Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest best 50 players ever

Default Forest best 50 players ever

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6731653.ece
    A very good piece in the times online I agree with Robbo been the best but Trevor Francis at 13?
    PVH at 50?
    Anyway a good read

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I belong to nobody!!!

Default Re: Forest best 50 players ever

Kris Commons?

Rice IV

Collymore only 23rd? Fucking ridiculous.

Talk to me, Goose.

I belong to nobody!!!

I also thought SVC would be higher up than that.

I'd also like to know how Kris Commons is classed higher than Steve Chettle.

Rubbish.

Psycho has be number 1. Commons above Chettle!

No Ian Woan, No Colin Cooper. How can commons be in it above these especially Bart Man.

This will spark some debate - everyone will have a different take on this.

I can't comment on some of the players listes, not knowing too much before the Clough years due to my age, but have a few comments on the inclusions:

- Commons: Surely the fact that most of his work came in the thired tier should discount him?
    - Jenas: I assume this is about their achievements while at Forest. In that case there is not much to warrant a place for him.
    - Collymore: Should be far higher than 23rd. What he achieved in a newly promoted team was outstanding.

Finally, what about Ian Woan? Far more worthy than the other left winger that got included!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdog
    Rubbish.

No Ian Woan, No Colin Cooper. How can commons be in it above these especially Bart Man.
    But look at the level Robbo was playing at. Two European Cup finals; two 1-0 wins; one assist and one goal to Robbo.
    Genius.

Miserable bastard

Bryan Roy? Seriously

He was a player who was rated higher than he ever performed. Shouldn't even be in the top 50 IMHO.

Rubbish.

No Ian Woan, No Colin Cooper. How can commons be in it above these especially Bart Man
    spot on mate i think robbo probably deserves the number 1 spot because of the level of football he achieved it is close between pearce and him though

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by ĝ_ŗđ
    Bryan Roy? Seriously

He was a player who was rated higher than he ever performed. Shouldn't even be in the top 50 IMHO.
    You what?

Collymore and Roy together were pant-wettingly good.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    You what?

Collymore and Roy together were pant-wettingly good.
    Collymore carried Roy. As was evidenced by the fact that Roy was awful whenever Collymore was injured and indeed when Collymore left the club.

In fact, if you look back at most of Collymore's goals from the time, Steve Stone plays a much bigger part in almost all of them than Roy.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Wally Ardron only just in the top ten! WTF.

winnits

Collymore carried Roy. As was evidenced by the fact that Roy was awful whenever Collymore was injured and indeed when Collymore left the club.

In fact, if you look back at most of Collymore's goals from the time, Steve Stone plays a much bigger part in almost all of them than Roy.
    No way. Collymore carried practically the whole team at times, however his interplay with Roy was sublime at times. True he was injury prone and inconsistent as players of that nature generally are - but I think you're being overly harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by andover red
    But look at the level Robbo was playing at. Two European Cup finals; two 1-0 wins; one assist and one goal to Robbo.
    Genius.
    But Robertson went to Derby! We cant have a Derby player as number 1 in our all time top players.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by george lyall
    Wally Ardron not in the top ten! WTF.
    ...he was number 10.

Disappointed.
    No Brain Rice

Commons better than PVH?

Resident foodie!

PVH should have been higher simply because of the impact he had here no matter what happened later and how long he stayed with us.

Also, I completely disagree with Congo. Bryan Roy was awesome and I don't think Collymore would have been anywhere near as good without him.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

...he was number 10.
    Ture

aka Famous

But Robertson went to Derby! We cant have a Derby player as number 1 in our all time top players.
    So by that logic we cannot count Brian Clough as our all time number one manager then?

Congo is spot on, as regards Brian Roy. 10 good games a season, absolute maximum. We remember him far too fondly.

It genuinely astounds me when people talk in complimetary tones about Collymore and Quierre. I know I go on about it, but seriously...very short memories, people. They wouldn't get in my top 20,000 on account of the fact that they were both absolute Judas scum bags.

and where is Tommy Gaynor? tut tut

Biggest pile 0'shi te I read in a long time. Anyone -with exception to Pearce who captained his country many times, and Keane who went on to lead the Man U revival AND achieve euro glory- who did not win back to back european cups should not be in the top 20. Irrespective of the quality of football at the time. Its the trophy cabinet that tells you how good you were in later years.

And where's the family member? John Winfield... 300+ games for the reds in the league going up and down and not a sniff! But Judas EsCommons is there.. took us down, took the money then run cuz he had no faith in us staying up... and the shaggers offered him 8 and and 300 burgers a week more!

They should be sued for that...

No 1 is, was and always will be Peter Shilton when you talk of Forests glory years. I'm surprised they didn't name Platte as best ever Forest manager. They'd do it for his vision... cuz he saw stuff that just wasn't there!

*sulks over written b0ll0x.*

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Henry Wha'Gwan
    Congo is spot on, as regards Brian Roy. 10 good games a season, absolute maximum. We remember him far too fondly.

It genuinely astounds me when people talk in complimetary tones about Collymore and Quierre. I know I go on about it, but seriously...very short memories, people. They wouldn't get in my top 20,000 on account of the fact that they were both absolute Judas scum bags.
    Regarding Pierre, I'm afraid I can't agree with you. He put the rest of his career on the line by standing up for his principles and I can't fault the man for that. The board (a board which we all now know to have been rotten to the core) sold Campbell behind Bassett's back and so he took a stand to try force the club into signing an adequate replacement. Freedman and Shipperley were never going to run Permiership defences ragged - Van Hooijdonk knew that as well as anyone, and whilst Darcheville had pace, saying his finishing left a lot to be desired would be far more than an understatement. Our position at the end of that season, as far as I'm concerned, painted a thousand words. He wasn't after more money... he was after a successful season which, in my book, was no crime.

yam

8 John McGovern
    1974-82, 335 total appearances, 11 goals

The only Englishman to lift the European Cup as captain twice.

Which fuckwit wrote this?