Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Selection

Default Selection

I'm not starting on Billy here, this isn't fickle Forest fan syndrome, I know it's early doors, but...

Surely, if they're both fit, it's absolutely straight forward that Earnshaw and Blackstock start the match? I can't be the only one that thinks this, can I?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

JOIN ME

Default Re: Selection

we have a winner

Rice 21

I agree, BUT, on paper the physicality of Dele and Garner's bullish attitude was probably the right selection.

Although Dele missed a couple of sitters, he had a goal disallowed and caused them no end of problems. Garner really needs to find his position and stop his persistent fouling.

Earnie made an immediate difference and I feel for him missing the penalty. He should have just put his foot through it, but oh well.

There is so much promise in this team and attacking wise we have a huge amount of options. Goals will come for us and it will be against Watford

Most likely, but don't forget that mid-week Earnshaw was in Montenegro with the Wales squad. A full 90 minutes in sweltering heat would have made it impossible for him to start today.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Adam - MK Red
    I agree, BUT, on paper the physicality of Dele and Garner's bullish attitude was probably the right selection.

Although Dele missed a couple of sitters, he had a goal disallowed and caused them no end of problems. Garner really needs to find his position and stop his persistent fouling.
    What?

I can't agree with this, yes Dele was full of effort, but his evident lack of pace caused no problems.

Blackstock can do Dele's job and has pace. I nearly fell asleep waiting for Dele to turn with the ball. Maybe Dele is more suited to away matches, but playing this formation at home is soul destroying.

Blackstock has to start in front of Dele for me
    i understand why we brought Dele but for me he is the guy you would of chucked on the pitch today in the last 10 mins when everything was route one

I have to agree with the original poster. My main irritation (among several others)with Dele was the amount of time he took with the ball at his feet when a quick ball was what was called for. Can't fault his effort or presence though.

That said, I'm not being paid to manage a football team and my knowledge of the game isn't remotely near BDs. So I'm deferring to him for now.

"Salvare il mondo č un lavoro del diavolo"

I think we all need to give things a bit of time to settle this season with all the players we have bought in. Today by all accounts we could well have won the match. I too was surpised to see Adebola starting today but not surprised to see Earnie on the bench after his midweek game.

I am told that Adebola has traditionally been a player to cause problems for west brom over the years so maybe that was Billy's thoughts here.

I think throughout the there will be a set of teams such as West Brom, Reading, Sheff Utd etc... where Billy will look to keep tight, win any physical battle and maybe come across a bit defensive and whilst that's not everyones cup of tea, we frst and foremost need to make ourselves a lot tougher than in previous seasons on not be a soft touch to teams.

It;s very early days and I think we need to see how we are playing at the end of this month and specifically the derby match, I think we'll start to see a bit more consistency to the team by then and if we get some defenders in then maybe that will be the time when Billy starts to be come slightly more bullish in his attacking thoughts

A win on Tuesday and will be close to the playoffs chasing table topping Coventry!!! (Yes it's very early days)

No wonder my post count..

Garner was a bad choice today. From what I heard (I was listening on Forest Player) it was foul after foul. Didn't he cost us the Adebola goal?

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Billy was spot on. It's not the team I would have picked prior to the game, but I'm not a football manager. We played very well against one of the division's top sides, missed a penalty, had a goal disallowed, missed some sitters and lost through an own goal. The defence looked solid, the midfield linked up well and created opportunities, Adebola caused all sorts of problems up top, and on another day could have had a hat trick. It was just one of those days and we really couldn't have done much more

In Billy, I trust.

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by Then...Now...Forever Forest
    In Billy, I trust.

aka Famous

I think we will see Earnie and Blackstock on Tuesday - no doubt about it. They should both be fresh and absolutely champing at the bit to get stuck into Watford.

I was a lilttle surprised that Blackstock did not start the game today but then we still played well by all accounts.

Look - I think we've got to accept that we need to rotate this forward line. I can see games where we'll play Dele from the start to soften up the opposition then put a whippet on to show them a clean pair of heels - or vice verse. It'll work. Trust me.

i Trust Billy also but........he got it wrong today.i was very very disapointed in Dele today and it looks like his first touch is as good as tysons.when Dexter came on he did everything that Dele couldn't/didn't do.We would of won that game today if dexter and Earnie had started.I hope this is just Billy learning and look forward to dexter and earnie getting the goals V Watford on Tuesday.

Very frustrating today, yes we were unlucky but you create your own luck.

Team selection against Reading was surprising, but thought he went for that for a more solid outfit.

Stunned today when it was the same bar Anderson.

Got to be Earnshaw, Blackstock and Mcgugan starting against Watford. Bring Adebola on if we need a late goal and have to go more direct

As I stated earlier in the thread, Earnshaw starting was a most likely always going to be a no-goer from the start. He'd played a full match for Wales in Montenegro and from the commentary it was a sweat bowl of a game. Plus he got clattered by a truly terrible tackle. He'd have been stiff and tired after that match.

It would probably also explain why Gunter got low marks too in some of the reports so far as he went through the same, but with the defensive problems lately there was no real choice but to pick him.

for me earnshaw and blackstock at home, and perhaps adebola plus a.n.other away from home. It's fine having options but for me, you've gotta know your best eleven for most games, as players need to build up an understanding. Squad strength then comes in to it when you get injuries/suspensions or you feel you need to change it at points in a game. You may also feel certain types of games in certain conditions, you need a certain type of player but above all, i think you've gotta have in mind what is your first and best team and i'm not sure billy's there yet, probably inevitably with all the new arrivals.

About muhta-foookin' time...

They see me trollin'

Blackstock is far far better than Adebola.

I think Adebola should start personally. For me he is the strongest and biggest striker I have seen and since he came here I have been very impressed with him. Earnshaw is then the next best striker for me. As far as I'm concerned they make the best combination at the moment.

Blackstock and McGoldrick though are very good strikers themselves and I don't think anyone can complain if a combination of any of those strikers were starting week in week out let alone having the strength in depth to put 2 of them on the bench.

The only thing I am certain on is McGoldrick is not a worthwhile right winger!!!

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    I think Adebola should start personally. For me he is the strongest and biggest striker I have seen and since he came here I have been very impressed with him. Earnshaw is then the next best striker for me. As far as I'm concerned they make the best combination at the moment.

Blackstock and McGoldrick though are very good strikers themselves and I don't think anyone can complain if a combination of any of those strikers were starting week in week out let alone having the strength in depth to put 2 of them on the bench.

The only thing I am certain on is McGoldrick is not a worthwhile right winger!!!
    Do you deliberately contradict me on every single point?

How on earth does "strongest and biggest" striker make him a definate starter? Hes slow, takes about 15 years to turn.