Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Have we ran out of idea's?

Default Have we ran out of idea's?

Just wondering if that's it now in regards to us signing players? I hope to God it isn't and there is still plenty of time within this window to get afew in but the news really seems to have dried up since Mills went to Reading.
    I think our tactic over the summer of putting a bid in, having it rejected, then sitting on the deal while the player becomes unsettled has worked pretty well as we have snapped up the likes of Ando, Blackstock Camp etc very cheaply but reckon its cost us Mills for sure, in fact i really think the club were confident of getting him, but then Reading's bid seemed to come from no-where and was tied up sharpish. Wish we had sorted it earlier in the summer as it seems like we're fooked now.
    Obviously there some Shittu rumours going around but other than that its gone silly quiet. I'm wondering if BD was more pissed off the other day on the radio as he now has to think of a plan d, or e when he really expected to get one his main targets in. I hope there is a plan but there is no way that when we do eventually sign a CB we can't say, "Yeah, he was our first choice" as he most definitely won't be!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No wonder my post count..

Default Re: Have we ran out of idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by chib-e
    Just wondering if that's it now in regards to us signing players? I hope to God it isn't and there is still plenty of time within this window to get afew in but the news really seems to have dried up since Mills went to Reading.
    I think our tactic over the summer of putting a bid in, having it rejected, then sitting on the deal while the player becomes unsettled has worked pretty well as we have snapped up the likes of Ando, Blackstock Camp etc very cheaply but reckon its cost us Mills for sure, in fact i really think the club were confident of getting him, but then Reading's bid seemed to come from no-where and was tied up sharpish. Wish we had sorted it earlier in the summer as it seems like we're fooked now.
    Obviously there some s**ttu rumours going around but other than that its gone silly quiet. I'm wondering if BD was more p**sed off the other day on the radio as he now has to think of a plan d, or e when he really expected to get one his main targets in. I hope there is a plan but there is no way that when we do eventually sign a CB we can't say, "Yeah, he was our first choice" as he most definitely won't be!
    It feels like people are skimming the surface of this and going by how quiet the media has been.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been a silence so deafening and painful.For the first time I'm beggining to worry.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    Never been a silence so deafening and painful.For the first time I'm beggining to worry.
    Nah. Things will be happening. There was, if you remember, quite a silence through most of June then a flurry of activity.

The club's policy during this particular window has generally been to play the long game, and with 9 out of a possible 11 targets bagged it can be regarded as a success. There was always a chance that a couple would get away by deploying that tactic though and it's just unfortunate that both were defenders.

It seems we targetted a few defenders but these deals haven't come to fruition, the problem will be whilst we might have identified potential targets they have yet to be scouted to the standard we expect.

I think it'll be a week or two before any deals are completed so we can watch the players we may want be it either in action of on DVDs.

I got a text earlier from someone saying we're watching Kovacs? at Lincoln.

I think we'll get at least a few token signings by the end of the window if Billy thinks all his main targets have moved elsewhere or are no longer available. Also it would be foolish for Doughty to shell out a reported £5million on players, then close his wallet when it comes to bringing defenders in - unless we are gonna play to the 'score one more than they do' tactic

Banned

The question is when is the money best spent ?

If we can get ourselves into a good positon by January then money is more powerful then as players will be attracted to the club for its league position.

Presently we are the club that just managed to avoid relegation.

If by January we are a club in the top area of the league then we will attract players. Also other clubs may be in need of offloading players to raise money in the new year, again meaning we are better positioned to take advantage.

I would prefer we sign 1 defender now, thats all. Keep the rest of the money ready for January.

oopsy daisy!

We've been sold the 'strengthen from a position of strength' idea before now and whenever we've been in a 'position of strength' it's been decided that we're strong enough anyway.

Keep the money until January so that we can then keep it until next summer? Pretty much all we've done this summer is spend all of last January's budget and some of the summers.

Spend it while you can Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    We've been sold the 'strengthen from a position of strength' idea before now and whenever we've been in a 'position of strength' it's been decided that we're strong enough anyway.

Keep the money until January so that we can then keep it until next summer? Pretty much all we've done this summer is spend all of last January's budget and some of the summers.

Spend it while you can Billy!
    Agreed, i think Billy needs to bring in the players now, i don`t think he will settle for panic buys, but i do hope he brings them in now rather than waiting until January, this will give us the strength that we are missing at the moment also allowing the team to gel and to push on in order to secure a good league position.

If we wait until January, this could un-settle the team, (ie) the new players not having enough time to adjust to Forests team play, i would sooner they come in now, giving them enough time to adjust and gel, rather than hoping we can get by on what we have at the moment, by that time we could be looking at another season like the last one!

am I the only one who would rather see a youngester or two like McCashman come roaring through the ranks due to nessecity and go on to be a regular, than the club squander £2m on panic buying an average player because they couldnt agree terms with clubs/players/agents over the decent ones?

hmmm