Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: 4 points from 18

Default 4 points from 18

take away the cup matches as they dont count for shit and we have managed 4 point from a possible 18 with all but 2 of our relegation rivals picking up more points than us, I hope billy finds us somone in the loan market soon as I fear we aint getting out of this one and lets face it I dont think we will come up again from this if we go down again

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: 4 points from 18

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977
    take away the cup matches as they dont count for s**t and we have managed 4 point from a possible 18 with all but 2 of our relegation rivals picking up more points than us, I hope billy finds us somone in the loan market soon as I fear we aint getting out of this one and lets face it I dont think we will come up again from this if we go down again
    Yep we get it, were in poor form.

Let's look at how we had to get those 18 points

Sheff Wed (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    QPR (H)
    Brum (A)
    Ipswich (A)

Derby (H)

All the bold ones are going for promotion and a top 6 finish. We got a point out of those 4 and to be honest I think that is quite impressive with the situation we had. We could've made it easier by bringing in players but against sides of their quality and wealth I don't think it would've been a turning point having 3 or 4 extra heads in the squad I would still have been anticipating losses in all those games.

In the other 2 we have got 3 points out of a potential 6 and with Derby's new found confidence and stability I don't think we should've and didn't have high expectations for a result.

I know it is hard as a fan but we really have to look at the bigger picture. On the way back from Ipswich me and a mate were looking at fixtures and predicting outcomes and this is what I came up with

Reading - L
    Preston - D
    Swansea - L
    Watford - W
    Burnley - L
    Wolves - L
    Barnsley - W
    Bristol - D
    Sheff Utd - L
    Coventry - W
    Blackpool - W
    Southampton - W

That yields a total of 17 additional points which would leave us on 51 points come the end of the season which would reach our 50 point safety target. Now obviously form changes and so do odds and predictions for example Watford are getting the wins recently and Swansea have sliped up of late. Southampton have got a big win which could lead to a run and Reading and Wolves aswell as Preston are all in pretty poor form. So it could change but i do think we can make that 50 point marker quite comfortably whether it is enough or not is a different matter. I just hope Southampton finally go into administration it's a bit over due!!

I agree we can get the points to see us to safety although I reckon we need more than the 50 points, but I dont expect any result out of the n ext few fixtures without additions to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977
    I agree we can get the points to see us to safety although I reckon we need more than the 50 points, but I dont expect any result out of the n ext few fixtures without additions to the squad.
    The change the past few weeks have made is massive. We had written off Soithampton but I think they are now down to 4 points off us. I do however believe they are on the verge of admin and are waiting for their chances of survival to be virtually impossible before they get deducted 10 points i.e. Leeds

We'll stay up.