Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: What are the odds of a few token loan signings this week...

Default What are the odds of a few token loan signings this week...

To appease the masses and the disgruntlement with the board fades away again.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: What are the odds of a few token loan signings this week...

Token signings may appease (some of) the masses, but they would upset everybody else who wants quality over quantity

We won't get any unless they don't cost us a penny.

Id say the chances are nill

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

maybe if billy can get his way, or there are any good players that would improve our squad that want to play in a relegation scrap

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    Token signings may appease (some of) the masses, but they would upset everybody else who wants quality over quantity
    I wouldn't mind quantity and quality!

Rice IV

I just want someone to come in.

It's annoying me that Davies has all this ammunition to avoid the blame for our shitness.

Talk to me, Goose.

I feel we'll get 1 or 2 players in on loan so odds of around 1/20,will be 20 on to win £1 profile because ur get ur £20 back aswell.

The whole transfer talk things gone a bit quietly actually hasn't it!? Obviously we really could do with some signings desperately, but I'd feel alot better if Davies was galvanising the squad with a spirit of work ethic to stay up rather than criticising everyone. Maybe that's what he's doing inthe long term, I'm no manager, but its nto the way I'd go about it.

No wonder my post count..

In the transfer thread theres a link to the BBC rumours page about Gary McSheff saying he's "Set to join".

Hopefully "Set to Join" as in "Set to Join", not "Set to Join" as in "Rob Jones is Set to Join".

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole irony in this, is that, as we are in desperate times we will no doubt end up paying over the odds (in wages), for anyone that does come in.

And then we'll all moan that we've paid out too much! The hierachy are probably pretty screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Piotr
    And then we'll all moan that we've paid out too much! The hierachy are probably pretty screwed either way!
    If they hadn't left it 'till a last minute poker move to buy players, and pissed off other clubs. We maybe could of come to a reasonable agreement. Supply and demand and all that.

Perhaps, but then lots of managers have spoken about inflated prices in january.

...the Liatrom Red

Remember at school when two teams were picked for a game and you were left at the end with a pair of useless fat *****?

Well, isn't this is the situation we now find ourselves in? All the cream of the crop will have been snapped up by now, and we'll only have the dregs to choose from where either a) they're useless or b) they have more baggage than a Ryanair holdall.

We're fucked, though I have an idea.

Bring back Neil Webb off his post round to shore up that creaky midfield and the jobs a good 'un.

Perhaps, but then lots of managers have spoken about inflated prices in january.
    Supply and demand and all that. The squad was short at the start of the season as everyone could see, no back up GK, LB, no RB, no experienced CM, only 2 fit strikers. If they didn't want to deal in January it should of been addressed in July.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand
    The whole irony in this, is that, as we are in desperate times we will no doubt end up paying over the odds (in wages), for anyone that does come in.
    Sadly we won't even do that. There's no money avalible to Billy at all untill at least the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    I just want someone to come in.

It's annoying me that Davies has all this ammunition to avoid the blame for our s**tness.
    I know what you mean, the anti seems to have been upped in that department of late. I am not convinced though that repeatedly calling them kids and slating individuals is the way to get the best from the squad. It seems the honeymoon is over.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestNo10
    I feel we'll get 1 or 2 players in on loan so odds of around 1/20,will be 20 on to win £1 profile because ur get ur £20 back aswell.
    How very clever of you ! How did you work that oneout then ?

Banned

Stop this type of post NOW !!!!

We are here to moan, whine , castigate and be as generally negative about Forest as possible. Two clubs moaned about the price Forest offered them, so they must be right and ND/MA wrong, or else there is no point in some of our members existing.

I have yet to see where the players involved have moved on to other clubs willing to match the asking price's, but because the asking price for these players was so reasonable, Forest's offers so derisory, it must only be a matter of time, before they are snapped and leading other sides to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Red
    Remember at school when two teams were picked for a game and you were left at the end with a pair of useless fat c**ts?

Well, isn't this is the situation we now find ourselves in? All the cream of the crop will have been snapped up by now, and we'll only have the dregs to choose from where either a) they're useless or b) they have more baggage than a Ryanair holdall.

We're f**ked, though I have an idea.

Bring back Neil Webb off his post round to shore up that creaky midfield and the jobs a good 'un.
    Nice post mate made me laugh on what was otherwise a crap day back at work surrounded by sheep

We've got two hopes - bob hope and no hope!

I think we will see a couple in.

Not token - Just players its taken us a while to get