Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: A thread for the fence sitters

Default A thread for the fence sitters

A couple of losses on the trot and an growing number of fans on these parts were calling for the managers head. What a difference a day makes eh?

Whilst things suddenly feel rosier about the place, let me remind you that in the grand scheme of things we haven't actually moved any further away from the relegation zone. We are still in the battle and we will be until the end of the season. At some point between now and then we will lose a couple on the trot again. I write this to ask the people on here who still have qualms about Davies that when that time comes, not to start throwing up a fuss again, instead save it for the end of the season. At such a crucial stage the staff, both playing and non playing, will need all the backing they can get to make sure we don't fall down the trapdoor again.

Finally, Davies will be here for the next 9 months regardless, so we all better get used to the idea that he is the manager of our club and as such deserves all the support we can give him and his team until he leaves his post.

Enjoy your night/weekend everyone, this was certainly an unexpected victory. Here's to hoping we can build on this in the future and gradually eradicate the doubts that have been haunting us over the last few weeks.

Similar Threads:
    .k I m
    I m u mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: A thread for the fence sitters

I do not understand how people could call for his head after playing Cardiff, QPR, Birmingham, Ipswich and Derby and only getting a point. Davies said going into this run it was not going to be easy and he said when we were winning and widening the gap between ourselves and relegation the battle was not over and it was going to last right to the death. Getting a point out the run was pretty good. There were disappointing performances but hey I don't think anyone was anticipating much more out that run.

The next few fixtures are going to be challenging with Preston, Swansea, Watford, Burnley and Wolves being our next fixtures. For me I think we should be targeting 4 points if we do well from that. A low tally I know, perhaps too low but looking at the sides we are going to face it's realistic. Good things come to those who wait and with the sides around us winning it is going to be difficult waiting but let's face it we got the wins against the sides around us and now we are playing the good sides of this division and I cannot really expect lots from the side against these big guns. When we go on to play Barnsley, Coventry, Blackpool and Southampton then I expect wins and points.

You're right in that the feeling is very different today than it was a week ago even though our league position hasn't really changed.

The difference that a single win and three points makes is huge in respect of confidence and moral and I'm not just talking about the players.

We're now looking up at the teams above us rather than looking down.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    I do not understand how people could call for his head after playing Cardiff, QPR, Birmingham, Ipswich and Derby and only getting a point. Davies said going into this run it was not going to be easy and he said when we were winning and widening the gap between ourselves and relegation the battle was not over and it was going to last right to the death. Getting a point out the run was pretty good. There were disappointing performances but hey I don't think anyone was anticipating much more out that run.

The next few fixtures are going to be challenging with Preston, Swansea, Watford, Burnley and Wolves being our next fixtures. For me I think we should be targeting 4 points if we do well from that. A low tally I know, perhaps too low but looking at the sides we are going to face it's realistic. Good things come to those who wait and with the sides around us winning it is going to be difficult waiting but let's face it we got the wins against the sides around us and now we are playing the good sides of this division and I cannot really expect lots from the side against these big guns. When we go on to play Barnsley, Coventry, Blackpool and Southampton then I expect wins and points.
    So five points from 11 games is a good tally?!

From Cardiff -> Derby we should have been looking at a minimum of five points.

Preston -> Wolves should yield no less than 7.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyLePup

From Cardiff -> Derby we should have been looking at a minimum of five points.

Preston -> Wolves should yield no less than 7.
    Cardiff, Ipswich, QPR, Brum and Derby are all very good sides. Where is the 3 points coming from? I know in hindsight after the ipswich game we should've got something from the game but before the match I wasn't anticipating getting anything. These (Derby aside) are all promotion contenders and even though we could argue we should be getting points off Derby look at their squad and strength in depth and look at the injury stricken one we had to put against that. I know before the game I wasn't expecting much against Derby and I am an optimistic person!! I am not saying it is good but looking at those sides and their squads I can't really expect much more.

Preston, Swansea, Watford, Burnley, Wolves. Where are the 7 points coming from? Watford are the only side in that list that are down with us and they are in great form since their cup exit I don't really expect to get too much from Vicarage Road if they keep their form up. Again look at thier squad and compare it to ours a host of championship proven quality and some vast expierence in the likes of Rasiak, McAnuff etc. For me Preston is a key encounter if they can lose to Southampton then we need to be getting points against them IMO. Then Swansea I would say a point. 7 points is a much better prospect but I can't see us gettingt it realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    Cardiff, Ipswich, QPR, Brum and Derby are all very good sides. Where is the 3 points coming from? I know in hindsight after the ipswich game we should've got something from the game but before the match I wasn't anticipating getting anything. These (Derby aside) are all promotion contenders and even though we could argue we should be getting points off Derby look at their squad and strength in depth and look at the injury stricken one we had to put against that. I know before the game I wasn't expecting much against Derby and I am an optimistic person!! I am not saying it is good but looking at those sides and their squads I can't really expect much more.

Preston, Swansea, Watford, Burnley, Wolves. Where are the 7 points coming from? Watford are the only side in that list that are down with us and they are in great form since their cup exit I don't really expect to get too much from Vicarage Road if they keep their form up. Again look at thier squad and compare it to ours a host of championship proven quality and some vast expierence in the likes of Rasiak, McAnuff etc. For me Preston is a key encounter if they can lose to Southampton then we need to be getting points against them IMO. Then Swansea I would say a point. 7 points is a much better prospect but I can't see us gettingt it realistically.
    Every side is more experienced than ours. If we continued the entire season with your point expectations we'd end up on 20 points.

Cardiff, Ipswich, QPR, Birmingham, Derby:

I'd suggest Cardiff and Birmingham were likely losses. Ipswich were on a bad run of form and we should have taken a point. QPR, despite all their money, aren't world beaters and we possibly could have won that. We shouldn't have lost to Derby at home either.

Preston, Swansea, Watford, Burnley, Wolves:

If we are serious about staying up then we simply MUST beat Preston and Watford. Burnley aren't any better than us either. There are your seven.

Victor Meldrew

Please don't say Banana.

I have a Taurette's kid at school.

One day the entire school wound him up by saying banana to him for days. His Taurette's then became just banana. He'd shout it out the whole time.

I'd suggest Cardiff and Birmingham were likely losses.
    Cardiff - we were no worse than them, with one or two individual exceptions. Perfectly good goal disallowed, we bloody nearly had a point that day.

I'm lost. Which 11 games will/ have produced 5 points.

A couple of losses on the trot and an growing number of fans on these parts were calling for the managers head. What a difference a day makes eh?

Whilst things suddenly feel rosier about the place, let me remind you that in the grand scheme of things we haven't actually moved any further away from the relegation zone. We are still in the battle and we will be until the end of the season. At some point between now and then we will lose a couple on the trot again. I write this to ask the people on here who still have qualms about Davies that when that time comes, not to start throwing up a fuss again, instead save it for the end of the season. At such a crucial stage the staff, both playing and non playing, will need all the backing they can get to make sure we don't fall down the trapdoor again.

Finally, Davies will be here for the next 9 months regardless, so we all better get used to the idea that he is the manager of our club and as such deserves all the support we can give him and his team until he leaves his post.

Enjoy your night/weekend everyone, this was certainly an unexpected victory. Here's to hoping we can build on this in the future and gradually eradicate the doubts that have been haunting us over the last few weeks.

Possibly one of the most sensible posts I've read on here in a long time. I completely agree.