Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Neil WEBB (Can't Believe This)

Default Neil WEBB (Can't Believe This)

Former Manchester Utd star to sell his FA Cup winnersí medal for £10,000

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.ph...edal-for-10000

Midfielder Neil Webb joined Manchester Utd in 1989, and spent two-and-a-half seasons at Old Trafford before rejoining Nottingham Forest. While with the Red Devils, he won the League Cup and UEFA Cup Winnersí Cup, and set up the winner in the 1990 FA Cup final against Crystal Palace.

Since hanging up his boots in 1997, the 46-year-old has worked as a programme seller at the Madejski Stadium, a postman and a forklift truck operator. He has auctioned off much of the memorabilia from his career to raise extra cash, and his FA Cup winnersí medal will go under the hammer next week with an estimated price of £8,000-£10,000.

Webb, who obviously holds little regard for nostalgia, said:

ďI donít want my lads (he has two sons) to fight over them and this way they get to enjoy the benefits of them now. Itís obviously a very hard thing for me to do as they mean a lot to me, but I have got the DVDs of all the games I was involved in. The medals are great fun to have, but itís time to let other people get enjoyment from them as well.Ē

If you fancy owning a medal that you didnít earn, head to Cameo Auctioneers in Midgham next Tuesday. You ought not to have too much competition - the same medal was expected to reach £6,000 at auction in London last year, but it failed to reach its reserve price.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

#FindElaine

Default Re: Neil WEBB (Can't Believe This)

fair play to the lad - times are tough and like he says why let the boys fight over who gets what when he's gone when he can flog it for a few quid now and be there to see them enjoy the fruits of his labour

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

To be fair although it seems sad i dont blame him. I have a Notts Alliance cup winners medal 1998. If anyone wants to give me half of what Webby makes for his for it. I will deliver it FREE !

Times are indeed tough and I totally agree that, when it comes down to priorities in life, there are none more important than the welfare of your children.

However, this does sadden me because you can't put a price on such sentimentality and to own something as significant as this is a monumental thing. He does speak of 'them' in the plural so there must be more than just the one thing which could be passed down to his sons. It's a lot of money yet unless the kids were without food in their mouths then there are plenty other things that would go first.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Its not the first time he sold stuff though. I suppose he's just before the cusp of super-inflated-wages for players. He can't be on much more than £30k as a long serving postman and cashing in on his legacy seems highly reasonable to me. I hope they enjoy it.

nakkernino del clusto

I thought he worked in a warehouse.

He still would have earned atleast 10 times the average wage. Shelley should provide for the kids as shes the one who had all his doh..........

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    I thought he worked in a warehouse.
    You're quite right. It seems he quit the postal service for life in a cold store. A cool job with sh1t wages.

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by PSR
    Former Manchester Utd star to sell his FA Cup winnersí medal for £10,000

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.ph...edal-for-10000

Midfielder Neil Webb joined Manchester Utd in 1989, and spent two-and-a-half seasons at Old Trafford before rejoining Nottingham Forest. While with the Red Devils, he won the League Cup and UEFA Cup Winnersí Cup, and set up the winner in the 1990 FA Cup final against Crystal Palace.

Since hanging up his boots in 1997, the 46-year-old has worked as a programme seller at the Madejski Stadium, a postman and a forklift truck operator. He has auctioned off much of the memorabilia from his career to raise extra cash, and his FA Cup winnersí medal will go under the hammer next week with an estimated price of £8,000-£10,000.

Webb, who obviously holds little regard for nostalgia, said:

ďI donít want my lads (he has two sons) to fight over them and this way they get to enjoy the benefits of them now. Itís obviously a very hard thing for me to do as they mean a lot to me, but I have got the DVDs of all the games I was involved in. The medals are great fun to have, but itís time to let other people get enjoyment from them as well.Ē

If you fancy owning a medal that you didnít earn, head to Cameo Auctioneers in Midgham next Tuesday. You ought not to have too much competition - the same medal was expected to reach £6,000 at auction in London last year, but it failed to reach its reserve price.
    Haha, that sounds like a little swipe there from the news website.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!