Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Want... ?

Default What Do You Want... ?

From next season?

Would you be happy with a 60 point season and then build on that the year after slowly working our way up the league.

Would you prefer/think that we will indeed have the firewpower and depth in the squad to push further up the table and have ago at the play offs.

I'm hoping we get the right players in to build for the future, we have the right foundations in place to build a great squad for the future, the right experience in the right postions and we really could be in the Premiership before we know it.

I personally think we will finish about 10th, which would be a great season in my eyes. Really optimistic for the the coming season..... feels strange saying that.

Please don't let us down during this closed season and get the players in to do the job.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

Default Re: What Do You Want... ?

Comfortable mid table finish, no real chance of play offs, no danger of relegation.

Heaven!

Been along time since Forest have had a 'Boring' season so to speak. Would be nice.

In an ideal world I would want Forest to be challenging for Playoffs/Promotion next season, but as things currently stand I wouldn't mind a 16th - 7th finish. As long as Forest are not fighting relegation, next season will be a success no matter where they finish.

I'll go along with mid table. For me, it was always about establishing ourselves first and foremost. Survival this year, mid table next, hopefully push for promotion after that.

Look what happened to Derby! They were one of the worst teams ever promoted to the PL, the worst ever PL team, and close to relegation last season. Do not want!

aka Famous

A top half finish after a good start that puts our minds at rest early doors.

Pushing for the play offs would make me think we were really moving in the right direction. More realistic though would be a comfortable mid table finish and I would be happy with that.

A good cup run would be great too. Seems like ages since we go anywhere in a cup

id settle for a top ten finnish and a double over the sheep and fester, no embarising defeats to those to please. end of the day Id rather go up with a team that has 5-6 premiership quality players and only needs 1-3 new faces brought in to compete, rather than go up next year and end up in the situation we where in this season.

also next season will be hard to acheive promotion with the likes of newcastle, boro and even west brom (who have been planning for next years promotion most of this season) comming down, so play offs would be the only real option and we all know what defeats in those can cause, another season will see the likes of hull, birmingham, and wolves come back down and one of the 4 in the play offs, and for me that will make it a much leveler platform for use to mount a push for the prem.

stage one has been passed which was to retain our champ status and keep it next season is about estabilishing ourselves as a quality team thats going somewhere that will help atract players for the push the following season.

Bad question really.

If you go into any competitive situation you got to want to win and win the top prize; if you don't you will lose badly!

However in terms of a satisfactory end of season we should not be happy with anything less than 10th.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared
    Bad question really.

If you go into any competitive situation you got to want to win and win the top prize; if you don't you will lose badly!

However in terms of a satisfactory end of season we should not be happy with anything less than 10th.
    this is true but its also about having realistic expectations if we all go into next season expecting nothing but wins and wanting a top 2 finnish it piles pressure onto the squad and we could easily end up in the situation we ended up in this season, if we go into the season expecting a top 10 finnish we can enjoy the matches that go our way yet not pile massive pressure onto the players for when things dont go our way.

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared
    Bad question really.

Sort of, but the question is what we as fans want - I think your point is more valid as to what the management and playing staff want

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Sort of, but the question is what we as fans want - I think your point is more valid as to what the management and playing staff want
    OK but I think the fans have got to want it as much as the players and push them towards the main prize.

Now if at the end of the season we sit down in reflective mood and say well 10th that wasn't bad that's all well and good. But for fans or any one else to say that we will be happy with mediocrity next season just smacks a little of low expectations from the outset.

Or maybe I have spent too long among the over enthusiastic guys in the colonies!

winnits

Maybe, who knows? I do see what you're saying, you do need a winning mentality as well as a winning ability - and us as fans are a part of that.

I'd just like us to progress, to do better than last season. Get a result against the Sheep, and finish above them.

Given the stated aim to build upon our young squad I think it's too soon to be expecting or demanding a playoff push.

As others have stated, a "season off" so to speak where we enjoy a comfortable mid table finish would suit me down to the ground.

thing is though you can still have this winning attitude and have the players and fans push towards it with low expectations for the season. its a bit like like premiership clubs do these days there is 3 divisions in that league the top 4 fight it out amungst themselfs and anything other than top 4 and champions league finnal is a failure, the mid table lot fight it out for the uefa places, and the bottom lot fight it out for to avoid the bottom 3. now can you realy expect wolves for instance going into next season expecting to win the league? the motivation is still there its just setting your goals at the right hieght and for us next season I beleive that to be around 60-65 points

I think BD has stated that the aim is "consolidation" simply because he doesn't want to be too ambitious incase he doesn't make his targets.

As we've seen, Forest can be very unpredictable at the best of times and to state the aim of playoffs, or promotion would be rediculous, but they're certainly not out of reach.

A Lack of aim and purpose from the fans could be a dangerous thing though, we seemed to pick up alot of points at the end of the season when we as a collective started to shit ourselves and get behind the team more, regardless of how we were playing. With this acceptance of mediocrity it could lead to a bad start to the season thinking, "well we dont have to win every game, mid tables fine." Before you know it, it's christmas and we're still near the bottom.

TheDude

To win every home game

removed user

smiley freedom!!!

[img width=15 height=15]http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/images/smilies/hey.gif[/img]

When do you want it?

removed user

any time in the next few weeks!!

[img width=15 height=15]http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/images/smilies/hey.gif[/img]

Resident foodie!

I'd settle for finishing anywhere in the top half of the table.

It'd be nice to finish up how Ipswich and QPR did this season, in about 12th/13th. No danger of relegation and no pressure of promotion or play-offs.

Rice IV

Top two finish.

Come on guys, aim for the stars.

Talk to me, Goose.

Mid Table, Near play offs would be nice

I Agree that aproaching the season with the atitude of losing is fine is dangerous but I am not saying we do that, I think we need to aproach the season in the way alot of premier clubs do the safety mark is 52 points and the sooner we acheive that the better and thats what we should be aiming for not anything else, the sooner we acheive that target the sooner we can all relax.