Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Ipod Touch

Default Ipod Touch

Right it's my birthday coming up and I am after an iPod Touch. Is the biggest one they do 16GB at the moment ? Also My old iPod has around 3700 songs on it which were all on the iTunes on my old computer which has now been trashed, would there be any way of transferring the data from my old iPod to a new one, has anyone done this ? Or uploaded songs/data from their iPod to their LapTop / PC ect.
    Maybe this could be moved to Care in the community I'm not sure. Anyway help would be very much appreciated,
    thanks.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Ipod Touch

Ebay is the way forward if you want a cheap one. My 16GB one cost £150.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    Ebay is the way forward if you want a cheap one. My 16GB one cost £150.
    Just had a look in Argos, and it says a 16GB will hold 3500 songs, and I have more than that.
    Took your advice and i've had a look on ebay at a 32GB and they are £245 with £15 P&P from USA, are these compatible over here ? And how safe + Secure would it be purchacing one ?

winnits

Should be compatible.

There is software that you can use to get tracks off your ipod again, I think.

If you, once you have them back in iTunes, use iTunes to convert all your songs to AAC files at a lower bitrate you'll easily fit your collection onto a 16gb touch.

Hmm, well I've spent the last half hour trawling through feedback, I could get it from USA for around £260 with pastage, or from the UK for £270 with postage. Might get it through the UK ... Stratty do you have the name of the seller you baught from ? If I get a 32 I can fill it with enough shite anyway. Would have thought iTunes would have create a programme to upload songs from iPods by now though, I don't get on with BitTorrent and tihngs like that.

winnits

Apple are more than capable of doing that; but it would facilitate music copying much more easily which is why they don't do it.

winnits

Speaking of iPhones and Touches... I've just made a custom icon for the forum - so if you add a bookmark to your homescreen you should get it

Well with me being a pessimist and not quite trusting Ebay, I think I will get one from John Lewis. With my 12% discount I can get £40 off and get it for £289. Just got to see if they have them in stock now.

You need a programme called EphPod. It will transfer songs off your Ipod for you. Sorry I can't help more, it's years since I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by turnip
    You need a programme called EphPod. It will transfer songs off your Ipod for you. Sorry I can't help more, it's years since I did it.
    Right downloaded it ... can you not remember much else ? There is something called 'Rebuild DB from iPod'... Well i've clicked that, we shall see what happens in a few minutes.

Hmmm appears to be uploading all the sngs off my Laptop onto my iPod.

If I was to plug both iPods into my laptop at the same time can drag and drop be used ? Has anyone tried this ? argh its wrecking my head and I haven't even got the thing yet !

winnits

Not with iTunes... it's online designed to transfer music from computer to ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Not with iTunes... it's online designed to transfer music from computer to ipod.
    My mate found me a torrent and is downloading it for me ... with a key generator. Ta Daaaaaaa

Victor Meldrew

My wife got me to buy her an ipod and then asked me to fill it with songs from my PC. This ended with me screaming at my PC and hitting the monitor in rage. The whole thing is designed to try and make you pay for songs from the Ipod site. It is completely infuriating. Having just reached the wrong side of 45, from being really good with new technologies, I suddenly find that they are becoming beyond me. I have mates who are in their early twenties and they send pictures from their phones to my bebo site.

The first records I listened to played at 78rpm. I remember being shocked at the sophistication of a polaroid camera. Our first Video Recorder was an absolute revelation.

Apple are notorious for stifling user creativity, everything is locked down so you have to do things the Apple way.

It's the same principle as the rats maze that Ikea has -which is why I refuse to enter the places.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

winnits

Once you learn the shortcuts in Ikea it's not so bad

I used to feel quite strongly about Apple's stifling of customisation, but as I've got older I'm less interested in that anyway; although having unlocked my old iPhone in preparation for rehoming it, I will probably unlock my new one for customisation when there's a stable jailbreak/unlock script

Speaking of iPhones and Touches... I've just made a custom icon for the forum - so if you add a bookmark to your homescreen you should get it
    Ive had a forest tree icon for about 18 months now

winnits

That's the favicon.ico - iPhones/Touches use something slightly different

So you have, looks a bit squashed together though.

That's the favicon.ico - iPhones/Touches use something slightly different
    ah, I understand now, I thought you meant something else

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    So you have, looks a bit squashed together though.
    Yes, it is a bit stretched (from Alex's version on the 'New Logo..' thread - it was a five minute job, I'll do a proper one once the forum is all pretty and rebranded.

Yes, it is a bit stretched (from Alex's version on the 'New Logo..' thread - it was a five minute job, I'll do a proper one once the forum is all pretty and rebranded.
    I do hope so, it has been relegated to the second page.

winnits

lol

I was only playing to see if it actually worked, now I know it does I shall ensure I replace it with something worthy of your front page :P

lol

I was only playing to see if it actually worked, now I know it does I shall ensure I replace it with something worthy of your front page :P
    Air Hockey is currently the app you are aiming to knock off.