Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: NIgel Jemson back in work

Default NIgel Jemson back in work

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/loca...Jem.4274123.jp

Nigel is a real Jem - Boss hails assistant

JIM Vince is expecting his link up with Nigel Jemson to work well for FC Halifax Town in their first season in the Unibond League Division One North.
    The new Shay boss has brought in the former Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday frontman as his number two.

Vince is clearly excited at the prospect of working with his new assistant, a man he knows well.

And the signs are that the club's fans are in for a treat with two attack minded men at the helm.

"Nigel is a good friend," said Vince "And I know the way he wants his teams to play.

"He will support and complement my vision of what I want to achieve at the club.

"Whenever I have taken my team to play Nigel's, his side has always played good football."

Jemson was manager at Ilkeston for three years until departing at the end of last season.

But despite approaching his 39th birthday, he will be a part of Vince's playing squad as well as the management team.

"He will register as cover when needed," said Vince, who is still tying down players for his new squad. "And there will be five subs in the league this season anyway."

Last season, Unibond League sides could select from just three substitutes in league matches.

But they have now fallen into line with teams further up the pyramid in having five.

Vince is in favour of the updated ruling and also hinted at the fact that he could require two senior keepers for the coming campaign.

"I am all for it," he said. "It keeps more of the squad included and allows greater flexibility.

"With three subs you didn't really need to have a sub keeper either."