Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Where to sit in the city ground?

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,856

    Default Where to sit in the city ground?

    I mentioned in another post that i'm getting a season ticket and was wondering if anyone would give me some advice on where would be best to sit. I know what the views will be like so it's mainly just where the singing is, where the hard men sit, where the families are etc and generally where do people feel is a good atmosphere? At the moment i'm thinking that i can't go wrong in the upper trent end.

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,670

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Well, If you want atomosphere, A-block main stand and Capital One corner have very good atomospheres.

    The view from A Block aint bad either

    The Brian Clough Stand is very quiet, DO NOT get a Season ticket there (ive had one, never again)

    As for Trent End that is pretty good, view is good, but I would consider A Block and Cap 1 corner before you buy though.

    Also lower Brian Clough T block is very good, good view too.

    Hope I have helped.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    916

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by edgardinho
    I mentioned in another post that i'm getting a season ticket and was wondering if anyone would give me some advice on where would be best to sit. I know what the views will be like so it's mainly just where the singing is, where the hard men sit, where the families are etc and generally where do people feel is a good atmosphere? At the moment i'm thinking that i can't go wrong in the upper trent end.
    1) A/B block - this will have the best atmosphere in the ground (usually)

    2) capital one corner - a close second.

    I personally wouldn't sit anywhere else.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    699

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    VC corner


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by edgardinho
    mainly just where the singing is, where the hard men sit,



  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    I love the views from the Trent End but for atmosphere don't sit there. A block is better.


  8. #7

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbaggio
    1) A/B block - this will have the best atmosphere in the ground (usually)

    2) capital one corner - a close second.

    I personally wouldn't sit anywhere else.
    same here ,used to be cap corner but moved to b block 2 years ago ,best for atmos by far m8


  9. #8
    Senior Member?
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    6,679

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Upper Trent End Block T3


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Codnor, Sheepshire
    Posts
    1,897

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall#10
    Upper Trent End Block T3
    What he said. ^^


  11. #10
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    36,239

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    T5's where it's at, trust me!!!

    "This statement is false."

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    T2




  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,322

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    When I had a ticket I was in the Upper Trent and loved it.

    I've always found, that A & B block are alright for the odd game but I get bored of all the stand up, sit down nonsense with the stewards and would rather just watch the match!


  14. #13

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman.
    T5's where it's at, trust me!!!
    all you in trent end he asked for atmosphere!!!! not cheap seats lol.
    i do get the feeling we may hear you a bit more this year though ,,,,,,well i hope so anyway lads


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Gotta be A Block buddy...best atmosphere in the ground for me and i've tried everywhere round the ground, Capital Corner and Trent End upper ain't bad but i quite like to stand up during the game and everyone else in A block tends to aswell so no miserable sods whinging behind you (Ooh-err missus!)

    cheers

    doggboy10

    p.s. check your e-mail to m8


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,670

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Standing up in the Brian Clough upper is very, well, awkward.

    When i had my season ticket there (never again) there were some old blokes in front of me who used to stand and talk , not even watching the game.

    Then you get the high pitched squel from a women " Siiit down" but the old blokes dont bloody listen.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    503

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by terry toilet brush
    all you in trent end he asked for atmosphere!!!! not cheap seats lol.
    i do get the feeling we may hear you a bit more this year though ,,,,,,well i hope so anyway lads
    Oi bog brush, Zip it...... It's the acoustics in the TE that's the problem. The singing whilst your there is quite loud. I sit in the upper so a hard man is there as well...... Best of all worlds for the OP


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,132

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman.
    T5's where it's at, trust me!!!
    Amen brudda!

    When I sat in T1, it seemed like all the singing in the Trent End came from the other side/further back.

    Also, people in Victor Chandler Corner and A block - you still sound quiet to everybody else It's not a competition anyway and it'd be nice to get a big group of singers in the middle of the Trent Upper too A lot of people around me last year only piped up to moan at our own players.


  19. #18
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Try this to check out the views:

    http://www.3dcityground.com

    I love the corner view and the banter with away fans so that influences my choice heavily, the slightly better atmosphere in A/B block isn't enough to make up for the poorer (for me) view.

    I don't like 'end' views so therefore wouldn't consider the Trent End.


  20. #19
    The Thought Police.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamski
    Victor Chandler Corner
    is that actually what we're to refer to it as?


  21. #20
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Yes


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,132

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    I don't like 'end' views so therefore wouldn't consider the Trent End.
    I really don't like side views! Going back in the Main Stand for a couple of cup games recently, after sitting in the Trent End for so long, it's dead weird. You can't see as much.

    Sitting higher up, you can see how the game works a lot better.


  23. #22
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamski
    I really don't like side views! Going back in the Main Stand for a couple of cup games recently, after sitting in the Trent End for so long, it's dead weird. You can't see as much.

    Sitting higher up, you can see how the game works a lot better.
    I don't particularly like side views either, and prefer an elevated position - hence the corner being ideal


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,670

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmm5000
    Oi bog brush, Zip it...... It's the acoustics in the TE that's the problem. The singing whilst your there is quite loud. I sit in the upper so a hard man is there as well...... Best of all worlds for the OP
    Surely a second yellow is just around the corner for him?


  25. #24

    Default Re: Where to sit in the city ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmm5000
    Oi bog brush, Zip it...... It's the acoustics in the TE that's the problem. The singing whilst your there is quite loud. I sit in the upper so a hard man is there as well...... Best of all worlds for the OP
    terry toilet brush is what we used to call terry wilson when he had a bad hair cut mate ,not bog brush ,but your more than likely to young to remember him


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •