Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joel Lynch

Default Joel Lynch

I know ive been very abusive about Joel Lynch in the past, but id like to say i thought he played very well today and looked as if he can do a job for us, in the meantime anyway!!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Joel Lynch

He looked alot better at CB than LB ill admitt that.

Swedish Meatball

He's a decent player but there will always be people willing him to make a mistake so they can shout abuse at him.

I genuinely can't understand why some people go to games. They obviously don't enjoy it and it must bring the worst out in them, unless they're complete ***** all the time, of course.

Lynch is currently the leading candidate to take over Smith's mantle as the boo boy.

He's on and off player, sometimes he looks really good, and next minute he does a clumsy mistake.
    I think he looks better at Centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolin
    I genuinely can't understand why some people go to games. They obviously don't enjoy it and it must bring the worst out in them, unless they're complete c**ts all the time, of course.
    ...and, for some reason they always are sat behind you.

I wondered if they do the same thing at work "What are you doing you fucking arsehole!? You don't hammer it like that!? My fucking mother could've constructed that dove joint you muppet!"

"Salvare il mondo è un lavoro del diavolo"

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC Johan
    I know ive been very abusive about Joel Lynch in the past, but id like to say i thought he played very well today and looked as if he can do a job for us, in the meantime anyway!!
    I thought he was the better of the back two today.

I think a lot of people who have already written him off are refusing to praise him when he does well for fear of showing they were wrong (I do this a lot too with other players if I'm honest) He was very good at the back end of last season. He got a lot of criticism at Reading but I couldn't comment as I wasn't there but the commentary didn't seem to make him sound like he'd had a bad game.

Lynch has been a little hit and miss yet he's a young player and still has plenty to learn about competitive football at this level. Sure he will make errors of judgement and as long as he learns from them and listens to the advice the training staff have to offer then I see him making a fine player.

He had a good game today and I believe he will build on this given the support not just from the club but from the fans too.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

aka Famous

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley
    ...and, for some reason they always are sat behind you.

I wondered if they do the same thing at work "What are you doing you f**king arsehole!? You don't hammer it like that!? My f**king mother could've constructed that dove joint you muppet!"
    There is a theory that the modern football fan feels alienated and betrayed by what used to be considered the "working man's game" because of the great chasm between the wealth of the fans and the players. The "playboy" lifestyles of the modern footballer are a far cry from those of the common man, and there is a sense of injustice and bitterness aimed at those who are making a handsome living out their talent, only for them to dissapoint on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon.

There is also a theory that a lot of football fans are *****. I prefer this theory.

He was solid today.How tall is he by the way,I thought he was quite small previously

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    He was solid today.How tall is he by the way,I thought he was quite small previously
    Lynch is 6'1" according to the OS.

He must have grown over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    Lynch is 6'1" according to the OS.

He must have grown over the summer.

They have been eating there green's over the summer!

He looks a dam site better than Chambers at centre back thats for sure

Lynch is a solid player. Last season he suffered from a lack of confidence in his earlier games. That changed towards the end of the season when he started to show some real quality. He's OK at CB but at LB he can get forward and with that he is able to utilise his more creative abilities. His crossing is particularly effective and he won't get much opportunity to do that at CB. For now he's doing a great job covering for injured/suspended players. However I think he has much more potential at LB and look forward to him returning there as soon as possible.

Lynch did ok today... didn't have much to do really, but he made a couple of really good interceptions.

Looked comfortable, although there wasn't much pressure from Albion. A few dodgy passes, though.

Defensively he looked sound...in fact the whole back four coped admirably with the threat posed by West Brom. I actually forgot at times that it was somewhat of a makeshift line up and I guess that's pretty high praise.

Lynch has impressed me he did ok against reading and didnt have too much to do today, but when he was called upon he reacted strongly. Hopefully its onwards and upwards for him and if he sorts out his short passing then he will be a very good player

I hope that people are not going to suggest that we don't need anymore defenders.

nakkernino del clusto

Lynch is adequate cover at best, he's frustrating, can't pass it to save his life but can put a decent ball in the box. West Brom offered nothing to test him though.

I will be happier when is in at left-wing but did and adequate job in centre of defence yesterday, apart from one goal-scoring f**kup in the 1st half that Camp saved his ass for.

Weltmeister

Joel did look a bit more comforatble at Centre Back, yes his distributio may not be the best at present, but he is still only 21!

Billy sees something in him, and he had a good run in to the end of last season, and he looked OK against Reading, and he did fine at Centre Back against Bradford and West Brom.

Centre Back is of course, his preferred position - not Left Back.

He is certainly good enough for the Championship, and with coaching will only improve!

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwood Red
    I will be happier when is in at left-wing but did and adequate job in centre of defence yesterday, apart from one goal-scoring f**kup in the 1st half that Camp saved his ass for.
    When was that?

AKA Randy Bumgardener

From what I heard from my swine flu daze it sounded like he suffers from his distribution.

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

His best and natural posistion is in the centre of defence and i thought yesterday he had a very good game, looks alot more comfortable at CB.
    On that evidence i would say he is just as good, well maybe better than Chambers and Wilson but i suppose its only 1 game but given more games in that role and under Billy's guidance we could have ourselves a good, solid Centre halve to partner Wes.

nakkernino del clusto

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl
    Joel did look a bit more comforatble at Centre Back, yes his distributio may not be the best at present, but he is still only 21!
    He should've learned the passing technique by now