Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Money to agents

Default Money to agents

Football League accounts show the Reds paid out £124,000 from July 1 to December 31 last year – compared to £76,100 for the same period in 2007.

That was still relatively low compared to other Championships with Derby County paying the most - £717,000.

Forest made ten transfers or registered new players in that period, updated 11 contracts and cancelled the deals of four players. Including ten loans, they made 35 transactions during that six-month period.

Just read this on the News now site.

What's the concensus?

Agents are parasites aren't they, looking @ Direby's agents bill, no wonder they've got no money left from the parachute.

Am I right in thinking that in Cloughies day, he told agents to piss off, thinking of Franz Carr's demise also, when his Dad got involved with the great man.

How times have changed, no wonder the country is in the mess it is, money for rope in my view

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: Money to agents

Agents are (slightly beneath) the scum of the Earth.

Put 'em against a wall, and don't bother waiting for the revolution, before shooting them.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by tricky trev
    Am I right in thinking that in Cloughies day, he told agents to p**s off, thinking of Franz Carr's demise also, when his Dad got involved with the great man.
    Haven't heard that story,what happened there mate?

Lets be honest...

Ten transfers means 12 grand for each transfer on average going to an agent.

Hardly something I will be losing sleep over

#FindElaine

Norm spoke about his contract at Forest when he was at the Approach before Christmas. He was mullered by the time he got to the story but Cloughy basically gave him a blank contract form and said if you trust me you'll sign it then sent him on his way. Norm got a phone call from the big man the following morning thanking him for trusting him and telling him to collect his contract from the secretary.

When he got to the ground and looked at the form the sum written for his wage was £5k a week (I think but Norm couldn't remember himself, definitely had a 5 in it somewhere).

Bit more to the story than that - the meeting came about because Norm got Cloughy a towel after he'd been in the bath fully clothed and was nearly over before it started because Norm initially refused a drink but its best told over a beer

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

The rumour about Franz Carr was that his dad did indeed pay Cloughie a visit as he was not happy about his son's treatment, the rest is history as Franz was at Forest. I have a mate who played for Forest (reserve team) but was a prolific scorer about 25 years ago. His dad asked for a meeting with the great man and said it was about time his lad had a shot at the first team, he too was soon history and was shipped out never to get the chance. He ebded up playing non league football.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by tricky trev
    Football League accounts show the Reds paid out £124,000 from July 1 to December 31 last year
    The good news is that from Jan 1 to 26th February they haven't had to pay a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    The good news is that from Jan 1 to 26th February they haven't had to pay a penny!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

lol beautiful!!!

Rice # 42

I'm proud of Forest's stance in refusing to sign anyone just to put agents out of business.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    I'm proud of Forest's stance in refusing to sign anyone just to put agents out of business.
    I heard that the 'b(w)ankers' are turning their hand to being sports agents

Do you reckon that most of the £700K that Direby paid out was to Savages agent!