Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On SSN this morning...

Default On SSN this morning...

As I lay in my sick bed, I was watching SSN where Coleman was talking about the relegation threat of last year.

He said it could happen to any big clubs then used Nottingham Forest as an example!!!

In all honesty I do not know whether we are a "big club" or not but when an opposition manager says it who is to argue!?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: On SSN this morning...

Us, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday will be cited forever more whenever the "too big to do down" argument rears it's head.

Not Leicester though, they're just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    Us, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday will be cited forever more whenever the "too big to do down" argument rears it's head.

Man City too.

I belong to nobody!!!

I like Chris Coleman. Even more so now lol

Coleman is a ****!

We obviously weren't big enough to go down, never mind we will get promoted this season and become a "Big team" again. Just like, Bolton, Wigan, Stoke and Hull.

Not Leicester though, they're just s**t.
    He included Sheffield Wednesday because they were also on the verge of it. No mention about Leicster or Leeds though

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    He included Sheffield Wednesday because they were also on the verge of it. No mention about Leicster or Leeds though
    They're both small part clubs. Not worth mentioning. Who needs to know the Leeds score now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    Who needs to know the Leeds score now.

I'm still curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan

I'm still curious about it.
    They lost.

The end.

Belle

They're all too big to go down, and we'll always be too small to go up

Must be boring supporting a team thats not in either of those categories!

Quote Originally Posted by Belle

Must be boring supporting a team thats not in either of those categories!
    Not really, who knows what they might do?!

Miserable bastard

If Hull can do it and Bristol Rovers can nearly do it, then no-one is too small. Apart from Yeovil.

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red
    If Hull can do it and Bristol Rovers can nearly do it, then no-one is too small. Apart from Yeovil.
    bristol rovers have got promoted once, Yeovil have got promoted twice

Miserable bastard

bristol rovers have got promoted once, Yeovil have got promoted twice*
    I meant to get to the Premier League...

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red
    I meant to get to the Premier League...
    Oh right Yeovil always beat us

i don't think we'd every personally get to the premiership.

To forest, it's still not where you belong this league, to us, its amazing.

Miserable bastard

To forest, it's still not where you belong this league, to us, its amazing.
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. Yes we have a history that seems to suggest we should be top flight, but in terms of our infrastructure, support and funding I think we are where we belong now.

Maybe the years in League One have lowered my expectations, but I don't see us returning to the Premier League any time soon.

Rice IV

Teams don't belong in a league owing to their size.

In terms of size, we're still one of only 4 teams in this country to win the ultimate cup.

We've also had the highest Premiership finish at the first attempt, and our highest Premiership finish can only be bettered by Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, and Blackburn. (I don't think liverpool have ever finished above 3rd in the Premierleague)

Whilst we have had a long drawn out fall from grace, we are now on the ascendancy, and can be used as an example of what can happen to a big team if only a few factors conspire against them.

The Premiership is a different place now, though. It's split into 3 distinct categories. Big 4, Europe challenging, and relegation battling.

The Championship is a much more level playing field, teams are much closer together in terms of money and ability and as such, it is possibly the most competitive league in the world.

It also has the biggest cash prize in the world, and often the playoff final is cited as the richest game in the world.

I'm confident that we, a newly promoted team with a few quid to spend, can mount a serious challenge.

The downside of that would be that if we were to be promoted, the chances are we would be in for a season of spankings from the established teams. The gulf is massive, and the £60m doesn't cover it.

I've been interested to read Redarmy's posts about Manchester United and their debt. It strikes me that the big 4, especially Chelsea and Northwest teams, are in a precarious financial situation, that could be likened to a house of cards.

A couple of wrong moves from those guys and they would see their gates falling, shirt sales slowing and their lifeblood slowly dropping away.

Whilst it would be terrible for the fans (actual fans) of those teams, I think it would be English football the world of good.

Something needs to be done about a lot of things, including football clubs being able operate in such debts, money being spent on footballers and their wages, and the cost of watching the game.

Football needs to be taken away from Murdoch and his chums and be given back to the people.

The clubs should be limited to an even amount of money to spend. Say, £50m per club. This can then be spent on players and wages, or it could all be given in wages but no money for players etc.

That would see the best players divided between the top flight teams, and newly promoted teams would have a good chance of competing with the established teams.

It would just make it more interesting and competitive.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Football needs to be taken away from Murdoch and his chums and be given back to the people.
    Definitely.

On a loosely related matter one of my mates can't afford a season ticket for Leeds this season due to the price...they're even pricier than ours and they're in the League below.

Bates is an absolute pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Teams don't belong in a league owing to their size.

In terms of size, we're still one of only 4 teams in this country to win the ultimate cup.

We've also had the highest Premiership finish at the first attempt, and our highest Premiership finish can only be bettered by Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, and Blackburn. (I don't think liverpool have ever finished above 3rd in the Premierleague)
    Unfortunantly they were runners up once (to arsenal if I remember right)

Man United finished 3rd, there lowest ever premiership finish

What did he say about Best, are we singing him ? Have we placed a bid ? Whats happening about Best ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    What did he say about Best, are we singing him ? Have we placed a bid ? Whats happening about Best ?*
    Well there may still be a chance of it.

Since both Eastwood and Morrisson are targets for Coventry I wouldn't be surprised if Best left. However I can't see it being till one of the two targets at least has arrived.

Every football fan in the land has there own definition of the term 'big club.' I think we are due to our fan base and history, but others may have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart60677
    Quote Originally Posted by mouldy

Every football fan in the land has there own definition of the term 'big club.' I think we are due to our fan base and history, but others may have different opinions.
    We are.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    What did he say about Best, are we singing him ? Have we placed a bid ? Whats happening about Best ?*
    I was waiting for someone to ask that. But i wasnt going to be the one to ask it

The only reason Forest have had a bad time over the past ten years (bar 1 pretty decent season under Hart) is bad managment at board room level.........Forest are certanly bigger than the likes of wigan and fulham (who have both had money chucked at them