Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why have we STILL not signed anyone??

Default Why have we STILL not signed anyone??

I said I would be flabbergasted if we hadnt signed anybody by the end of this week on loan, but at the same time, was sure we would get at least 1 player...but here we are wednesday evening, and nothing! So Im sure we'll get to the weekend v reading and still not have anybody else in, and that means we probably wont have anyone else for tuesday either v preston.

Is McSheffrey coming or isnt he??

Is Evans a target?? Tonge??

As usual nothing from the club! Other than the usual rubbish about 'continuing to look at it' and 'working hard at it', 'doors slammed in our face'. Ive had it up to here!

I dont think Moussi will make a huge difference even though hes back (he wont be fully match fit for a while) and we need more, better players now!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Why have we STILL not signed anyone??

You really expect the club to go public with all of the details of who they're trying to get, what they've bid etc? If we did, there's no doubt other clubs would suddenly be interested and be putting in (possibly) higher bids.

There's not one club in England that goes public with all of their targets.

We are not going to be held to ransom

It is difficult to attract players in our position

We want players who want to play for the club

We have a wage structure and don't want players here for a last payday

We don't want to disrupt the harmoney of the dressing room.

Take your pick.....

Quote Originally Posted by kmm5000

Take your pick.....

Mark, you are back, did you have a nice holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmygordonshat
    Mark, you are back, did you have a nice holiday?

Thanks for asking, the sun was shining, birds were singing, beer was flowing, Mr. Doughty was in his trunk... erm erm I will stop there and just say I find the amount of Arthur and Doughty out topics extremely disappointing, I must explain that if this monstrosity of an act continues, we will not sign ANY players. You will only have yourselves to blame and YOU will all be to blame for the clubs downfall.... You are not real fans if you criticise us. HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE US? WE ARE NOTTINGHAM FOREST... Shame on you guys, Shame on you.

I must tell you all that I have been on holiday with My darli... erm Mr Doughty and he was inconsolable with the way he is being treated by you so called fans. I had to hug him for a great I mean good half an hour before he calmed down. Hopefully me explaining all this will make you realise he is the best man for the job, and with me as his poodle we are a great partnership and Forest are in safe hands. Look at the last 10 years and say that is not so? You can't

Let me reiterate if these Doughty and Arthur topics carry on, we will not get any players in and it will be all your FAULT.... Mr Doughty is NFFC, There would be no NFFC without him.... So think on guys.......

We have put in bids to get people on loan, but I am not hopeful, I shouldn't send this message out to fans, but I am an idiot so I will. I am not hopeful at all because our bids are shit, and the other clubs are laughing at us. But we have bid so you as fans can't ask for anymore than that. I am sure you will agree?

Disclaimer : This is a joke, and in no way represents the real relationship between Doughty and Arthur.. I will say though that Doughty is a joke and Marthur is a joke and that IS my opinion.

Because there is no money to spend alledgedly

i wasted half of january checking on transfer news and foolishly i'm still bloody checking every evening now ! why do i bother? i suppose i'm still clinging in hope that some DECENT players are going to be drafted in to help the forest cause but deep down i know nothing is on the horizon , let's hope we suddenly hit a good spell again otherwise we are fucked !

No wonder my post count..

Officially 25 days left of the transfer loan window.

Thats

* 2,160,000 seconds
    * 36,000 minutes
    * 600 hours
    * 3 weeks (rounded down)

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the answer to this is obvious.

it all the fault of one Lee McSmitongevensjones!!!!

is everyone else blind?

yam

Davies said his primary goal was still to ensure the club only signed players who would be fully committed to the Reds.

"It is easier to bring in loan signings when you are competing at the top of the table, rather than at the bottom," he said.

"All we can do is keep looking for the players who will make us better, who are not coming here for a jolly, to get fit or to play out the remainder of the season.

"We want people who want to be part of the long-term future of the club. We want people who want to prove themselves worthy of playing in a Forest shirt and, most importantly, come here because they want the challenge of playing for Forest.

"Anything else would be a total waste of time."

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co...ht-player.aspx

Miserable bastard

We're waiting for the acquisitions board to meet.

They've been trying to meet for weeks now, but Mark Arthur had a note from his mother excusing him, Nigel Doughty was too busy swimming in his money and David Pleat didn't make it to the ground as he was driving too slowly.

Read what Billy Davies has said, it is coming from him at the moment. Yes it would be easy to sign someone,anyone but he has laid down a difficult set of criteria not anyone else.

Take your pick.....

As much as some people dislike it I think he's right to be saying all these things.

Nobody wants and overpaid overhyped player who won't fit in with the squad.

I'd rather we had this frustrating time waiting for people to come in rather than go out and sign the likes of Andy Impey and Alan Rogers again.

I think some people have unrealistic views of how the transfer market and loan market works. This isn't like sitting down and playing FM2009, these are real people and their are a lot of factors regarding the football itself but also outside of that.

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    As much as some people dislike it I think he's right to be saying all these things.

I'd rather we had this frustrating time waiting for people to come in rather than go out and sign the likes of Andy Impey and Alan Rogers again.

I think some people have unrealistic views of how the transfer market and loan market works. This isn't like sitting down and playing FM2009, these are real people and their are a lot of factors regarding the football itself but also outside of that.
    you do realize 200 people are now contemplating suicide due to that comment

COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyRed

I feel I should defend my flat mate here and say that the programmers at SI continue to do their utmost to make the transfer system as realistic as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyRed
    [img width=220 height=218]http://www.resumes.info/IMG/computer-upset-guy.jpg[/img]

[img width=320 height=240]http://a.abcnews.com/images/WN/pd_computer_080501_mn.jpg[/img]

[img width=480 height=480]http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-19419806.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BB10BE41D-7541-411D-95A5-49598DF277E2%7D[/img]

yam

Ahh but Impey and Rogers did OK when they were on loan - they helped to keep us up. It was after we signed them that it all turned to shite.

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Jaune Card Darcheville
    I feel I should defend my flat mate here and say that the programmers at SI continue to do their utmost to make the transfer system as realistic as possible...
    Its just that their utmost isn't very much.

Is that Nigel Clough in the pic. when the buble bursts @ Direby

Ofcourse they are right to have those reasons, but to use them as an excuse season after season, Transfer window after transfer window is frustrating, And that is all they are now an excuse.... The offers in the January transfer window were as the other clubs said derisory, cheeky and laughable, not the being held to ransom which Marthur spouts..... It is sadly what we have become though.

Quote Originally Posted by tomharding
    Officially 25 days left of the transfer loan window.

Thats

* 2,160,000 seconds
    * 36,000 minutes
    * 600 hours
    * 3 weeks (rounded down)
    How longs left? Time is ticking.... TICK TOCK TICK TOCK MARK ARTHUR IS A COCK

lets be honest we could be winning by then with a almost full strength squad back and be 6 points above the drop zone with the hardest fixtures out the way, so most people would not be woried if no signings had been made by this point as we would be on our way to safety, howeve if we are still where we are now and have picked up yet more injurys then forest will conduct so token loans signings in the last week of the window.

we all know how the club works so I reckon we should sit back and wait for the last week of the window and see what happens

> Why have we STILL not signed anyone??

[img width=294 height=334]http://cgml.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/clown.jpg[/img]

Meet Mark Arthur (cue circus/clown/wes morgan on the ball music), he's running your football club when he's not walking the high wire or belting himself in the crotch with custard pies for the kids.

Ofcourse they are right to have those reasons, but to use them as an excuse season after season, Transfer window after transfer window is frustrating, And that is all they are now an excuse.... The offers in the January transfer window were as the other clubs said derisory, cheeky and laughable, not the being held to ransom which Marthur spouts..... It is sadly what we have become though.
    Depends which end you look at it from.

£400k for Lee Croft out of contract in the summer is a very good bid in my eyes.

£600k doesn't seem bad for Jones although I haven't seen that much of him to fully judge.

The rest we don't know what amounts were offered, the above two are open to a certain amount of speculation as they are only media reports. The selling clubs may not think the bids are acceptable but they are not derisory.