Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all those wondering why we haven't bought anyone in...

Default For all those wondering why we haven't bought anyone in...

It appears Billy is going to do something about it:

Billy Davis is on a collision course with Forest’s football consultant David Pleat following an outburst over the failure to sign the players he believes are vital to avoiding relegation.

There were calls for Davies’s sacking only six weeks into the job from fans on phone-ins and websites after Forest’s second defeat in 17 days against their bitter rivals — and their first home league defeat by Derby in 37 years.

But the feisty Scot believes others are to blame because they have not signed players he has targeted or concluded loan deals he has requested. And now the manager is heading for a boardroom showdown about who does what in the transfer market.

After insisting that a ‘lack of numbers’ was the biggest threat to Forest’s survival, he added: ‘The need for new signings was there when I walked in. We’ve missed the preferred option of buying new players and we’re now struggling to get them here on loan.’

The fact that Forest’s bid to land QPR keeper Lee Camp before the game was dismissed as ‘derisory’ and that they baulked at the asking price for several others has convinced Davies he cannot rely on Pleat and chief executive Mark Arthur to deliver.

Pleat missed the drubbing due to a holiday, while Arthur was also away.

‘All I can do is identify the players I believe would help to transform this club,’ added Davies. ‘I’ve no say in the financial situation and it’s up to the people above me to decide whether to pay the money.’

Davies then went on to have a direct dig at Pleat. He said: ‘We have a vastly experienced football consultant in David Pleat and I’m sure his television work all over the continent will put him in prime position to deliver what we need.

‘I reckon Rafa Benitzez has it right. The manager should be given a budget to use in the transfer market and then be left to get on with it himself.’

Davies was just as forthright about his team. He said: ‘Our failure to sign players means we have some in the side who, with all due respect, should not be there. That showed in their lack of experience and failure to compete. We were outplayed and outfought.’

Derby scored from set-piece strikes by Lewin Nyantanga and Rob Hulse and a penalty from Steven Davies for a push on Hulse. Former Derby marksman Rob Earnshaw scored a late consolation for the home side.

With Hulse netting six times in eight games and Kris Commons adding five in 10, Derby now have the most potent strikeforce in the Championship and manager Nigel Clough said: ‘The fact that we have two strikers in form and operating on the same wavelength is why we are able to commit to playing positive, attacking football.

‘It’s amazing to think that Derby last won a league game here when my Dad was the manager.

‘But we’re still a long way from safe and I’m a long way from proving anything about myself as a league manager.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Re: For all those wondering why we haven't bought anyone in...

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand
    It appears Billy is going to do something about it:

Davies then went on to have a direct dig at Pleat. He said: ‘We have a vastly experienced football consultant in David Pleat and I’m sure his television work all over the continent will put him in prime position to deliver what we need.

Ouch

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

Swedish Meatball

Capello did say that this Davies v Pleat argument would be likely to rear its head at some point soon. And here it is.

I don't care who wins the battle to be honest, just as long as we get some quality players in and move up the league table. Not arsed with picking sides in an internal power struggle.

By the way, where is this from?

JOIN ME

you knew the score before billy.

deal with it.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bumgardener - A True American Hero

Ouch
    He's going to have to be a lot more direct if he wants to insult Pleat - he'll simple enough to thinks that's a compliment.

My liking of Billy has just gone up

AKA Randy Bumgardener

I do get a picture that ND looks to Pleat on every football matter. In a way this could be a good thing. We don't want players who will add nothing (look how many players at derby doing nothing now) Although I do also get the impression that Pleat tells ND when and when not to push up the bid. Even if the player is good enough !

We should of spent that bit extra to bring players in. Even if Pleat thought they were overpriced by a few k !

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooijdonks Son
    you knew the score before billy.

deal with it.
    What? You think he knew he'd have to deal with an incompetent "acquisition panel"

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bumgardener - A True American Hero
    I do get a picture that ND looks to Pleat on every football matter. In a way this could be a good thing. We don't want players who will add nothing (look how many players at derby doing nothing now) Although I do also get the impression that Pleat tells ND when and when not to push up the bid. Even if the player is good enough !

We should of spent that bit extra to bring players in. Even if Pleat thought they were overpriced by a few k !
    Would you trust Pleat to operate a calculator?

If that is genuine, and those of legitimate quotes then this is good, just what we have wanted to hear.

Now lets all hope it leads to something constructive.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Interestingly enough, do you think Pleat is still in the mindset of a few years ago when fees were much lower, during his management days maybe. Who knows, he may just not have the transfer knowledge even if he has the football knowledge !

oopsy daisy!

What? You think he knew he'd have to deal with an incompetent "acquisition panel"
    Well - We all did!

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Would you trust Pleat to operate a calculator?
    Yes, if it's like one of them huge colourful ones from primary school

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    Well - We all did!
    lol , It would appear some posters on here think the acquisition panel, are shrewd geniuses.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Fair play to him for this

Charity

But here's an interesting interview with MA from 2004 ! Note the ground expansions and ND's investment !

And a funny quote from vital

''Mark Arthur is as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit'' Bit harsh but a quote I'll remember lol

oopsy daisy!

lol , It would appear some posters on here think the acquisition panel, are shrewd geniuses.
    I can't speak about all of the panel but I do have one of them down as a grade 'A' gold plated tosser.........

In that article it says that we are/were £320 million in debt! I thought it was more like 20 million ish?

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    In that article it says that we are/were £320 million in debt! I thought it was more like 20 million ish?
    That must be absolute b*****ks, how the hell could we of racked up a 1/3 of billion pounds in debt. That would be more than Leeds owed and they were buying £20m players.

Sorry for cross posting, please sign the petition

Billy has a go at the board.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ent-Pleat.html

Sign the petition. (pass it on)
    http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/25553.html

oopsy daisy!

That must be absolute b*****ks, how the hell could we of racked up a 1/3 of billion pounds in debt. That would be more than Leeds owed and they were buying £20m players.
    Alan Rogers chocolate supply and Kris Common's pie binges?

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    The total amount shown as owing to the Chairman is £40.2m. Other than the amount owed to Nottingham City Council referred to above, this is the only significant debt that the club has on its balance sheet.
    From the accounts published in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    Alan Rogers chocolate supply and Kris Common's pie binges?
    Mark Arthur and David Pleats **********s. But seriously, there is no way that figure could be anything near that. High spending premier league clubs wouldn't of racked up that kind of debt.

Hurrah!Now something surely has to give,and the board won't be wanting to sack Davies surely.It was inevitable he was going to rock the boat eventually with his reputation. Hope this is going to force the board into a major rethink about our transfer policys.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    From the accounts published in December.
    So that £320m debt from that article of 2004 must be complete bullshit. Can we ever trust anything that man says?