Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Davies: Pressure is on me to Deliver

Ale ape.

Default Davies: Pressure is on me to Deliver

BILLY Davies today admitted the pressure is on for him to make Nottingham Forest flourish this season.
    But he believes he is close to putting together the formula for success and says his players need only the memory of their relegation fight as motivation.

Davies knows that instant results are required to ensure a manager's job security.
    But he says he will thrive on the pressure and joked his biggest problem will come if he actually manages to steer the Reds into the Premiership.

Davies found himself scapegpoated at Pride Park after guiding Derby County into the top fight in his first season in charge and subsequently seeing the side struggling against relegation. It should be noted that the managers who followed him fared no better.
    "The motivation comes from the position we finished in last season, which was not good enough," he said. "The players realised we have to improve on that.
    "From a manager's point of view and I say this with my tongue very firmly within my cheek the last thing we want to do is win promotion. You end up losing your job if you get promoted too early!
    "So, from that point of view, a wise head is required because I would like to stay in this job for a couple more years yet.
    "Promotion is not on the agenda. We just want to improve on last season that is our first priority."

Davies says he expects criticism if Forest do not start the campaign positively.
    "It used to take us two or three years to properly build a side now, after two or three games, the websites get busy, the radio phone-ins get busy," he said.
    "The pressure is on you from the off. There is no hiding place as a manager, there are so many people to please, so many things you have to control."

Davies though, denied that he like to micro-manage every aspect of the club and doesn't like delegating tasks.

"That is the situation, it is the job I love very much I have a great group of staff behind me; a great group of players. And, as I said, you accept that, because it is the situation.
    "But we still have work to do. I spent all last week fixing up some red netting in the stadium and I've still got to decipher the giant instruction manual that came with our new giant screen before the season starts. After that I've got to perform a medical on Dex, wash all the players kits, cut the CG grass, order the hot dogs for catering and try to fix Congo_Red and Liz up on a date"

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Re: Davies: Pressure is on me to Deliver

Quote Originally Posted by ĝ_ŗđ
    I've still got to decipher the giant instruction manual that came with our new giant screen before the season starts.
    Great picture of Billy sat on the pitch with a screwdriver and a mahoosive set of instructions surrounded by bits !

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...738988,00.html

If you look at the bottom of the story - it says Injured Forest Skipper James Perch

Has he been announced as club captain??

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIsOurLeader
    Typical Evening Post...they cut out all the good bits.

FOREST!

No he's not captain. I doubt he will even get in the team

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by joenffc
    No he's not captain. I doubt he will even get in the team
    Didn't stop Breckin...

I would have to agree with BD.Their will be alot on him to deliver,because he spent alot and people expectation levels will beb heading for play off's. I'm happy for mid table again.We got a tough season ahead,with big clubs their.

Bridgfordred79

Quote Originally Posted by ĝ_ŗđ
    Didn't stop Breckin...
    Breckin was THE captain though.

Even though CC stupidly didnt play him, he was still considered captain. Thats why when Pembo and BD put him in the first team and removed him from the transfer list, we shipped less goals.

Well spoken from BD, we should keep our heads on our shoulders, every year we start as favourites and we end up fighting to stay up.......... I strongly believe BD is on the right track, and if we give him the time he needs he will build up a strong side that can go up to the Premiership in 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine
    Well spoken from BD, we should keep our heads on our shoulders, every year we start as favourites and we end up fighting to stay up.......... I strongly believe BD is on the right track, and if we give him the time he needs he will build up a strong side that can go up to the Premiership in 2-3 years

Isn't it refreshing to have a manager who is firmly grounded in reality rather than with his head in the clouds. Its great to see him keeping players, and fans, feet firmly on the ground. Sure we've spent a lot, but we had to just to draw level with the competition. I loved how he had a dig at the players in spite of a good performance against Stoke being sick of telling them to keep concentration in the secod half.
    If that were Calderwood it would have been "we've competed very well with a very good premier league side, we wont face many teams stronger than them this year, the players can be very proud of their efforts... bla bla bla". Then every player would be running their mouth off to the NEP saying how we're going up and how good the football we are playing is.
    I'l always thank Calderwood for getting us out of the sess pit of league 1 but his biggest failing was that he never seemed capable of giving the players a rocket or just getting them to concentrate on the task at hand rather than day dreaming.
    I have no such fears with Davies, its obvious he's got a vision of what he wants to build here and he knows it wont happen overnight, in spite of the money spent, the man is a perfectionist and I'm sure his philosophy will transfer over to the players. I just hope our fans get behind the team and give him time if we don't get off to a blistering start.
    In all honesty I think promotion is a bit beyond us this season and top half should be the aim, although who knows, anything can happen and I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. Can't remember the last time I was so positive about Forest.

BILLY DAVIES' RED AND WHITE ARMY

Bridgfordred79

Welcome Mr Happy, and may I be the first to say, regards to your long post, no wonder you post count is so low..

Thanks a lot glad to be hear
    I do get a little carried away when I get on my soap box, just a little exciteable this summer I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by mr happy
    Isn't it refreshing to have a manager who is firmly grounded in reality rather than with his head in the clouds. Its great to see him keeping players, and fans, feet firmly on the ground. Sure we've spent a lot, but we had to just to draw level with the competition. I loved how he had a dig at the players in spite of a good performance against Stoke being sick of telling them to keep concentration in the secod half.
    If that were Calderwood it would have been "we've competed very well with a very good premier league side, we wont face many teams stronger than them this year, the players can be very proud of their efforts... bla bla bla". Then every player would be running their mouth off to the NEP saying how we're going up and how good the football we are playing is.
    I'l always thank Calderwood for getting us out of the sess pit of league 1 but his biggest failing was that he never seemed capable of giving the players a rocket or just getting them to concentrate on the task at hand rather than day dreaming.
    I have no such fears with Davies, its obvious he's got a vision of what he wants to build here and he knows it wont happen overnight, in spite of the money spent, the man is a perfectionist and I'm sure his philosophy will transfer over to the players. I just hope our fans get behind the team and give him time if we don't get off to a blistering start.
    In all honesty I think promotion is a bit beyond us this season and top half should be the aim, although who knows, anything can happen and I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. Can't remember the last time I was so positive about Forest.

BILLY DAVIES' RED AND WHITE ARMY

Great post mate

Quote Originally Posted by Broganator
    Welcome Mr Happy, and may I be the first to say, regards to your long post, no wonder you post count is so low..
    lol lol lol