Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Average Attendance 09/10

Default Average Attendance 09/10

Never mind the Leicester Chairman this really rankles me!! I know there's the two football club city argument but we really do need to start building on our 21,000 gates! Incentives? good or bad? Should every game be kids for quid? Free tickets? Buy an adult ST get a kids free? Better parking? Free buses?

Foxes aim to outdo Rams fans
    Saturday 20 June 2009

Leicester City are hoping to challenge East Midlands rivals Derby County’s title as best supported club in the region.

The Rams topped the attendances chart in the Championship last season with an average gate of 29,440.

Leicester averaged 20,233 in League One last season but Foxes chief executive Lee Hoos has called on the fans to boost that figure following the club’s promotion back to the Championship.

“I would really love us to emulate Derby,” said Hoos. "They have a reputation as the best supported club and that rankles with me.

"They have the same-sized stadium and had 29,000 in the ground every week and I would love to see our average capacity up there.

"It is close to 21,000 now and it is a goal to be better supported than Derby.

“We’d love full houses every week, as we had against Scunthorpe at the end of last season. We want to replicate that great atmosphere in every game.”

Derby’s arch rivals Nottingham Forest averaged 22,299 at home last season.

The Rams are hoping to push their average attendance back up over 30,000 in 2009-10, and have already sold 22,000 season tickets ahead of the new campaign, which starts with a home game against Peterborough United on August 8

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Average Attendance 09/10

Derby's attendance was so high last season simply because of all the freebies fans were given last year such as free season tickets with mobile phone contracts so it's hardly a fair comparison.

Second of all, we averaged the same as Leicester just about when we were in League 1 and last of all, our attendance will be a lot higher if Forest for a change do well in the summer transfer market and fans can be hopeful of a decent season. On the other hand, if we don't sign the likes of Blackstock, Gunter and Anderson then I can't see the crowds improving!

Senior Member?

Apparently we've sold more ST than this time last year, which is good.

Hopefully we can get an average of around 25,000 in 09/10 season

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall#77

I too hope we average late 20's but it is impossible to sell more season tickets until they go on general sale. It's not a particularly helpful indicator to say people have renewed slightly earlier than last season. Until tickets go on general sale we will actually have sold less due to a certain amount (be it minimal) not renewing. If the new sponsor is EON then I wouldn't bet against changing energy providers to EON (on an 18 month contract) and get a free ST. Maybe not this season but next!!! (If you're EON then change to British Gas for a bit ha ha)

JOIN ME

no chance our fans are shite

Victor Meldrew

I checked in the stars. It will be 23,476. After a good cup run beginning at White Hart Lane.

I reckon it will be a bit higher this year.

Billy Davies is gonna be less unpopular than Calderwood, and I reckon we'll win more matches which will push crowds higher.
    Plus we'll have more fans come along for matches like Newcastle, Leicester and West Brom.

I'd say it will be around 24,000 next season

Senior Member?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks
    I too hope we average late 20's but it is impossible to sell more season tickets until they go on general sale. It's not a particularly helpful indicator to say people have renewed slightly earlier than last season. Until tickets go on general sale we will actually have sold less due to a certain amount (be it minimal) not renewing. If the new sponsor is EON then I wouldn't bet against changing energy providers to EON (on an 18 month contract) and get a free ST. Maybe not this season but next!!! (If you're EON then change to British Gas for a bit ha ha)
    Oh yeah, dunno why someone told me that then. Maybe he ment people are renewing faster then..

[img width=512 height=384]http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc340/funnyroadsigns/stacking/stacking5.jpg[/img]

Someone needs to be thinking outside the box. The Sheep have been (as far as we can work out), very creative with their persuasiveness. They will all deny it but it does seem that quite a lot of their fans paid 'bargain' prices last season. So, if you do it once, can you count on those fans to pay full price the next year? Perhaps we can get house-developers to throw in a couple of season tickets if people buy their new houses? We have two huge universities here in Nottm. Can't we offer all sorts of cheap deals to the students? We need to HOOK people then give them an experience that will make them want more (full price, of course). What can we offer? It's up to the club - we need to get our sexy signings (possibly these are already to be unveiled when ist of July comes). And, dare I say it? A new stadium (one day) will give our attendances a huge boost. There is always a 'new stadium factor'. Make sure this goes hand-in-hand with a good team and with financial stability, we could easily get 30+ thousand - honest. I love the City Ground but if we really want to move on as a club, we need big facilities. I know there are some who will insist that we won't get more than 20 odd thousand so what's the point in moving? Well, how do we know? Sometimes, if you don't try, you will never know. Are we really saying that The Sheep and Fester are so much better supported than us that nothing will make any difference? If you are, we may as well give up now and prepare for life in the slow lane. Look at the so-called small clubs in the Prem - All bursting with ambition and preparing to expand their grounds.

The Nottingham public are fickle as regards football. I remember only 25000 turning up to see two time European Champs play CSKA to defend our title.

Some loyalty discount would help season ticket renewals for us loyals. Im just a sucker and keep renewing anyway!
    Come on you Reds....

Thye will come out of the woodwork when we have success again in cups etc

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN
    Someone needs to be thinking outside the box. The Sheep have been (as far as we can work out), very creative with their persuasiveness. They will all deny it but it does seem that quite a lot of their fans paid 'bargain' prices last season. So, if you do it once, can you count on those fans to pay full price the next year? Perhaps we can get house-developers to throw in a couple of season tickets if people buy their new houses? We have two huge universities here in Nottm. Can't we offer all sorts of cheap deals to the students? We need to HOOK people then give them an experience that will make them want more (full price, of course). What can we offer? It's up to the club - we need to get our sexy signings (possibly these are already to be unveiled when ist of July comes). And, dare I say it? A new stadium (one day) will give our attendances a huge boost. There is always a 'new stadium factor'. Make sure this goes hand-in-hand with a good team and with financial stability, we could easily get 30+ thousand - honest. I love the City Ground but if we really want to move on as a club, we need big facilities. I know there are some who will insist that we won't get more than 20 odd thousand so what's the point in moving? Well, how do we know? Sometimes, if you don't try, you will never know. Are we really saying that The Sheep and Fester are so much better supported than us that nothing will make any difference? If you are, we may as well give up now and prepare for life in the slow lane. Look at the so-called small clubs in the Prem - All bursting with ambition and preparing to expand their grounds.

Hang on a minute, let's try and fill the stadium we have at the moment instead of assuming we'd be able to fill a 50,000 seater stadium!

yeah would love to see 25/26,000 every week

Forest have always been really badly run and really don't seem to have a clue when it comes to generating season ticket sales, pricing policies etc.. Derby know how to get fans in the ground whether that makes them more money or not remains to be seen.

JOIN ME

got this off a fester website

2002/2003 Season average attendance stats

Leicester - 29,230
    Derby - 25,469
    Forest - 24,436

2003/2004

Forest - 24,752
    Derby - 22,199

2004/2005

Derby - 25,219
    Leicester - 24,136
    Forest - 23,652

2005/2006

Derby - 24,165
    Leicester - 22,233
    Forest (League 1) - 20,257

2006/2007

Derby - 25,944
    Leicester - 23,205
    Forest (League 1) - 20,617

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall#77

As an ardent fan with a 99% attendant record at the CG for many seasons now I hope you are right.

I like the atmosphere of a big crowd especially at a midweek game.

The OS announced that there has been a 15% increase in the number of ST sales compared to this time last season but I'm starting to wonder whether this is in anticipation of all the so called signings we are supposed to be making.

15% on top of last years average would boost us from 22,300 to 25,645 which would be great but if we was to see the majority of the new targets signed up within the next couple of weeks I suppose we could well see an increase touching 27/28,000.

If Doughty sanctions these big money signings and shows us his intentions then the returns will come back through the increased gates and with a return to the Premiership it wouldn't take him long to recoup a large slice off of what he has loaned the club.

This is not rocket science Mr Doughty so pull your finger out and give us supporters what we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooijdonks Son
    got this off a fester website

2002/2003 Season average attendance stats

Leicester - 29,230
    Derby - 25,469
    Forest - 24,436

2003/2004

Forest - 24,752
    Derby - 22,199

2004/2005

Derby - 25,219
    Leicester - 24,136
    Forest - 23,652

2005/2006

Derby - 24,165
    Leicester - 22,233
    Forest (League 1) - 20,257

2006/2007

Derby - 25,944
    Leicester - 23,205
    Forest (League 1) - 20,617
    Those figures, combined with last season's attendances, speaks volumes for what a bit of innovation and a bit of effort can do from a club's Board.

The problem as I see it is that even if Derby gave away 2,000 tickets a match, they might pick up the "floating voters" that reside between the two cities. Just having a look at two significant stats - when Derby lost 3-2 to Wolves this season in what was, by all accounts, a thriller, there were 33,079 in the dip. When we beat Brizzle 3-2 in what was a thriller, there were 22,776 in the CG. That's almost 10,000 people who might go back to the dip instead of us attracting them into the CG, freebies or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital Girl
    Those figures, combined with last season's attendances, speaks volumes for what a bit of innovation and a bit of effort can do from a club's Board.

The problem as I see it is that even if Derby gave away 2,000 tickets a match, they might pick up the "floating voters" that reside between the two cities. Just having a look at two significant stats - when Derby lost 3-2 to Wolves this season in what was, by all accounts, a thriller, there were 33,079 in the dip. When we beat Brizzle 3-2 in what was a thriller, there were 22,776 in the CG. That's almost 10,000 people who might go back to the dip instead of us attracting them into the CG, freebies or not.
    Those 2,000 extra bodies even if they got in on a "freebie" would more than likely spend some money at the club so if they only spent £1:00 at evey home game it would produce £46,000 per season in extra revenue, at a fiver per game they would be looking at 230k. Just a thought.

Im sorry but Leicester City even though they ran away with league one struggled to match our average attendance in our last season in league One. We have a far more loyal hardcore who despite 3 seasons in the 3rd division kept turning out. So sorry I don't accepyt that we're fickle. Plus its been 10 years since we were were last in the Top Flight both Leicester and Derby have had far more recent spells their, the latter especially are still reaping the benifits from that. if Forest got in the Prem you could probably gaurantee an extra 5k straight away as thats how it works today. I accept the argument about our gates in the 80s but other factors played a part then like hooliganism nowadays a new breed of fan is just waiting to jump on any potential Forest premiership bandwagon.

Mandaric is obviously worried because if you look at a lot of their fans site they are moaning about prices for next season.

Rice IV

That assumes that the money people spend at the game goes to the club. Derby clearly have a lot of third party vendors, who will be paying a fixed price, or a price dependant on average gates.

Talk to me, Goose.

Derby will have really good attendances next season, just because of the Clough factor if nothing else.

Look at figures for how many we take away; our lowest was around 950 to Preston.
    Derby took less than that on several occasions; just 500 of them went down to Swansea.

I reckon Leicester will have bigger attendances than us too; being promoted as champions will bring all their fair-weather fans out of the woodwork

nakkernino del clusto

Quote Originally Posted by Capital Girl

When we beat Brizzle 3-2 in what was a thriller, there were 22,776 in the CG. That's almost 10,000 people who might go back to the dip instead of us attracting them into the CG, freebies or not.
    I think 10,000 left when we went down 1-2, scarred for life

Quote Originally Posted by Rich.
    That assumes that the money people spend at the game goes to the club. Derby clearly have a lot of third party vendors, who will be paying a fixed price, or a price dependant on average gates.
    Maybe, but I was thinking more of those that spend in the club shop not your hot-dog or tea vans etc.

This is only an example but fathers who take their sons for the first time etc. are apt to by them a scarf one week followed by a shirt and once they're hooked they will invariably grow up to be tomorrows supporters and ST holders and this is because they was introduced to the club on a "Freebie"

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scab
    Look at figures for how many we take away; our lowest was around 950 to Preston.
    Derby took less than that on several occasions; just 500 of them went down to Swansea.
    Last seasons average away attendance's:

Nottm Forest....1942.0
    Derby County........1629.3

Only Sheff Utd and Wolves were above us.

Derby have done brilliantly to retain their 'Premiership' fans. Like everyone else they had a massive surge of 'new' fans turn up upon promotion but unlike most clubs they've kept hold of virtually all of them despite a laughable relegation.

Forest' poor attendances are down to a delivery of a poor product for the last ten years, simple.

Until this club returns the Premiership it will always attract no more than 23,000 average. The only way to get 28,000+ in the CG every home game would be if a) we were challenging right at the top winning every game b) doing it in style, which we haven't been doing for nearly a generation and c) in the Premiership and finally d) by reducing the cost of a ticket in line with going to the cinema.

People are dreaming at the club if they think they can get over 25,000 average simply by `whipping` up the usual nonesense every year by saying `season tickets are selling faster this year than they did for the same day last year" and "exciting times" blah blah blah or by buying some two-bit `won't be` footballers like the ones currently being linked to the club.

The club is just going to have to face facts they have been running an appalling show for ten years!