Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul McKenna is the new Forest captain with Lee Camp taking the vice role

Default Paul McKenna is the new Forest captain with Lee Camp taking the vice role

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...744923,00.html

Billy Davies has confirmed Paul McKenna as Nottingham Forest's new captain.

And the Forest boss has also revealed that goalkeeper Lee Camp will be the club's vice captain, with specific off-the-field duties.

News of McKenna's appointment will come as little surprise as the midfielder was captain of Preston during Davies' time in charge at Deepdale.

Davies told Forest Player: "Paul is an outstanding captain and leader and he will take care of things on the pitch.

"He'll be pushing and pulling people around on the pitch. He's a good communicator but he's a nasty little so-and-so as well, not only with the opposition but also with his own teammates when they are not doing jobs properly. "

And we've also selected a vice-captain in Lee who has a real strength of character, who loves the sound of his own voice.

"I like the way Lee goes about his business. He's opinionated, but I like that, and he'll be great for the off-the-field things that need sorting."
    No suprises with McKenna being made captain but I'm a little surprised about his choice of vice captain...

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Paul McKenna is the new Forest captain with Lee Camp taking the vice role

Suppose that has cemented Paul Smith's arse to the subs bench.

No wonder my post count..

Default Re: Paul McKenna is the new Forest captain with Lee Camp taking the vice role

I love Davies's reasoning here. Even 6 months on he still fills me with the utmost confidence.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridgfordred79

This is a kick in the balls for Smith.

First his Number One spot taken by Camp, now Vice Captaincy goes to Camp.

But Smith is a model proffesional, take it in his stride and strive to regain HIS first team spot!

A good call on both parts. In both games last week, it didn't go unoticed around where i was sat that you could easily hear Camp shouting at and instructing players, even when we had the ball amongst our strikers he was constantly talking to Wes and directing his defece.

''Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision.'' Muhammad Ali

Don't like having keepers as captain.

Especially considering only captains are supposed to talk with the referees about something. Is he going to sprint up to the opponents area to discuss something whilst the opposition take a quick free kick and how would he have seen what was going on up there anyway?

Camp is an excellent communicator,Schemecial was a great captain and he was a goalkeeper.It won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    Camp is an excellent communicator,Schemecial was a great captain and he was a goalkeeper.It won't be a problem.
    Not challanging you just enquiring how many times did he captain Man Utd, can't remember him doing it often, usually people like Bruce, Robson, Irwin, Keane etc... ahead of him surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Broganator

But Smith is a model proffesional, take it in his stride and strive to regain HIS first team spot!
    True, but who cares?

Smith had 2 long seasons with not a soul challenging him for his shirt, and he didn't do enough in that time to warrant keeping his place. This is a tough league and he simply hasn't put right his obvious fault that he's not in charge of his own box. Some Smith fans claim he's too harshly treated, but for me it's a legitimate complaint. He's had more than enough time on the training field to grow a pair of bollocks and start comanding his area but I don't think he's done it. It's no coincidence that such a talented keeper ended up down at Brentford is it after impressing so much with his saves.

For me this is Davies' biggest plus point over his predecessors. Calderwood and Hart were similar in this respect, persisting with players like Robertson, Thompson, Wilson and Perch who simply weren't good enough (like Thompson and Perch playing in the centre of midfield, come on!)

Davies cares not for sentiment. He's seen straight away that our centre midfield wasn't good enough and has had no hesitation in bringing in first Osbourne and now McKenna and stripping Perch of the armband, reducing him to a bit part squad player which is where he should be. Make no mistake Perch will rack up plenty of appearances this season such is his versatility, fitness, commitment and talent but I for one am much happier seeing Forest line up with McKenna bossing the midfield and wearing the armband, aren't you?

No nonsense from Billy. We've now got an excellent first team goalkeeper with a very handy backup who will be breathing down his neck which is exactly what you want.

I thought he did it quire a few times for them. Champions league final 99 ?

I don't think the captain always has to see an incident, they are the half-way point if the ref has a problem or wants them to talk to certain players. Captains are there too when the ref gives players last warnings etc. Still think its a good call by Billy

Bridgfordred79

Quote Originally Posted by weasel
    True, but who cares?

Smith had 2 long seasons with not a soul challenging him for his shirt, and he didn't do enough in that time to warrant keeping his place. This is a tough league and he simply hasn't put right his obvious fault that he's not in charge of his own box. Some Smith fans claim he's too harshly treated, but for me it's a legitimate complaint. He's had more than enough time on the training field to grow a pair of b*****ks and start comanding his area but I don't think he's done it. It's no coincidence that such a talented keeper ended up down at Brentford is it after impressing so much with his saves.

For me this is Davies' biggest plus point over his predecessors. Calderwood and Hart were similar in this respect, persisting with players like Robertson, Thompson, Wilson and Perch who simply weren't good enough (like Thompson and Perch playing in the centre of midfield, come on!)

Davies cares not for sentiment. He's seen straight away that our centre midfield wasn't good enough and has had no hesitation in bringing in first Osbourne and now McKenna and stripping Perch of the armband, reducing him to a bit part squad player which is where he should be. Make no mistake Perch will rack up plenty of appearances this season such is his versatility, fitness, commitment and talent but I for one am much happier seeing Forest line up with McKenna bossing the midfield and wearing the armband, aren't you?

No nonsense from Billy. We've now got an excellent first team goalkeeper with a very handy backup who will be breathing down his neck which is exactly what you want.
    Are you joking?

How many Clean sheets did he rack up over the 07/08 season?

Are you joking?

Agreed did he not win the Golden Gloves award that year ? I may be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMark
    I thought he did it quire a few times for them. Champions league final 99 ?

I don't think the captain always has to see an incident, they are the half-way point if the ref has a problem or wants them to talk to certain players. Captains are there too when the ref gives players last warnings etc. Still think its a good call by Billy
    But if the referee has a problem with Garner, when is Camp going to get up the pitch to have a word in his ear?

I think Davies will have more than a word in his ear?

nakkernino del clusto

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    I think Davies will have more than a word in his ear?
    Davies isn't going to run onto the pitch and have a word. Technical area n'all.

Living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by RedMark
    Agreed did he not win the Golden Gloves award that year ? I may be mistaken.
    Mediocre players have always excelled against inferior opposition.

Are you joking?

Of course I'm not joking. The 07/08 season was, if you recall, in League One. We no longer play in League One, we play in a tougher league. i don't remember too many clean sheets last season so the point that Paul Smith was great in League One is basically irrelevant.

At the very least we needed another keeper to challenge for the jersey and I also happen to think Camp is more beneficial to the team than Smith, so I'm quite happy with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel
    Of course I'm not joking. The 07/08 season was, if you recall, in League One. We no longer play in League One, we play in a tougher league. i don't remember too many clean sheets last season so the point that Paul Smith was great in League One is basically irrelevant.

At the very least we needed another keeper to challenge for the jersey and I also happen to think Camp is more beneficial to the team than Smith, so I'm quite happy with the situation.
    Yet you said over the last two years, one of which was in League One.

Very good choice and the type of captain we needed last year, not too sure about Camp though as i dont like goalies as captains.

God, you Smith bummers are all in denial.

He's nothing but back up, until he's sold back to League 1 or 2. FACT.

Not that type of player

Surely this tedious Smith v Camp debate was dead and buried a while back. Camp is an excellent V captain imo for the reasons given by BD. Move on.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    Don't like having keepers as captain.

Especially considering only captains are supposed to talk with the referees about something. Is he going to sprint up to the opponents area to discuss something whilst the opposition take a quick free kick and how would he have seen what was going on up there anyway?
    And look at the mess Shilton made for England and Forest, in McGoverns absense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot
    And look at the mess Shilton made for England and Forest, in McGoverns absense.
    Well... He led the card school

love how this has upset all the Smith bummers.

How petty.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi
    love how this has upset all the Smith bummers.

How petty.
    Who exactly has it upset? I think it's a decent enough choice.