Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87

Thread: Burnley Away

      
  1. #1

    Default Burnley Away

    Will tickets make general sale as I have been able to swing next saturday 14th off week it does mean me now working 8 days without a break so I am hoping this will make general sale - the things we do for Forest. The ticket office were of no use? Please give me hope and tell me I will be able to get a ticket. Only 1,900 allocation - what do people think?General sale?

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    I imagine they will. But just get there early.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Im pretty sure we can have more than 1,900 if demand dicatated. Think Wednesday took more than that on Saturday.

    Cant see us selling many more than 1,500 for this one.


  5. #4
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,845

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    You know, I might try to go to this game. It's only about 25 miles drive.

    Whats Turf Moor like?

    Also, call me an amateur, but as someone who doesnt hold a season ticket, what would I have to do to get my grubby mits on a pair? (No puns please! )

    EDIT: Never mind, found out.



    MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by forestBolton
    You know, I might try to go to this game. It's only about 25 miles drive.

    Whats Turf Moor like?

    Also, call me an amateur, but as someone who doesnt hold a season ticket, what would I have to do to get my grubby mits on a pair? (No puns please! )

    EDIT: Never mind, found out.
    Turf moor is pretty bad. Its often voted as one of the worst grounds to play at.


  7. #6

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by forestBolton
    You know, I might try to go to this game. It's only about 25 miles drive.

    Whats Turf Moor like?
    Cold, horrible, and in Burnley. 'Nuff said!


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Old fashioned mill town, dull,dreary and tatty ground,2,000 easy will go.....team aren't too bad though, bit up and down, promise much then fade away...(bit like us, eh?).


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    This is looking very unlikely for me getting to. Anyone fancy giving me a lift?


  10. #9
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,845

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Confirmed. I bought tickets. Seats 35 and 36.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,120

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    It's alright Burnley, may try and make this myself with a stop off in Todmorden before the game for a few beers.


  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    for anyone still interested, I rang the ticket office yesterday and they said they had sold about 800 of the 1900 allocation. Just bought 4 myself online so there are still some available.

    Have a Canadian friend who wants to experience real life "lower league" football

    I think Turf Moor ticks all those boxes!


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborous
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Given the fact I might not be able to make it to the watford game on Tuesday I might instead go to this one, again it seems I will be on my own though so if anyone from here fancies meeting for a drink in or around the ground, please come find me




  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    A friend of mine is going to Leeds vs swindon. So I hope to a catch to Burnley from Leeds. Not sure how much all of this will cost. But I am going to see whether my wallet will allow.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,117

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    I will be going to this one with Toptrunk and The Trentend Foghorn.

    I'm sure we will be drinking before the game somewhere but haven't decided which bars yet. Theres plenty to choose from in the town centre which is only a 5-10 minute walk to the ground. From memory there is a cricket pitch behind the away end where people can park if needs be and the Pavilion Bar allows away fans in if you want to drink nearer the ground. That was the case a few years back,, i'm not sure if anything has changed since then though.




  16. #15
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Burnley is where Chinese burns come from.
    You had them at Primary school, but don't ever think you are too old.
    In fact, I might arrange an LTLF Chinese Burns and Knuckles Night. Some venue near to the Queen's Medical Centre.
    I hope the apostrophe is in the right place there. It was a medical centre named after the Queen. If it's a medical centre for Queens (Plural) then I resign from my post as grammar critic to the forum.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    I will be able to get to this match! Heroic effort, they call me Glen.


  18. #17
    Scandalous and Shameless
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,543

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    I will be going to this one with Toptrunk and The Trentend Foghorn.

    I'm sure we will be drinking before the game somewhere but haven't decided which bars yet. Theres plenty to choose from in the town centre which is only a 5-10 minute walk to the ground. From memory there is a cricket pitch behind the away end where people can park if needs be and the Pavilion Bar allows away fans in if you want to drink nearer the ground. That was the case a few years back,, i'm not sure if anything has changed since then though.

    Ror, I want to go


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardinho
    Ror, I want to go
    Why dont you?


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardinho
    Ror, I want to go
    We are going through London, if you want some sort of lift, if it can be arranged?


  21. #20
    Scandalous and Shameless
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,543

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn Rocks
    Why dont you?
    My nephew was inconsiderate enough to be born 2 years before this game - he should have planned it better

    I have to go to a party and take Jelly Tot cupcakes, which are yum!

    Also missing the Wolves home game so after Tuesday night, I won't be able to get to a game until 4th April


  22. #21
    Scandalous and Shameless
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,543

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Thanks for the offer, Jamie. As you can see from my above post, it's my nephew's fault.

    PS. 'Ror' is a sad dog noise!


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardinho
    My nephew was inconsiderate enough to be born 2 years before this game - he should have planned it better

    I have to go to a party and take Jelly Tot cupcakes, which are yum!

    Also missing the Wolves home game so after Tuesday night, I won't be able to get to a game until 4th April
    That reminds me. I must check out flights for the Wolves game so I can shout insults at Mick 'The prick' McCarthy.


















    I wish Keane had of tore him a new ass.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    What an inconsiderate time to be born! Doesn't he think about Forest when carrying out this event.

    I'm sure your nephew would a lovely trip to see the Lancashire countryside, accompanied by a football match.


  25. #24
    Scandalous and Shameless
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,543

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn Rocks
    That reminds me. I must check out flights for the Wolves game so I can shout insults at Mick 'The prick' McCarthy.
    Rub it in why don't you

    Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    What an inconsiderate time to be born! Doesn't he think about Forest when carrying out this event.

    I'm sure your nephew would a lovely trip to see the Lancashire countryside, accompanied by a football match.
    If my sister would let, I would so do that!


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,117

    Default Re: Burnley Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardinho
    Ror, I want to go
    Could you not offer to take your little nephew out for the day as a birthday treat and then head upto Burnley with us?

    I wish you could make it, but your nephew is only 2 once. If its any consolation, i've been to burnley away before and its crap,, this is the away game i'm least bothered about this season but i have nothing else to do and so i might as well go (plus toptrunks plan for a night out in huddersfield sounds good!) We'll have to start making plans for Barnsley soon then so you have something to look forward to.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •