Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season fixtures

Default Season fixtures

Well its that time of year & I can hardly wait, official there out weds about 10ish, but we should get the first 2 or 3 leaked by papers probably tues. I hope we get somebody away sheff wed not newcastle because it will end live on sky. Should also get the carling cup draw tues I think. Whats everybody else fancy fixture wise?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member?

Default Re: Season fixtures

I always like the first and last game of the season to be at Home. Lets start with an easy one: Peterborough at Home.

After that I don't mind but I hope we play Derby at Home first not away like last year.

Carling Cup: Burton Albion at Home please.

Who cares Anyway...?

I hope we're away first game because I'll be in Majorca. One of the teams who've just come down would be good as there's a chance it would be on the box.

I think by the time they're announced we'll have enough threads on here about it for each fixture to have it's own thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletc...te.html#097608 - interesting stuff, mind puzzling though

Quote Originally Posted by Sekudu
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletc...te.html#097608 - interesting stuff, mind puzzling though
    10 midweek fixtures! Looks like 'the Duchess' is going to be clocking up a few miles this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekudu
    I quite enjoyed the comment by the spurs fan at the end of it.

Well after 4 home fixtures in 17 seasons for spurs on opening day lets hope the "random" computer manages to give us a home game this year.
    Did he even read the bloody article

He also manually creates the fixtures for Boxing Day and 28 December to try to minimise the travelling distance for fans. As Thompson readily admits, the computer has no concept of the distance between grounds.
    Derby away boxing day anyone?

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tee-Tee-Teessider
    Derby away boxing day anyone?
    That's the kind of thing that USED to happen, and the sort of fixture that SHOULD happen. There's no ******g public transport on a Bank Holiday...it's the only sensible thing to play a local team on one of those days.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman.
    That's the kind of thing that USED to happen, and the sort of fixture that SHOULD happen. There's no ******g public transport on a Bank Holiday...it's the only sensible thing to play a local team on one of those days.
    I think we'll get one of the Sheffield teams on Boxing Day. For some reason we always seemed to get Norwich even though it's forever away.

I think the reasoning behind us not getting Derby on Boxing Day is...

1) Boxing Day always gets a good crowd so you wouldn't use up a local derby which would sell out regardless of when it was played
    2) The police would object to having to roster loads of coppers on

Our midweek fixtures last season involved:

Preston, Sheffield Weds, Crystal Palace, Doncaster, Ipswich, Watford - AWAY

and

Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Sheffield Utd, Preston - HOME

with Sheffield Utd away on Easter Monday, Doncaster at home on Boxing Day and Norwich away on the 28th December

It didn't work out too badly but Preston and Ipswich are both a bit of a trek on a Tuesday

as long as Newcastle away is not midweek

Quote Originally Posted by bicknell
    Yup, same here! Also want Boro away at the weekend too. My mate's a Boro fan and is going to Teeside Uni in September, so plan is we crash at his for the weekend! He goes at the end of September though, so any time after then please.

Quote Originally Posted by bicknell
    The thing with Newcastle (and likewise Middlesbrough and Plymouth) is it's a long journey for almost everyone. As a midlands team, I wouldn't be suprised to see midweek trips to St James, Riverside and Home Park on the list, basically because someone has to do it.

Plymouth away is a minimum 2 hour journey from every other club in the league, and they can't play Bristol City every week

I think they try and do it the fairest way, so everyone has 1 or 2 long trips, but noone has too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Em Jay**

Plymouth away is a minimum 2 hour journey from every other club in the league, and they can't play Bristol City every week
    Blimey. How long did it take in the days before the Channel Tunnel?

It's usually one of the promoted teams againest one of the big relegated teams for the first game. so Newcastle and Peterbough proberly be againest each other to run it into the toon.

Forest will proberly get someone like coventry first game.

I think everyone looks for who we got first, last, boxing day and the game nearest to your birthday for a decent day/night out

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    Yup, same here! Also want Boro away at the weekend too. My mate's a Boro fan and is going to Teeside Uni in September, so plan is we crash at his for the weekend! He goes at the end of September though, so any time after then please.
    Im hoping for that aswell. Im at Teesside Uni at the mo, and im having my mates up for a weekend long bender when we play boro n newcastle. I had them up last year when we played Hartlepool at the end of the season, had a quality weekend!

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

well considering i have work on the 8th till noon i'm hoping that either, we're away, or the game will not be bought forward to twelve so the coppers can have there doughnuts, unless ofcourse i'm sick?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

I'm in France and don't get back until late on 15th - so hopefully we've got someone boring on the opening day & we're away at L'Argyle on 15th so I can go to the game before getting the ferry back home.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

No wonder my post count..

I feel bad for plymouth fans travelling to Newcastle - my lord, what a journey.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by forestBolton
    I feel bad for plymouth fans travelling to Newcastle - my lord, what a journey.
    What makes it worse is that they end up back in Plymouth at the end of the round trip as well.

Scandalous and Shameless

I can't wait for the fixtures to come out.

Have no real preferences apart from that I hope the games on 12th September, 26th September, 12th December and 13th March are away games at grounds that I have been to before as I have friends and family commitments on those days that I can't get out of.

Missed 4 home games last season for the same reasons and I want to get my money's worth this season!

I only have 1 Saturday i cant make - October 24th. My sister has decided to get married at 3pm on a saturday during the football season - how fucking selfish! (she's marrying a bloody d*rby fan as well to make things worse!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    I only have 1 Saturday i cant make - October 24th. My sister has decided to get married at 3pm on a saturday during the football season - how f**king selfish! (she's marrying a b****y d*rby fan as well to make things worse!)
    Don't go

Is it the same case this year that we can't publish the fixture list when it comes out?