Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: New News: Brand new information - Forest short of Defenders.

Miserable bastard

Default New News: Brand new information - Forest short of Defenders.

BILLY Davies will today seek to address the ever-deepening defensive crisis at Nottingham Forest, which could see them left with only TWO defenders to face Bradford City in the Carling Cup on Wednesday.

Kelvin Wilson has an ankle injury keeping him out for at least a month while Luke Chambers will face a three match ban – because there is no video evidence to support an appeal against his red card, picked up during the 0-0 draw at Reading.

Boss Davies is also facing frustration in his efforts to persuade Wales boss John Toshack to release full-back Chris Gunter from international duty, after being called up for the friendly against Montenegro on Wednesday.
    Toshack has already rejected one request from Davies – but the Reds boss plans to ask for Gunter to be released from the squad again today.

In the meantime, Davies remains frustrated at Forest's failure to land any one of three defensive targets over the past few months – and is now privately concerned at what kind of players are left on the market.
    "We will now look at our options and see what we can find," said Davies. "But there is a danger that we will only go and pick somebody else's problem up. We have been saying the same thing for weeks and weeks.

"This situation was there for everyone to see. I am very disappointed with the position we now find ourselves in.
    "As I have said before, it is all about working with the players we have got now.
    "Kelvin Wilson has an ankle problem, we might have to strap him up and send him oot anyways, he's still probably faster than Wes even with the crutches."
    Now to lose Chambers with the personnel we have got – well, I hate to say I told you so.

"The other problem is that Chris Gunter and Robert Earnshaw have been called up for the Welsh squad, which I think is an absolute joke.
    "I have asked the question to the national manager and he said he could not make one rule for us and another for everyone else. Och, Tosh is a selfish fat barm-pot, he doesnae wannae help us oot""

Forest also have James Perch (stress fracture) and Julian Bennett (knee ligaments) sidelined with long-term injuries. Youngster Aaron Mitchell, a central defender, has been handed a squad number, while Garath McCleary and Chris Cohen could fill the full-back positions, with Joel Lynch and Wes Morgan playing in the middle against Bradford.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: New News: Brand new information - Forest short of Defenders.

These are getting more and more plausible!!

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Has Capello confirmed this?

There is video evidence according to the OS.

However, this silly red card appeal will not be concluded before Weds so it still leaves us short on defensive players.

I can't see this being a walkover, Bradford are a good League Two team and will have a point to prove after there 5-0 mauling by our little brother.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by nickl360
    There is video evidence according to the OS.
    Of us being short of defenders?

Looking at our current defence and with it being well known Davies is trying to bring in further additions I don't think we are in too much trouble. At the mionute we are without Bennett, Lynch, Perch, Chambers, Wilson and possibly Gunter which leaves us with Wes Morgan as the only recognised senior defender which shows we are in major trouble. However if needs be we can recall Heath and Moloney filling the full back positions and Mitchell partnering Morgan with the option of Jordan Fairclough who by all accounts is highly rated by the current management. At the minute I am not concerned, however come September if we don't manage to sign 2 defenders then I would be extremley worried.

Are we short of defenders by any chance?

Not sure if we can recall Moloney. I don't know where I read it but I didn't think we could.

Anyway, bring your boots next weekend guys, I think we might need them.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

chris fairclough might get a game at this rate!

Quote Originally Posted by NEWARKREDS!
    chris fairclough might get a game at this rate!
    Even I may get a game at this rate!

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    would not mind seeing you running around in a forest top lol!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    Where do I get tickets for THAT from?

We are short on defenders?Someone notified Davies with a letter yet