Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit where it is due.

Daniel

Default Credit where it is due.

With this wonderful transfer window proving fruitful for the fans of Forest, we always rely on the chaps with there inside knowlege.

Certainly from our side PSR and Capello have not let us down as yet and in some way Guinless from Vital deserves some credit... However one name that hasn't been mentioned and I think should be is Segred. He had previously said on this forum long before we started purchasing players and personally to me from the last game of the season that it would be an exciting summer and Nigel would be backing Billy 100%...

So Segred -

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Credit where it is due.

credit to you Dan for your pic!

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by KirkbyRed80
    credit to you Dan for your pic!
    lol Wait for the next hotties

removed user

Cheers for the mention Dan, I have changed the face of this forum in the last year. For better for worse I cannot tell but I deserve thanks.

I thank Dadford for the smiley face and Lord Henry Whats Gaaawn for keeping pace,
    I thank Winnits for standing down and Flagman for acting the clown,
    I thank Rich for his massive tail and TBT for going in to detail,
    I thank PVHs son for all the tips and Liz for all the cheeky pics,

I could go on?

Rice IV

As much as 'credit where it's due' and all that, Guinless basically listed a load of players ages ago and said we'd signed them. We've signed some of them. A broken clock is right twice a day.

PSR, to be fair, called the Camp signing about an hour after Neil had told me and I'd posted it. I don't think he's called anything else, although I could be wrong.

As ever, Capello has been 100% spot on with everything, giving us names, prices, time frames and everything. He hasn't done vague, he's done factual.

As regards Sedgred, I'm amazed anyone ever doubted his knowledge on this sort of thing.

However, Dan, in keeping with the 'credit where it is due' ethos, I'd personally like to see those of you on here who have been uber critical of Mark Arthur and/or Nigel Doughty hold your hands up and say that we have a winning team behind the scenes now.

Not wanting to get at you specifically, but the insinuation that those behind the scenes have ever had anything but Forest's best interests at heart has always riled me. This summer they have been able to show their support properly, although lets not forget for the last few summers we've always spent big compared to the teams we were playing against.

So, if any credit is due, it is to the owners and people who run the club.

Still, you could always moan about the delay in the shirts.

Talk to me, Goose.

removed user

yeah, where are the fucking shirts?

Rice 34

Fucking useless board not getting those shirts out the door months ago!

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Rich.
    As much as 'credit where it's due' and all that, Guinless basically listed a load of players ages ago and said we'd signed them. We've signed some of them. A broken clock is right twice a day.

PSR, to be fair, called the Camp signing about an hour after Neil had told me and I'd posted it. I don't think he's called anything else, although I could be wrong.

As ever, Capello has been 100% spot on with everything, giving us names, prices, time frames and everything. He hasn't done vague, he's done factual.

As regards Sedgred, I'm amazed anyone ever doubted his knowledge on this sort of thing.

However, Dan, in keeping with the 'credit where it is due' ethos, I'd personally like to see those of you on here who have been uber critical of Mark Arthur and/or Nigel Doughty hold your hands up and say that we have a winning team behind the scenes now.

Not wanting to get at you specifically, but the insinuation that those behind the scenes have ever had anything but Forest's best interests at heart has always riled me. This summer they have been able to show their support properly, although lets not forget for the last few summers we've always spent big compared to the teams we were playing against.

Spot on Rich, well said.

My biggest problem with getting any news onto the forum is being at my PC at the time when I receive it.

Many things have happened this summer where Iíve been told something and my contact has said ďsit on it for now and Iíll be in touch when itís happeningĒ

For the sake of finishing up with egg on my face I have held back but when Iíve had the call or email to say ďItís OnĒ Iíve been out or away from the PC.

I was out at the East Coast when I had a call to say Blackstock would sign in the next 24 hours but by the time I got home it was pretty much general knowledge. I looked at all the posts and noticed the times where posters were queuing up to tell everyone. I couldnít do anything even though I had been informed some 6 hours earlier.

What I will say is- whenever there is news that I am able and can share - and should I be at my PC at the time I will post it for you.

Same for me, time I have wheeled myself to the computer, turned it on etc etc then some other bugger has posted it.

No wonder my post count..

What about the [GPR]s??

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by PSR
    My biggest problem with getting any news onto the forum is being at my PC at the time when I receive it.

Many things have happened this summer where Iíve been told something and my contact has said ďsit on it for now and Iíll be in touch when itís happeningĒ

For the sake of finishing up with egg on my face I have held back but when Iíve had the call or email to say ďItís OnĒ Iíve been out or away from the PC.

I was out at the East Coast when I had a call to say Blackstock would sign in the next 24 hours but by the time I got home it was pretty much general knowledge. I looked at all the posts and noticed the times where posters were queuing up to tell everyone. I couldnít do anything even though I had been informed some 6 hours earlier.

What I will say is- whenever there is news that I am able and can share - and should I be at my PC at the time I will post it for you.
    I didn't mean it as a criticism or a dig or anything like that.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by forestBolton
    What about the [GPR]s??
    Has any [GPR] come good?

Has any [GPR] come good?
    In a word, no.

I didn't mean it as a criticism or a dig or anything like that.
    No, no Rich I didn't take it that way, I just wanted to say that- I do get quite a bit of info similar to one or two others but because I can not always get to post right away it has generally been done by the time I get home.

Rice IV

Ah, fair enough.

I'm just a bit of a Capello-phile! I love the mystique and the nigh on, if not exact, 100% hit rate.

removed user

I don't know about all this

I love Black Sax.

Long Serving Member

Ah, fair enough.

I'm just a bit of a Capello-phile! I love the mystique and the nigh on, if not exact, 100% hit rate.
    He was first to inform us all on the Zak Whitbread deal too. No one at all can claim to have started that one.
    Should this one come true then I don't think Capello has got one wrong all summer?

Rice IV

I don't have a clue who that Whitbread chap is, but Capello's record speaks for itself, so there must be something in it.

Are we signing him?

removed user

We've signed that Polish guy now too

Long Serving Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tord Grip
    We've signed that Polish guy now too
    We'd apparently signed this fella a week or so ago.

Not been much on the OS about it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador Nipples
    I love Black Sax.
    So you're not racist afterall then!!!

Has the Polish Guy actually signed? Some people saying its a done deal but has anything been confirmed officially ??

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    He was first to inform us all on the Zak Whitbread deal too. No one at all can claim to have started that one.
    Should this one come true then I don't think Capello has got one wrong all summer?
    Just because Capello reports it doesn't mean he'll sign - nor does it mean Capello is wrong if he doesn't. It just means we've made an enquiry. It may never become public knowledge though.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC