Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With All This Whinging and Moaning...

Default With All This Whinging and Moaning...

... am I the only one that sees finishing 4th bottom a successful season??

I'm sure any other club promoted from a lower league would consider survival in the higher league a success.

I'm confident we will flirt with the bottom 3 for the remainder of the season and a tirade of abuse will be hurled at Davies and MArthur however I do not think we will be relegated. We will have players returning from injury and will be match fit at the most critical time of the season.

I think the timeline of what will happen is:

- struggle against Reading, fall in to bottom 3,
    - still struggle in the coming weeks,
    - players begin return from injury,
    - Forest start to pick up vital points,
    - previously injured players are gaining match sharpness,
    - pick up more points with a stronger squad.

Finish 4th bottom

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No wonder my post count..

Default Re: With All This Whinging and Moaning...

Quote Originally Posted by nickl360

I'm sure any other club promoted from a lower league would consider survival in the higher league a success.

I'm confident we will flirt with the bottom 3 for the remainder of the season and a tirade of abuse will be hurled at Davies and MArthur however I do not think we will be relegated. We will have players returning from injury and will be match fit at the most critical time of the season.

Finish 4th bottom

If we keep that reserved as the best case scenario, hopefully all the pessimism may disappear.

I think people are worried because we will be toying with fate by aiming for "Survival" not "Solid Safety".

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomharding

If we keep that reserved as the best case scenario, hopefully all the pessimism may disappear.

I think people are worried because we will be toying with fate by aiming for "Survival" not "Solid Safety".
    Are you sure you don't mean worst case? :P

.k I m
    I m u mm

Finish 4th bottom

I would gladly take 4th from bottom now as things stand today but in no way would I consider just avoiding relegation a successful season. If the definition of a successful season is as you describe then I would stop watching football tomorrow. I would also point out that Swansea and Doncaster were promoted with us and with considerably less resource available have adapted to the challenge of this division in a much more positive fashion.

I accept your reasoning for our survival but I believe it is too finally balanced to call. It will probably come down to the fitness levels of a few key players.

As for your comment about the abuse aimed at Davies and Marthur - I think the abuse towards Davies is unwarranted and is just a result of the level of frustration. Marthur and Doughty deserve everything they get for once again allowing us to be in this position additionally, they deserve the abuse they receive for their cowardice in not facing the criticism and for not providing some answers to the frustration quite rightly being aired by Forest supporters.

It would not be classed as a successful season after all we have gone through. But it does mean we would be stayiong in the CCC for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyLePup
    Are you sure you don't mean worst case? :P
    Worst case would be us going back down to league one, but being deducted 20 points because it turned out ND sold the club to Pete Doherty, who sold it for a weeks supply of crack - the dealer of that crack being David Platt who now owns the club. Now, on the condition of this sale of crack, Doherty now has managerial control, selling Earnie, Moussi and Tyson for more crack, Instead making Amy Winehouse our star forward.

Finish 4th bottom

Well said as i've been saying to people, now we have our players returning and the slightly easier fixtures with teams in and around us within touching distance, I see no reason why we can't go another run we went on that got us our furthest up the table in a while. I truely believe we will beat the teams we play around us and we will be safe by the Southampton game.

What does everyone make of our run in? Some think its tough while others think its ok, on 606 other teams seem pretty confident that we will struggle with our run in.

I think we have some tough games but then some very winable ones also, preston and swansea at home will be vital.

Games like Watford away will be huge 6 pointers that could ultimately decide it, I just hope we have found abit of form before then.

would it be reasonable to assume that players returning from injury will be balanced by other of our players becoming injured ?

Surely other teams have injured players too.

Was once asked to play for England.

Miserable bastard

Survival, though it would be welcome in one sense, is likely to hide the fact that the club has created an internal structure which is actually detrimental to on-field success.

Until the club realises this, we will continue to toil until we get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Congo_Red
    Survival, though it would be welcome in one sense, is likely to hide the fact that the club has created an internal structure which is actually detrimental to on-field success.

Until the club realises this, we will continue to toil until we get lucky.
    The internal structure will be discussed at the next meeting of the Internal Structure Review Board. Group members are as follows:
    Mark Arthur
    Billy Davies
    David Pleat +1
    The bloke in the Trent End who rocks back and forth and asks the score (supporters representative)
    Corky the Cat

Mark Arthur is the only member with voting rights. Next meeting is scheduled for after the end of the season.

I think we can finish 4th from bottom. People are making out we were out this mess and then got back in. The most comfortable we were was 4 points off relegation (I think) and that was after playing all the easy sides i.e. Plymouth, Charlton, Norwich, Sheff Wed. Now we have played some decent sides like Brum and Cardiff and lost, not to mention the injury crisis and no additions to the squad we are all disappointed and shocked We should've been anticipating this. I for one think that we can just reach that 50 point target as long as we get the wins against the average sides of the promotion for me maximum points from the last 3 games is a must Coventry, Blackpool and Southampton.

Another factor to consider is it looks like Southampton are on the verge of administration and could be just biding thier time to see if there is no chance of survival or not like Leeds 2 years ago.

i think it could be possible that you are, but i understand your point. Calderwood promised us Andy Cole would fire us to the play-offs!!!!

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rossybeary

i think it could be possible that you are, but i understand your point. Calderwood promised us Andy Cole would fire us to the play-offs!!!!
    To be fair, he didn't specify which league ...

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by rossybeary
    Calderwood promised us Andy Cole would fire us to the play-offs!!!!
    Chinese Whispers...

"Andy Cole will fire us to the play-offs"
    "Andy Cole will fire us to the Premiership"
    "Andy Cole will get me fired into the Premiership"

Simples.

Dimples.

[img width=547 height=799]http://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.berensongroup.com/maxi%2520dimples%2520R0713%2520F245.jpg&usg=AFQjCN H62D6mdxS0J6moCI8TIsfbWO7ViA[/img]

We've got Robbie Earnshaw!!!!!!!!

if he stays fit!

I'll settle for 4th from bottom this season... but I wish we could find that spirit we showed at Man City

As we embarked upon the season with Colin as manager, we were playing some decent football but sadly not getting the results. We know the rest but it wasn't long and by Christmas we were struggling in the pit of the league looking desperately for a lifeline.

With Billy at the helm, suddenly we were building upon our point tally and leaving some of the others behind. Our expectations rose retrospectively and we were all talking once more of a credible mid table finish.

Our recent run of bad forum has put us all back into reverse as we are scraping the rim of relegation once more and the criticism of the players and management and the system dominate all discussion.

As supporters, we often seem to have a bad memory when it comes to recalling our strategy. We were always going to struggle against the stronger teams in this league yet some people still believe we are too good for some. Well, the realism is that we're not and we will continue to struggle, not just through what's left of February and March but for the remainder of the season.

My personal view is that we will not in a position to gain ground over the next few games but we will strengthen our squad and we will survive and end the season in a positive way.

The summer will be the time for Billy to really put his plans and team together.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Resident foodie!

Good post, Diane.

I tend to agree with most things you say anyway, since you're pretty objective in your views.

Personally, I think we'll be ok come May, and then in the summer we'll strengthen where necessary and then next season we'll be a mid-table club - think of Ipswich, Burnley etc...

Davies needs time to get us there, and with the support of the fans and the board, he'll do it.

I'm not overly impressed with how things are going at the moment, but we are in the toughest part of the season, and I think once it's out of the way, things will pick up again.

I do agree that people expect too much of the side. There's no way we should be beating the Birmingham's, Reading's, Wolves' and so on because they have a much better standard of players and they have so much more depth than us.

Even Derby, to an extent.

Derby, Wolves and Reading were all relegated from the Premiership at the end of last season, and we've taken a point from them all so far.

I'm positive that things will come good, given time.

At last, a common sense post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

Derby, Wolves and Reading were all relegated from the Premiership at the end of last season, and we've taken a point from them all so far.

I'm positive that things will come good, given time.
    You mean Birmingham?

(Sorry to correct you )

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I do agree that people expect too much of the side. There's no way we should be beating the Birmingham's, Reading's, Wolves' and so on because they have a much better standard of players and they have so much more depth than us.

Even Derby, to an extent.
    Quite right.

We do need to look at things more realistically.

We are staying up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick'sLeftPeg
    We are staying up!
    Quite likely if the aquisitions panel pull their fingers out of their arses.