Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: McGoldrick to sign?

      
  1. #1
    removed user
    Guest

    Default McGoldrick to sign?

    When I first saw this I thought it was a bit oo-er due to his goal scoring record but I've been told he gets played on the left too.

    Strikers seem to be judged too much on goals too, Blackstock has only scored a couple for us since coming but look at the difference he has made overall. I'm starting to come round already especially as I think he'd fit in with the kind of rotation Billy seems to be planning.

    His record over recent season probably hasn't been helped by the fact he's been in a relegation battle every year with a team that lets face it, lacks creativity throughout and he's not exactly had a decent strike partner as anyone on a decent wage has been farmed out on loan because they can't afford to pay it (The curse of Stern John anyone?) and he's spent most of the season alongside Bradley Wright-Phillips.

    by Lord Henry Wotton and noone else



    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

  3. #2
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,706

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    i'll ask his mother but she did say he was on about coming back to notts/east midlands, my guess would leicester TBH

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Ray Von won the goal of the season competition and came back from living la vida loco with the inside info that we were after Mcgoldrick. Cappello said he's heard it too. Can't remember what thread it's in.

    I wasn't very impressed with him whenever I've seen him play. Maybe would do as a back up striker with potential to improve.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Henry Wotton in Blackstockings
    When I first saw this I thought it was a bit oo-er due to his goal scoring record but I've been told he gets played on the left too.

    Strikers seem to be judged too much on goals too, Blackstock has only scored a couple for us since coming but look at the difference he has made overall. I'm starting to come round already especially as I think he'd fit in with the kind of rotation Billy seems to be planning.

    His record over recent season probably hasn't been helped by the fact he's been in a relegation battle every year with a team that lets face it, lacks creativity throughout and he's not exactly had a decent strike partner as anyone on a decent wage has been farmed out on loan because they can't afford to pay it (The curse of Stern John anyone?) and he's spent most of the season alongside Bradley Wright-Phillips.

    by Lord Henry Wotton and noone else

    lol lol lol

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F133803...546076&show=50

    Been talking to someone at work today who was with the match sponsors on Sunday (already had a go at him for not making Paul Smith man of the match don't worry.) Anyway he says he was talking to some of the Southampton staff and got told two players from their squad are on the way to us. After more probing he finally got from the physio that it's McGoldrick and Surman. I'd really like to see Surman here and think for the supposed £500,000 McGoldrick would be worth a gamble as long as that money isn't needed elsewhere.


  6. #5

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    I'd take McGoldrick as long as we get Surman as part of a double deal.

    Bit like buying Davies just so we could get Cohen


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler
    I'd take McGoldrick as long as we get Surman as part of a double deal.

    Bit like buying Davies just so we could get Cohen
    I don't think we'd necessarily have to buy one to get the other but double deals are good for a combined price as it takes the pressure off them to live up to price tags as either could be worth any percentage of the deal.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,124

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    lol lol lol

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F133803...546076&show=50

    Been talking to someone at work today who was with the match sponsors on Sunday (already had a go at him for not making Paul Smith man of the match don't worry.) Anyway he says he was talking to some of the Southampton staff and got told two players from their squad are on the way to us. After more probing he finally got from the physio that it's McGoldrick and Surman. I'd really like to see Surman here and think for the supposed £500,000 McGoldrick would be worth a gamble as long as that money isn't needed elsewhere.
    That's not a bad price for him. Worth it.


  9. #8
    deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyShep
    i'll ask his mother but she did say he was on about coming back to notts/east midlands, my guess would leicester TBH
    Mrs McGoldrick, can David come out to play ?

    No son, he's popped into Leicester


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    That's not a bad price for him. Worth it.
    There's a chance I may have plucked that figure out of thin air but I'm sure it was said to be the price in The Mirror or The Sun or something. Ask Capello, he probably wrote it.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,210

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    I'd take McGoldrick as long as we get Surman as well, Surman would be a quality signing in my opinion.


  12. #11
    removed user
    Guest

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    He's 21.

    Ireckon if we sign him he'd be used on the left or as part of that dodgy three man attack with a striker being flanked by two others

    By Lord Henry Wotton and noone else (sorry I'll stop it now)


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Henry Wotton in Blackstockings
    He's 21.

    Ireckon if we sign him he'd be used on the left or as part of that dodgy three man attack with a striker being flanked by two others

    By Lord Henry Wotton and noone else (sorry I'll stop it now)
    If you're going to steal someone else's posts off another site at least try not to make it the ramblings of an idiot.


  14. #13
    removed user
    Guest

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    at least try not to make it the ramblings of an idiot.
    easier said than done!!


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    576

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    It must be true. I just searched for him on FM in 2016 and he's at Forest. Signed in the 09/10 season for 275k!


  16. #15
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,706

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba
    Mrs McGoldrick, can David come out to play ?

    No son, he's popped into Leicester
    have you been tapping my phone?


  17. #16
    deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyShep
    have you been tapping my phone?
    No, I've been phoning your tap.


  18. #17
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,706

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?




  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,463

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Not tapping his Mum?


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    carlton, nottm
    Posts
    1,930

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    rayvon has bagged this signing ill have you all know


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Can't we get better forwards than Mcgoldrick with the alleged money we have to spend. I don't rate him one bit, didn't impress on Saturday, missed that sitter from 6 yards in the first few minutes. Hardly set the world alight when at Port Vale. I'm sure we can get better calibre than him?


  22. #21
    FOREST!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Newark Red
    Posts
    4,281

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    David McGoldrick is from nottingham so it would intrest him



  23. #22
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,706

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    what a revelation that is!
    he wants to move back to be with his family, however he also doesn't really care that much and as long as it's closer than southampton is, (so anywhere really) he'll go.
    he doesn't see himself as a league one player but thinks that the club may price him out of a move cause they see him as a part of getting back up.
    paraphrasing a bit, it seems very up in the air at the minute, if i manage to get any more info i'll post it on here


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by RutlandRed
    Can't we get better forwards than Mcgoldrick with the alleged money we have to spend. I don't rate him one bit, didn't impress on Saturday, missed that sitter from 6 yards in the first few minutes. Hardly set the world alight when at Port Vale. I'm sure we can get better calibre than him?
    16 goals (14 in league) for a team having a season like they've just had with no creativity from midfield and a awful strike partner in BWP.

    Not too bad in my eyes, especially as he'll be mainly used as back up for Dexter (If all goes to plan) and be helped with his development being only 21 years old.

    For £500k I think it could be a bargain and I think the administrators would sell at that price too.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Just read on the NEP site that we are close to securing his services for £1m, his name has been banded about the forum for approx 2 seasons, similar time as the guy someone made up we were signing and it made headlines in the media...cant remember his name right now.
    Anyone remember "David who?"


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    carlton, nottm
    Posts
    1,930

    Default Re: McGoldrick to sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von
    Just read on the NEP site that we are close to securing his services for £1m, his name has been banded about the forum for approx 2 seasons, similar time as the guy someone made up we were signing and it made headlines in the media...cant remember his name right now.
    Anyone remember "David who?"
    barry cogan?

    and we actully have gone in for him be4 but he chose port vale instead


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •