Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luton..

Default Luton..

Luton Town face the prospect of starting next season on minus 30 points after a ruling by the Football League.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/7500435.stm
    Ouch!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Luton..

Shiiiit!

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    Ouch!
    Indeed.

Perhaps Leeds fans will now count themselves lucky?

Or more likely there'll be 'Real League Tables' and appeals in Luton next season...

Rice 13

Thats really horibble that someone can run a business like that then fuck off with no penalty imposed on themselves.

Now the fans are getting punished for loving a football club.

Seems as though they will now be relegated to the confrence, after only playing championship football the season before last.

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns
    Thats really horibble that someone can run a business like that then f**k off with no penalty imposed on themselves.

Seems as though they will now be relegated to the confrence, after only playing championship football the season before last.
    seems somewhat pointless to me

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns
    Thats really horibble that someone can run a business like that then fuck off with no penalty imposed on themselves.

Indeed the system is very flawed at the moment.Inprisonment for the personalle involved would be a much suitable punishment.But as things stand Luton sadly won't be the last club to face hefty punishments similar whilst the premiership sides get richer and richer from TV revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    Indeed the system is very flawed at the moment.Inprisonment for the personalle involved would be a much suitable punishment.But as things stand Luton sadly won't be the last club to face hefty punishments similar whilst the premiership sides get richer and richer from TV revenue.
    Pure greed.

Victor Meldrew

That does seem harsh. Luton were once a big club - Eric Morecambe's team. Couldn't Leeds take some of the points reduction instead?

The sad thing is there utterly broke as well... don't think they will be returning from the inevitable non-league drop for a long long time.

I feel sorry for the fans and all of the staff there.

R.I.P Luton Town.

Bet Leeds are jealous.

They revel in having something to whine about.

Rice 13

This really irks me.

I really do feel sorry for Luton fans. Seems as though the have been right royally screwed over by some tossers that dont give a damn about anything other than lining their own pockets.

Do these people realise that a football club is more than a business, its something which people spend thier hard earned money following. Then someone comes along takes the club to the brink of bankruptcy then walks away unscathed.

I feel sorry for any clubs fans that gets screwed over like this, that even includes Leeds fans.

the fuckall league and the fuckall assocation are a disgrace. i bet these 3rd party payments are happening all over the place,, especially in the prem, but i bet they wont do owt about that,,, much easier to pick on the small guys hey.

Living the dream

The battle Leeds gave the FA led to this.

winnits

The evils of Les-dar lead to this.

Surely they have to appeal. It always happen to Luton, nobody else.

They will be relegated by Christmas I think. They just don't have the players or resilience, like Leeds, to come back against this.

It's all over for them.

yam

The 20-point additional penalty related to the club's inability to agree a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) to exit administration

Isn't this what Leeds were hammered for last season? If so why did Leeds get 15 points and Luton get 20?

Doesn't seem that long ago when we were playing Luton in the Littlewoods cup final. I really feel sorry for their fans.

I don't care for Luton.
    A right tin pot club, that has been run awfully, and it seems they have broken all the rules in the book.

I for one think its time these penalties were imposed, and i'm glad that we'll never play them again.

Rice IV

Their treatment of Mike Newell when he decided to speak out against lecherous agents taking money out of the game makes me have little sympathy for Luton.

Talk to me, Goose.

It'd be interesting to see whether Luton voted for or against Leeds' 15 point deduction last season..30 points seems so harsh, they need 10 wins just to get to 0! That could take until New Year! A tough future in store for The Hatters.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Their treatment of Mike Newell when he decided to speak out against lecherous agents taking money out of the game makes me have little sympathy for Luton.
    Mike Newell's comments about the role of women in today's game were hilarious

30 points break down:

Deducted ten points for breaking rules on agent payments.
    Deducted fifteen points for the CVA breach.
    Deducted five points as a bonus if you will, for entering administration three times in ten years.

I feel sorry for the Luton fans, but lets be fair; the club have lied and cheated their way in recent years and the penalties aren't on the back of nothing.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    Luton Town face the prospect of starting next season on minus 30 points after a ruling by the Football League.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/7500435.stm
    Ouch!
    Why not just relegate them?

Unless they have an absolute monster start, it just subjects the fans to watching a season of utterly pointless football.