Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Is play-offs failure?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 36.00%
  • No

    26 52.00%
  • unsure

    6 12.00%
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Failure???

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,292

    Default Failure???

    From what I've seen in the pst few weeks many are feeling play-offs is a failure, all I can say is how? It remains our hopes and ambitions of promotion and when many would be grateful for CC's work to get us in sucha strong position many of our fans have thrown it back in his face with boos and chants. This is the reason we cannot hold down a manager because of the amount of UNNECESSARY pressure coming with the job from fans. I have every confidence in CC and the squad and I'm backing him to take us to the premiership. COME ON U REDZ!!!

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Kier
    Guest

    Default Re: Failure???

    If we don't go up then it is a failure.

    If we do then it's a success, simple as that.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,292

    Default Re: Failure???

    Quote Originally Posted by Kier
    If we don't go up then it is a failure.

    If we do then it's a success, simple as that.
    Yes but surely a top six finish is a great sucsess in the 1st year


  5. #4
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Failure???

    Nope. The stated aim of the club and Calderwood was to get promoted automatically. In this they have failed.

    The only way this season can be salvaged will be through winning the playoffs. Anything other than getting out of League One is a failure in my book.

    I will concede that going up via the playoffs will be a much more memorable and glorious way to do it than finishing first or second - but obviously there's the very real chance it will end in failure too.

    Promotion or bust, given the playoffs are yet to take place, it is impossible to answer this poll.


  6. #5

    Default Re: Failure???

    If someone would have said at the beginning of the season that we'd finish 4th and have a chance of going up via the play-offs then i think we'd have took it, however after the great start we made and at one point being 7 pts clear it's a bit disapointing to finish were we have but we'll still in with a chance.

    Bring on Yeovil cause i believe we'll beat them over 2 legs and then go on to win at Wembley whoever we play.

    Keep the Faith were going up via the play-offs.

    COME ON U REDS !!!! *COME ON U REDS !!!


  7. #6
    Kier
    Guest

    Default Re: Failure???

    Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    Yes but surely a top six finish is a great sucsess in the 1st year
    No.

    What does it matter if we finish 4th or 12th if we don't go up we have still failed.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Notts/Oxford
    Posts
    5,135

    Default Re: Failure???

    It is a failure because we had the chance of securing the title and then blowing it, arguably, due to naivety/favourtism on the part of the manager.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: Failure???

    If I was told that we would finish in the play offs at the start of the season then I would have taken it so that in itself is not a failure.

    If we do not win the play off however then we would have failed our aim so the play offs itself would be a failure.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: Failure???

    I think we peaked to early in the season really gaining a 7 point lead in october it was only inevitable that we would be caught up but from a Managers point of view 4th in his first season in charge is a respectable position but us fans will be frustrated having to fight through the play-offs I'm sure we'll give the players great support though.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    16,083

    Default Re: Failure???

    Like teenage sex, we peaked prematurely but we've had time out and we'll finish on top with stamina and enthusiastic frantic energy which will end with smug satisfaction and a desire to take on the world.

    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,292

    Default Re: Failure???

    You cannot expect a manager to take forest to automatic promotion when 2 past managers have not finished above 4th in this league. If anything this is a sucsess. We've finished above the position we finished last year. How is that not an achievement?


  13. #12
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Failure???

    Only if we win the playoffs. This season, as with last season, was all about promotion - fail to deliver this and it's a failure, just as last season was, I'm afraid.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,510

    Default Re: Failure???

    Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    You cannot expect a manager to take forest to automatic promotion when 2 past managers have not finished above 4th in this league. If anything this is a sucsess. We've finished above the position we finished last year. How is that not an achievement?
    He chose to keep the bulk of the squad together, he chose not to strengthen further when he had the opportunity even by utilising more loans, he chose to let Southall go and did not replace him adequately ( don't say Prutton he should have been in addition to) and he allowed Harris to leave but then play against us.Key decisions. He allowed a team that was 7 points clear to stumble against the likes of Rotherham when our opponents buried them.

    Automatic promotion was success but 4th is failure. By the same token, winning the play-offs will be a success of sorts but does not match up to what could and should have been.Either way, lets put all such nonsense aside until our final fate is known.


  15. #14
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Re: Failure???

    in the playoff's in CC's first year in charge. Is is fuck a failure. It is the best finish for years and the most success we have had in years. He has brought great players to the club without upsetting the balance and wasting money. IMO he has been a great success this year. If we are here another season expect a top finish. It takes a while to gel a really good team together and we have only seen glimpses of that all season. If we don't win the playoff's then I wont be too dissapointed. Yes I remember the recent years but surely if we arent promoted it's because we weren't ready. I have seen in the last few games a new confidence and better technical play from the team. Chambers has been a fantastic influence at the back and I dont think it's a coincidence our defence has inproved since he arrived. OK we all want to see the team playing at the top as much as I do but I would rather us go up with confidence we will stay there rather than hanging around the bottom 4 this time next year. I still genuinely believe that CC will become a Forest legend in his own right but we need to keep him here rather than sack him because in his first year we didnt win promotion. I still think it's laughable that the prospect of sacking him a few months agoi would of helped. We have seen some poor excuses for managers at the club and now we have one with real talent and still some sections of the club want to hound him out.



    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom


  16. #15

    Default Re: Failure???

    The minimum requirement at the start of the season was the playoffs,Calderwood has achieved that,it will be a dissapointment if we don't win but I'm quite confident,especially of getting through Yeovil and we can get to wembley and win a one off game.If we do fail,then it really is automatic promotion or bust next season with no excuses but hopefully we won't have to discuss that.


  17. #16
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: Failure???

    Only Forest fans could class a top four finish as failure.


  18. #17
    Daniel
    Guest

    Default Re: Failure???

    Only at the end of the playoffs will it be a failure if we do not go up. Highest budget of all the teams, the best players, biggest crowds... Div 3 football should not be here next season.


  19. #18

    Default Re: Failure???

    Quote Originally Posted by Kier
    If we don't go up then it is a failure.

    If we do then it's a success, simple as that.
    Exactly. If we don't go up through the play-offs then this season will have been a disaster.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Failure???

    If someone told me that we would be in the top six and never drop out i would take it and were higher than last season so no its not a failure


  21. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Failure???

    Frankly we have improved this season, go up or stay down that is undeniably an improvement, so CC has a 100% record in improving our standing season on season. Long may that continue.


  22. #21

    Default Re: Failure???

    Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    Yes but surely a top six finish is a great success in the 1st year
    Another classic example of an utterly pathetic statement!

    Top 6

    Oh Christ, please help me!




  23. #22
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Re: Failure???

    I fully feel that you are entitled to your own opinion Kilburn and I respect that. However, you allmost seem offended when people say the opposite to you. Then you are quite happy to take the piss out of anyone else's opinion. I stuck up for you the other day even though I don't believe in what you say.

    However with comments like that you really show yourself as a 12 year old schoolboy who has to be right or throws a tantrum. Why when so many say good things about you do you have to drop to this level


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,803

    Default Re: Failure???

    Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    I fully feel that you are entitled to your own opinion Kilburn and I respect that. However, you allmost seem offended when people say the opposite to you. Then you are quite happy to take the piss out of anyone else's opinion. I stuck up for you the other day even though I don't believe in what you say.

    However with comments like that you really show yourself as a 12 year old schoolboy who has to be right or throws a tantrum. Why when so many say good things about you do you have to drop to this level
    I do agree with Freiro here, i just start to think you are a reasonable bloke then you go out and say something like this which just ruins any credibility you have.


  25. #24
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Re: Failure???

    I'll add that it's not just Mouldy's post. It seems most with an opposite opinion become targets. Maybe you wouldn't get this kind of thing if you showed a bit more respect to others opinions rather than just your own !


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •