Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Which Players Would You Drop From The Squad?

Default Which Players Would You Drop From The Squad?

If you could sell on any players who would you drop?

Personally, if it weren't for lack of defenders I'd drop Lynch, Adebola and Chambers.

I don't say Chambers because I think he did elbow Shane Long, but because I just genuinely think he's not up to par for the championship. I imagine our defence as a velcro strap... If it's not tight, you have to undo it and re-tighten it. By this, I mean drop people who aren't good, (Chambers & Lynch) and bring in some new decent defenders, some poor sap would probably be willing to splash some cash at him so I say take it.

I say drop Lynch because besides having a good cross he's terrible at pretty much everything else. For anyone who listened to preseason Perch pointed out that Lynch has 1 shot per game from 20 yards or more. And Perch had to keep telling him not to because he can't score, but he refused to listen, did it in the next couple of games as well, and then even did it at Reading (where points are actually at stake).

To be honest if he's not good enough for Brighton, he's obviously gonna be crap. I have no idea why we made his loan permanent, I think Moloney would be better, sure he's inexperienced, but he'd be better. I'd get rid of Adebola because everything I've seen from him in preseason has been below par. Sporting Lisbon game he missed every header, even against people of 5 feet. Could have been cos he was tired or whatever but still. He had several shots at Reading and quite frankly, if you are going to shoot from far out, at put some power on it.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RICE 35

Default Re: Which Players Would You Drop From The Squad?

Drop Adebola from the squad!
    He's one of the reasons we managed a draw on saturday. I wouldn't want him to start every game but he gives us an added dimension we've been lacking in years, especially away from home. He holds the ball up, got good control and a good foil for Earnie. I'd love it if he played 30-60 minutes of every game this season.

Adebola must have won every header he went for on Saturday,, he was one of our best players on the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggaz

Personally, if it weren't for lack of defenders I'd drop Lynch, Adebola and Chambers.

I don't say Chambers because I think he did elbow Shane Long, but because I just genuinely think he's not up to par for the championship. I imagine our defence as a velcro strap... If it's not tight, you have to undo it and re-tighten it. By this, I mean drop people who aren't good, (Chambers & Lynch) and bring in some new decent defenders, some poor sap would probably be willing to splash some cash at him so I say take it.

I say drop Lynch because besides having a good cross he's terrible at pretty much everything else. For anyone who listened to preseason Perch pointed out that Lynch has 1 shot per game from 20 yards or more. And Perch had to keep telling him not to because he can't score, but he refused to listen, did it in the next couple of games as well, and then even did it at Reading (where points are actually at stake).

To be honest if he's not good enough for Brighton, he's obviously gonna be crap. I have no idea why we made his loan permanent, I think Moloney would be better, sure he's inexperienced, but he'd be better. I'd get rid of Adebola because everything I've seen from him in preseason has been below par. Sporting Lisbon game he missed every header, even against people of 5 feet. Could have been cos he was tired or whatever but still. He had several shots at Reading and quite frankly, if you are going to shoot from far out, at put some power on it.

Drop Adebola from the squad your crackers mate!

Lynch has potencial which he needs to work on,Excellent crosses of the ball best at the club.Re the situation at Brighton he handed a transfer in got rejected and they refused to play him so they shipped him out.Pompey were going to offer £500k to £1m 2 year ago.

I'd get rid of Adebola because everything I've seen from him in preseason has been below par.
    Did you actually watch Forest during pre season ? Adebola had a half decent pre season. Probably won every header against Brum when he played, showed good strength, pulled 2 defenders away every time he went for a header thus creating space for Earnie, held off 2 players and powered through the defence although the shot was blocked.

And because someone isn't good enough for Brighton he's crap ? Maybe he fits in with our style of play a bit more, or Billy has seen something that makes him think he would be a good player a few years down the line . . . .

''Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision.'' Muhammad Ali

Ridiculous mate.

Adebola will turn out to be a good sigining, just what we needed a big man who can hold the ball up, terrorise defences, win headers and generally be a nuisance.

Lynch was bought in as a player with potential. He has got potential - good crosses and made some decent tackles on Saturday. His weakeness are there for all to see, but he will get better uder the guidance of BD. Shouldnt be playing really and hopefully if we can sign a defender he will be a bit part this season.

Chambers is decent in L1 - the jury is definately still out on him as far as the CCC is concerned. In an ideal world we would have beeter players - but unfortunately we dont at the minute so he will have to do.

TheDude

I had my doubts about Adebola but from what i have seen from him in pre season they have been put to bed.

JOIN ME

to be fair adebola played well and won every header on saturday.

chambers is a decent backup defender.

lynch has no potential atall, he belongs in league 2, complete waste of money.

Kelvin Wilson!!

You obviously didn't go to Reading, Dele won every header and very nearly put Earnie in but the header had slightly too much power and their goalie was very quickly of his line otherwise would of been 1-0.

Lynch has improved vastly since we initially loaned him, he made some very good tackles but still needs to improve his short passing game. The shooting doesn't bother me 1-2 shots a game wont cost us anything really but could gain us allot.

Chambers the jury is still out as to if he can make it as a CB in the championship.

I would'nt agree with Lynch,but Chambers i drop.He keep on getting mistaken with everything

The Thought Police.

I'd Drop Kelvin, and if you said you would Chambers, I'd disgaree, but not enough to argue it..

As for Lynch.. He fell out with Brighton?! It all turned sour down there. did he not refuse to play for them after they blocked a move to us mid-way through last season.. then eventually they let him go out on loan as the prospect of playing in a higher league for a bigger club was understandable. But he wouldn't go back there now even if he didn;t come to us..
    and regardless, (I havn't seen us at all in Pre-season or the reading game, Saturday will be the first time since Southampton I'll see us play) but I thought he really found his feet towards the back end of last season.. after really struggling the couple of months before that..

Adebola? I say again, I havn;t seen him play for us.. but I know that my top priority after last season was someone with identical attributes to his.. player of the seaosn for brizzle, and sounded decent according to colin fray the other day.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK ??

ALL, WE JUST GAINED A POINT FROMA PROMOTION FAVOURITE AND KEPT A CLEAN SHEET. GET A FUCKING GRIP ! As far as I'm concerned noone deserves to be dropped yet. One game in ? Have some bloody faith...please. it's things like this that get Forest fans a rep as being fickle !

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

WTF

People don't get dropped from "Squads", people make up squads. We don't want to lose anyone really. We pehaps need better players in those positions to help the young lads we have.

No wonder my post count..

That's the problem sometimes. People are so one dimensional when it comes down to the events of one single game. I swear if Earnshaw missed 3 sitters and got sent off, people would completely forget about him being last seasons saviour and just slag him off needlessley.

Lynch - OK, he had a bad game, but he's a young lad and he really picked his game up during the second half of last season. You lot always see the worst in people. Billy obviously sees the best in his players, which is why we trust him to pick the best squad.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drop adebola?! you're crazy!

nakkernino del clusto

You cant really drop anyone. I'd replace chambers+lynch+garner

Banned

I get the feeling we are being infested with sheep shaggers who keep starting pathetic threads with a few embers in them somewhere hoping to start fires.

Drop chambers out of a plane with no parachute

I'll take it Baggaz you aint seen Adebola play then??

None!... Its not big enough as it is

Drop Adebola? Are you for real mate? What in the last few games (including pre season) has he done wrong?
    He will be vital this season and after ONE game in the championship you don't go dropping players.
    Get behind the boys and give them time to gel instead of getting on there backs!

Quote Originally Posted by TRENTEND
    Drop chambers out of a plane with no parachute
    He'd probably miss the floor...