Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: A Block Season Tickets

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default A Block Season Tickets

    I called by the Ticket Office to pick up an Application Form etc, and just asked about availability.

    After all the stories of queues etc, I was surprised to see that at least 75% of the A Block was not sold to Season Tickets yet?

    The lad there said its one of the least popular areas for ST - which surprised me. Does anyone know why this is? Just out of interest....

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Probably because it's expensive.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    Probably because it's expensive.
    Yeah, possibly, although B Block has sold way more Season Tickets, and that's the same price as A, plus it has more 'restricted view' seats.

    Maybe its just the way it is


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Blidworth
    Posts
    2,639

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Maybe there's alot more under 21 season tickets been sold.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,292

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Most expensive area. People probably think what's the point? Especially when you can buy it in Trent End for example and every now and again transfer your seat to A block for free.


  7. #6

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Wheres all the noise going to come from next season then if the A blocks half empty again like last season?



  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    I have just moved there, I believe it's worth the extra cash - because even on Kids for a Quid day, I will be surrounded by adults


  9. #8

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    and thugs.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    Most expensive area.
    Blocks C & D are slightly more expensive, but obviously the view there is significantly better.

    Hopefully it will be busy with match tickets if not Season Tickets - so its full and noisy. Last season, when it got full, the stewards were more concerned about keeping the aisles free than having everyone sat down. Which was sound.

    Also, if its not full, when the "kids for a quid" type offers are on, loads of kids from other areas of Main Stand hunt the empty seats in A.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by NFFC92
    Wheres all the noise going to come from next season then if the A blocks half empty again like last season?
    Although there might not be a huge amount of season ticket acitivty in A Block as of yet, you can bet your bottom doller that on match days, it'll be packed.

    I think its clearly known some, if not a majority of Forest's hooligan contingent (although some have gone into capital one) sit in A Block. A majority of these blokes dont buy season tickets and just buy individual match tickets.

    Also, i know alot of blokes from Long Eaton who dont own season tickets, but go to games on a regular basis, and sit in A Block.

    I suppose what im trying to say is, although we apparently havnt sold that many in that area of the ground, expect it too be nearly full and lively as ever come the start of next season.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    They're all coming back to the Trent to make the Noise.

    Or going up to Chavital one Corner.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    I didn't know how much impact that would have on Season Ticket sales?

    I mean, it makes sense that that element of the crowd would avoid getting season ticketts - I just didn't know how significant or active that element still was.
    But yeah, it would make sense.

    Plus, like Barky said, you can't get kids / U18 / U21 discounts in the A Block which would probably dent the sales too


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    I think its a rubbish view from A Block, i sit there for reserve games. My season ticket is in upper Trent End and i love it, the stewards are nice and its a great view


  15. #14

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    The reason being they only sell adult tickets in A Block


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by birkin youth
    I didn't know how much impact that would have on Season Ticket sales?

    I mean, it makes sense that that element of the crowd would avoid getting season ticketts - I just didn't know how significant or active that element still was.
    But yeah, it would make sense.

    Plus, like Barky said, you can't get kids / U18 / U21 discounts in the A Block which would probably dent the sales too
    As you say mate, the fact there is no U18 or even U21 ticket avalible, is the obvious reason why there is plenty of season ticket activity in B block, but not A block.

    In terms of activity, personally, id say next season that element will be alot larger than what has been witnessed in previous years. People coming off bans, along with the fact where in a higher league and playing tastier clubs, will no doubt bring more of them back!

    As i say, A Block will be fairly packed this season, i have no doubts.

    In terms of them moving into the Trent End, i really do doubt that. Capital One will definatly be buzzing aswell.

    Cant wait for the new season to get underway!


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    I always got the impression that the Capital One corner tended to be where the younger fans sat? Obviously a generalisation, but it always just seemed that way.

    Yeah, no discounts in the A Block is obviously the big reason. Maybe they do Senior Citizen discount there actually? I don't know, doubt that would make much difference


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by birkin youth
    I always got the impression that the Capital One corner tended to be where the younger fans sat? Obviously a generalisation, but it always just seemed that way.

    Yeah, no discounts in the A Block is obviously the big reason. Maybe they do Senior Citizen discount there actually? I don't know, doubt that would make much difference
    You're correct, on the whole.....that element of lads up there are between the ages of probably 17-25 ? But you do also get some older faces up there.

    Yeah i think you're right, i think you can get senior citizen ticket, but i cant see many of them opting for A Block lol.

    You got you're S/T yet mate?


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by NFFC Loyal
    You're correct, on the whole.....that element of lads up there are between the ages of probably 17-25 ? But you do also get some older faces up there.

    Yeah i think you're right, i think you can get senior citizen ticket, but i cant see many of them opting for A Block lol.

    You got you're S/T yet mate?
    No, I gotta wait til Pay-Day on the 25th. Lad behind the counter seemed pretty sure they wouldn't sell out before then.

    I know what you mean about Senior Citizens... I sometimes go with my Dad, who is a neutral... he's over 60 and isn't too keen on standing in the A Block.

    Hows about you, got yer ST yet?




  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by birkin youth
    No, I gotta wait til Pay-Day on the 25th. Lad behind the counter seemed pretty sure they wouldn't sell out before then.

    I know what you mean about Senior Citizens... I sometimes go with my Dad, who is a neutral... he's over 60 and isn't too keen on standing in the A Block.

    Hows about you, got yer ST yet?

    Pretty sure you'll be fine to get one on the 25th.

    Yes mate, i went down as cued for 4hours on saturday. I've had a season ticket for years but because some of the lads didnt and they wanted one, we had ta wait until genral sale!

    Managed ta get 10 decent seats in block U1.

    My U21 ST along with an away membership card, all together cost £187, which i thought was an absolute bargin!


  21. #20
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Maybe A Block is the Bermuda Triangle of the City Ground and all the Season Ticket holders keep strangely disappearing.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by NFFC Loyal
    Pretty sure you'll be fine to get one on the 25th.

    Yes mate, i went down as cued for 4hours on saturday. I've had a season ticket for years but because some of the lads didnt and they wanted one, we had ta wait until genral sale!*

    Managed ta get 10 decent seats in block U1.

    My U21 ST along with an away membership card, all together cost £187, which i thought was an absolute bargin!
    Yeah, he reckon I should be okay to wait for the 25th.

    Gonna get Away Membership too, mainly just so I can get to Derby Away!


  23. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by birkin youth
    Gonna get Away Membership too, mainly just so I can get to Derby Away!
    How many people are doing this? And what are they likely to allocate us?

    I've just bought my first S/T in A block and most people I've spoken to have bought away membership aswell mainly for the D*rby & Sheffield games.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by horlix_uk
    How many people are doing this? And what are they likely to allocate us?

    I've just bought my first S/T in A block and most people I've spoken to have bought away membership aswell mainly for the D*rby & Sheffield games.
    I've heard we've sold around 1,500 away memberships......so i'd say quick alot!

    We're likely too receive around 3,500 - 4,000 me thinks!


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    How many Away Season Ticket holders are there? I heard there's only a few hundred.

    Then Away Members get second dibs on tickets... And I guess they will limit the amount each Away Member can buy, right??




  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: A Block Season Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by LBlockRed
    I have just moved there, I believe it's worth the extra cash - because even on Kids for a Quid day, I will be surrounded by adults
    as i understand it there are only adult tickets available in A block but you don't have to be over 21 you just have to be willing to pay top price.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •