them. They only need to ask.

But seriously, having only 12 professionals is the shittest excuse ever. There's plenty of decent footballers out there to pick from.

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg

But seriously, having only 12 professionals is the shittest excuse ever. There's plenty of decent footballers out there to pick from.
    Not with the money bournemouth don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Belle
    Not with the money bournemouth don't have!
    Never stopped Leeds.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg

And pay them with what?

A can of sardines per week?

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    Never stopped Leeds.
    Leeds have scumbag bates behind them, its different.

Miserable bastard

Hmm, here we have a problem...Bournmouth don't have enough professionals to start a professional match...and Glenn Hoddle has recently opened an 'academy' to help out of work pros find a new club. Now, these players at Glenn's 'Academy' won't be getting paid anyway, so maybe some sort of deal could be worked out between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Eye
    Leeds have scumbag bates behind them, its different.
    And Risdale before that.

They see me trollin'

And Risdale before that.
    Exactly, a club like Leeds will never go to the wall.

A club like Bournemouth will.

winnits

Do they still have Brett Pitman? And despite feeling sad about their plight, can we sign him from them?

I also feel sorry for them, i also created a thread exactly the same about 3 weeks before the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Eye
    Exactly, a club like Leeds will never go to the wall.

A club like Bournemouth will.
    I know...I just wish it was the other way round.

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Do they still have Brett Pitman? And despite feeling sad about their plight, can we sign him from them?
    If its a Bournemouth player involved, he'd probably end up signing for us At the end of the day Bournemouth were always a good footballing side, and it's a shame that it has come to this. The development of the new ground was a huge factor in the money loss, but it isn't the current owners fault.

Leeds are different, they will always be seen as a "big club" so will have people wanting to to buy them, and will always have backers. Bournemouth haven't got a massive fanbase like leeds, and when they say they have no money, they mean they have no money. Leeds are blatant liars in that department.

Money is ruining football, i'm glad we got out of the conference while we could tbh. League 2 this season is a complete joke!

Well they gained 4 points against us and didn't concede any.

Well they are better off than Luton who will perform one heck of a job to avoid Blue Square Premier football next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy

Well they are better off than Luton who will perform one heck of a job to avoid Blue Square Premier football next year.
    A team with no players has a better chance of success in League Two than Luton next season.

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy

yep they beat us at home, we beat them at theirs, but they were by no means a bad side, i think Crewe were a lot worse.

On the last game of the season you couldn't have gone up without Bournemouth going down

Luton though, again the football league has no common sense. They need promotiono form to survive, and they are not like leeds who can rely on getting players to get them out of the mess, they have no money to pay their players either. The FL should have relegated them again, so they could come together as a squad and work better that way.

Luton though, again the football league has no common sense. They need promotiono form to survive, and they are not like leeds who can rely on getting players to get them out of the mess, they have no money to pay their players either. The FL should have relegated them again, so they could come together as a squad and work better that way.
    Sadly common sense never prevails with the FA/FL.

Next season will be an absolute waste of time for Luton.

Belle

Sadly common sense never prevails with the FA/FL.

Next season will be an absolute waste of time for Luton.
    I think they would have preferred a relegation tbh, why wait out the inevitable.

I think they would have preferred a relegation tbh, why wait out the inevitable.
    Of course they would have.

They stand next to no chance of surving and therefore the fans have little motivation to really get behind the team at all...which again will probably lead to a drop in gates and make the situation even worse.

Aside from cup games they've got near enough nothing to play for.

I really like Bournemouth, ever since they went on the big win run i had hope for them i really wanted them to beat the drop, but never mind. This dont make me a Bournemouth fan.