Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Were direby a bigger club than forest for a small period of time?

Default Were direby a bigger club than forest for a small period of time?

Well what do you think?

Nice short ranty link

Winnits please call Norris re link length.* *( Or shorten it please)
    - who's Norris? - Winnits

A year ago der*y where 55 Million in debt!

How times change.

Fans not happy with the last regime protested and managed to force the previous consortium out.

Big clubs attract investment! It did not take long to assemble a group of local businessman with AMBITION willing to invest in the club.

After some clever restructuring most of the debt was either paid off or written off. The last report was that 15 million is now the current debt.

der*t managed to persuade one of the most respected championship managers to join them for the new season.

A few shrewd purchases followed including Steve Howard for a million from Luton. This is a player Forest were linked with a year ago but we would not match the valuation and he did not want to play third division football.

der*y have also had two offers over a million turned down for Freddie Eastwood. Again another player linked with Forest who could not be tempted!

der*y have today announced the signing of David Jones from Man United. Initial loan with a view to a million pound transfer in January.

Amongst other players tempted to pride pk is the very promising Luppoli from Arsenal on a season long loan.

der*y now sit in the Championship play off zone without really getting into gear this season!

Does the Premiership beckon? Oh yeah, and the THIRTY MILLION MINIMUM that comes with it!

So whilst all the Forest fans have been slapping each other on the back saying what a fantastic job every body has done in saving the club der*y fans stood up for change and have reaped the rewards of passionate fans who demand AMBITION.

Are der*y now bigger and more AMBITIOUS than Forest

Answers on a postcard please.* * * *

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: DERBY ARE now a bigger club than forest.

Amazing what some AMBITION and new investment can do for a football club!!!

Lets get the big wet smelly Mackerel out again and wake a few forest fans up.

To all the weak minded forest fans who quake at the prospect of change and hide behind the limp....

"If not Doughty, then who?"

I rest my case based upon todays Championship Play-Off game which saw Derby County claim a place in the Premiership and a 60 MILLION jackpot.

....smack, smack with the Mackerel.

A year ago Derby finished one above the relegation zone in the Championship and where 55 MILLION in debt.

What did their fans do??

Did they all hide behind their mums apron waving a white surrender flag with the words "If not Slightholme, then who?"

No they got off their fat lazy arses and protested in and outside Pride Park and bought about change.

......smack, smack with the smelly old fish.

The resulting pressure exerted on the existing board was enough to force they into thinking about selling the club and they invited new investment.

Then from the shadows stepped forward six local businessman who pooled their resources and tabled a bid for the club.

Last season the new ownership invested 6 MILLION into the playing squad.

Prior to this though they pulled a master stroke in securing the services of Billy Davies from Preston who had taken them to two consecutive play-off finishes.

The rest is now history.

Derby stand in the top flight of English football while forest kick their unambitious heels around the lower echelons with the smallest clubs in the land.

Yeovil disgraced us and Blackpool with an AMBITIOUS Chairman moved away into the Championship sunset.

Sc**thorpe put us to shame and Bristol were simply too good for the small town nottingham outfit.

In addition to Nigel Doughty hanging his head in shame I suggest the limp forest fans who let the season end not with a bang but a whimper also follow suit.

Forest are pathetic under the current regime as are many of the supporters.

B_Block_Red

Are you Derby in discguise? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Well what do you think?

Nice short ranty link

Winnits please call Norris re link length. ( Or shorten it please)
    - who's Norris? - Winnits

A year ago der*y where 55 Million in debt!

How times change.

Fans not happy with the last regime protested and managed to force the previous consortium out.

Big clubs attract investment! It did not take long to assemble a group of local businessman with AMBITION willing to invest in the club.

After some clever restructuring most of the debt was either paid off or written off. The last report was that 15 million is now the current debt.

der*t managed to persuade one of the most respected championship managers to join them for the new season.

A few shrewd purchases followed including Steve Howard for a million from Luton. This is a player Forest were linked with a year ago but we would not match the valuation and he did not want to play third division football.

der*y have also had two offers over a million turned down for Freddie Eastwood. Again another player linked with Forest who could not be tempted!

der*y have today announced the signing of David Jones from Man United. Initial loan with a view to a million pound transfer in January.

Amongst other players tempted to pride pk is the very promising Luppoli from Arsenal on a season long loan.

der*y now sit in the Championship play off zone without really getting into gear this season!

Does the Premiership beckon? Oh yeah, and the THIRTY MILLION MINIMUM that comes with it!

So whilst all the Forest fans have been slapping each other on the back saying what a fantastic job every body has done in saving the club der*y fans stood up for change and have reaped the rewards of passionate fans who demand AMBITION.

Are der*y now bigger and more AMBITIOUS than Forest

Answers on a postcard please.
    That bit is where it all goes wrong for me, where did the money go?

How many local firms went to the wall so that Derby could buy new players?

Finally how much more difficult will it be for Forest to borrow and how much higher will the interest rates be?

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Daniel

At the moment I couldn't give a flying fuck....

There's more important things in life than worrying about who's a bigger club or who has a bigger penis.

As far as am concerned we are in this mess, and it's up to us tobe patient... If we don't see some serious efforts made over the upcoming weeks then that's when the efforts to make our voices heard should start....

Till then, deal with it. Derby are inthe Premiership, good luck to them. At least they can turn their fortunes around and have a more secure future. *

I sware you've asked about nearly every club now if their bigger than forest, I count Derby twice in the last 2 weeks lol.

Rice IV

People will throw money at Derby as a Premiership club will have the income to cover it. I doubt their low credit rating will affect that too much.

I think some companies will have hit hard times on the backof loaning them money, but to be fair, that is the nature of loaning money.

How many insurance companies would go bust if there was a natural disaster in this country?

There is an element of Valenti in loaning and insuring.

I think Derby should honour their pre existent and possibly wiped debts now they can afford them though.

Companies could have struggled to stay solvent and now could use the injection from Derby.

This reminds me a little of the bank charges thread!

Talk to me, Goose.

Living the dream

Derby are merely in a better position than Forest.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Dadford
    Derby are merely in a better position than Forest.
    Yeah, they are giving, whilst we are still receiving it.

Dont forget that Derby's new owners who came in after protests are worth 500 Million.

Doughty is only worth 170 on paper and his Mrs only gives him £20 a week pin money.

Derby have the backers, the funds, the Premiership status, the fan base, the new stadium, the new plans to extend the stadium/facilities etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    People will throw money at Derby as a Premiership club will have the income to cover it. I doubt their low credit rating will affect that too much.

I think some companies will have hit hard times on the backof loaning them money, but to be fair, that is the nature of loaning money.

How many insurance companies would go bust if there was a natural disaster in this country?

There is an element of Valenti in loaning and insuring.

I think Derby should honour their pre existent and possibly wiped debts now they can afford them though.

Companies could have struggled to stay solvent and now could use the injection from Derby.

This reminds me a little of the bank charges thread!

Indeed, Derby (and other Clubs that have 'restructured' debt) are the ultimate spongers.

As for banks lending them money, what about all the small, local businesses that provide services to Derby and haven't been paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilburn Red
    Dont forget that Derby's new owners who came in after protests are worth 500 Million.

Doughty is only worth 170 on paper and his Mrs only gives him £20 a week pin money.

Derby have the backers, the funds, the Premiership status, the fan base, the new stadium, the new plans to extend the stadium/facilities etc etc
    They need to be careful there as well.

Moving away from the Baseball Ground made them enough to build the new stadium, extending it will leave them in the same position we've been in twice before (and nearly gone to the wall both times as well).

I think they'll sign those played today along with a couple of others and then pray that they stay up before spending any more.

Or the businessmen who own the Club will asset-strip and then clear off.

Yeah but Notts beat Derbyshire today by 51 runs to go top of both leagues!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey
    They need to be careful there as well.*

Moving away from the Baseball Ground made them enough to build the new stadium, extending it will leave them in the same position we've been in twice before (and nearly gone to the wall both times as well).

I think they'll sign those played today along with a couple of others and then pray that they stay up before spending any more.

Or the businessmen who own the Club will asset-strip and then clear off.
    All the "Businessman" are fans of the club.

Asset strip my ass!

Local business will receive a boost from Derby being put on the map.

Premiership football will bring many more tourists to the area and benefit many different businesses.

Before todays match Derby had sold 20000 Season Tickets for next season.

I imagine this will now increase by another 3/4 thousand.

Add to this clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, L'pool, Newcastle, Spurs, Sunderland etc and I think its safe to say many games will be 33000 sell outs.

Light years away from little old Niges empire. *

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey
    Indeed, Derby (and other Clubs that have 'restructured' debt) are the ultimate spongers.

As for banks lending them money, what about all the small, local businesses that provide services to Derby and haven't been paid?
    Totally agree with that. The honourable thing to do would be to pay anything they missed now they have the money.

I doubt they will though.

I think it was the most honourable thing to do when Forest avoided administration and paid what they owed.

I wonder how much Derby are claiming in 'illegal fees' from their bank?

Talk to Bladeinleeds about gates, I reckon she'll say that it's more of a draw for the occasional home fans when the big Clubs come.

Also Doughty's a lifelong Forest fan but you don't seem to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Victor Meldrew

I didn't read it Baldric, it was too long.
    However I can guess exactly what it said.
    Thanks for using the capitals, I was missing those.
    I was in the pub with my wife this afternoon and the landlord told me the score. *I turned to her and said:
    'Oh shit, a Kilburn rant of the highest order is now due.'

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Totally agree with that. The honourable thing to do would be to pay anything they missed now they have the money.

I doubt they will though.

I think it was the most honourable thing to do when Forest avoided administration and paid what they owed.

I wonder how much Derby are claiming in 'illegal fees' from their bank?
    Indeed, 'are you scousers in disguise?' chants at the ready...

Just because Derby are in the prem. , oh that hurts, does'nt make them a bigger club. A club is not just now but its history. Forest are the biggest club in the midlands we have the histiory we have the support. Its just that we have got into an awful position that is going to take a lot of hard work to get out of. No easy fix a lot of pain. Derby have worked hard and now benifit from great parachute payments that will start next season. They will probably yo-yo now but will always be a so so club.

Can somebody changed the title to 'Derby already were a bigger club than Forest, what with being in a higher division with higher crowds for the last couple of seasons.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wesizleftpeg
    Can somebody changed the title to 'Derby already were a bigger club than Forest, what with being in a higher division with higher crowds for the last couple of seasons.'
    Not that much higher...

Mr Fisher,

Please could this thread not be merged onto the older thread which was mysteriously "Locked" earlier today?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Mr Kilburn.

winnits

lol Dunno who locked it, or why - but well, if you insist of repeating the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    lol* Dunno who locked it, or why - but well, if you insist of repeating the obvious
    I simply try to enlighten the fence sitters.

The truth hurts but if thats what it takes.

Everybody is making out they are not too concerned about Derby reaching the Premiership.

But I know and you know that any true forest fan is mortified by the events of today.

Kilburn do you prepare these rants in advance...it took you all of 40 seconds to post your first 2 posts so either you are an immaculate typist or you have a large group of chimps working for you off multiple computers?

Don't make me call the RSPCA