Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: 3rd and final bid... Paul McKenna

Default 3rd and final bid... Paul McKenna

I think its in today's sun. it says Nottingham Forest manager billy davies is ready to put a 3rd and final bid of 750k for Paul McKenna.

Anyone starting to feel we wont get him?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not famous anymore!!
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Re: 3rd and final bid... Paul McKenna

We need an out and out captain.. yes That is the only trait he will bring to the club with him. I think we have better players for that position, Cohen and McGugan and possibly Moussi but we do need a captain and he plays that holding role really well.

We need to ask ourselves how many years will we get out of him before he doesnt have the legs to play this level anymore 2/3?

Quote Originally Posted by *Dave, Red Dog* Banished from 606
    We need an out and out captain.. yes That is the only trait he will bring to the club with him. I think we have better players for that position, Cohen and McGugan and possibly Moussi but we do need a captain and he plays that holding role really well.

We need to ask ourselves how many years will we get out of him before he doesnt have the legs to play this level anymore 2/3?
    So do you not think that £750k for a player that will knit the team together and be that missing cog we've needed for ages, is money well spent, even if it is only for 2 to 3 years?

I believe that to be succesful in this division, you need a player like aMcKenna!

If we got him for that then great. I don't see why they'd sell though, it's not much in todays money is it.

Quote Originally Posted by *Dave, Red Dog* Banished from 606

Jon Parkin, who plays upfront for Preston, is a friend of mine and says that McKenna's legs have ALREADY gone.

We'd be best splashing out on someone else who would be more of an investment - especially if Moussi is fit next season!

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer
    Jon Parkin, who plays upfront for Preston, is a friend of mine and says that McKenna's legs have ALREADY gone.

We'd be best splashing out on someone else who would be more of an investment - especially if Moussi is fit next season!
    And that's coming from the biggest tubbster in world football!

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler
    And that's coming from the biggest tubbster in world football!
    Erm I think you're missing out one Mr. McCommons!

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer
    Nice thing to say about your team mate!

Nah, Parkin defo wins that award..
    [img width=176 height=227]http://footballtalentspotter.com/contentimages/player/Jon-parkin.JPG[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by ForestNo10
    I think its in today's sun. it says Nottingham Forest manager billy davies is ready to put a 3rd and final bid of 750k for Paul McKenna.

Anyone starting to feel we wont get him?
    With our wonderous Acquisition Panel, I knew we'd never get him!

McKenna sounds like he'd be a decent signing but not one that I'd want to pay over the odds for. If BD thinks he's worth £750k then I wouldn't want to see us go higher, especially as he will give us 2-3 years maximum.

we do need him, to bring the team together and push for promotion any money, and any time he is here doesnt matter .. up to a point

I think he'd be alright but tbh there must be other players out there equal / better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982
    I think he'd be alright but tbh there must be other players out there equal / better than him.

I'm sure there are but Billy Davies won't know of them , he knows McKenna and what he brings so he goes for the tried and tested.

JOIN ME

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99
    I'm sure there are but Billy Davies won't know of them , he knows McKenna and what he brings so he goes for the tried and tested.
    according to billy davies all he did when he was out of work was lie on his bean bag watching his 'football' collection.....

this guy is a fricking sick pervert

Fingers crossed Alan Irvine goes off to West Brom may make it abit easier for us to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn^
    Fingers crossed Alan Irvine goes off to West Brom may make it abit easier for us to get him.
    I hope we sign him before Alan Irvine go to west brom...if he go to west brom before he comes...think we'll miss out on Mckenna.

Phone rings....hi this is alan irvine im new west brom manager.

McKenna.....I no you are but im about to join forest..

Alan irvine....how about coming to west brom on xx wages...

mckenna....ok then.

As Lee Williamson has joined Sheffield United from Championship rivals Watford for an undisclosed fee will that mean we now deff wont get Mckenna, as he was the man the fans thought would replace him after the successful loan he had there last season. Plus, thought because he is a dynamic sort of midfielder who can play centrally or wide and he gets box to boxm we should have also been in the hunt for his signature!