Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Opinion (and a message to Billy)

Default My Opinion (and a message to Billy)

Right, all 3 goals have been fucking gifts. Not defending crosses into the box is fucking terrible. Morgan and Breckin should be commanding that area. If the defence and most of the fans don't have confidence in Smith then he's got to go. Lee Camp says you know what you've got to do Billy, do the fucker NOW! If having him behind them makes the defence more confident then as a result we'll play better as a team. Also, another loan or two to add a bit of depth would be nice.

On the plus side. I don't think we'll go down. Earnshaw and Anderson are back and I think we'll pick up a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks. Let's have short memories and forget this, get behind the players and stay in this division. Come on Forest!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: My Opinion (and a message to Billy)

Wish I had your confidence mate.

28/02/2009 16:00 A Reading FC
    03/03/2009 20:45 H Preston North End
    07/03/2009 16:00 H Swansea City
    10/03/2009 20:45 A Watford FC
    14/03/2009 16:00 A Burnley FC
    21/03/2009 16:00 H Wolverhampton Wanderers

Where will we pick up points there?

Think we'll beat Preston and Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Left Foot
    Think we'll beat Preston and Watford.
    I hope you are right

5/1 we go down at Corals. That looks a gift price to me.

well, i think that we have a the wrong manager for the job. we have a fast player, small player, and our managers ambition is to huth the ball. it shud be ball into player its wrong man needs sorting out

Camp gives the defence more confident, Smith is good but its what the individuals feel they can do when you have certain players in the team

We're doomed. I can't see us getting even another point any time soon.

weve got to stop this Long Ball stuff , it's amateur

Rice IV

Until near the end of the second half we didn't have one shot on target.

I'm shocked at how bad we actually were.

Talk to me, Goose.

Lee Camp wouldn't have made a difference today. The problem is with the full backs not the goalkeeper. We let the opposition get far too many crosses in which is suicide when you're against players like Hulse.

Im sorry but im sick of people on here trying to stick up for Paul smith.
    When he came back in after camp left he managed to keep a few clean sheets and 2 impressive performances at Man city and charlton, but it looks like we have the same old smith back!

Derbys team is suited to crosses being delivered into the box, whereas we have a keeper who cannot handle that kind of attacking pressure. Yes he is a good keeper who is absolutely brilliant at shot stopping but his when it comes to collecting crosses he is crap!

The game against Ipswich was the same although we didnt get punished when smith failed to come for a cross that was so easily his, instead it piled the pressure on the defence who failed to clear in the end smith made a good save that resulted in a corner when the pressure could have been got rid of.

My last point is one i doubt many will agree on but smith should have collected the cross that resulted in the penalty. But smith should commit to one side or the other which would have resulted in the penalty being saved.

Although i am very critical of smith i also have to point out that the defence also struggles at clearing crosses but it is a lot easier to get rid of one keeper than it is 4 defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    Lee Camp wouldn't have made a difference today. The problem is with the full backs not the goalkeeper. We let the opposition get far too many crosses in which is suicide when you're against players like Hulse.
    Mostly agree with that Baronvon,we do have problems with full backs but I would also replace Smith and Perch, for me all 4 are problem positions that need addressing

Derby were all over us like a bad case of the crabs.

They closed us down, didn't allow us to pass the ball, tackled effectively and succesfully, moved the ball around the field and had us all running around like chickens with our heads up our arses.

I don't want to hear excuses. I want an action plan and new blood. There is no way we will be able to make an impact with what we have, even if we are all fully match fit. We are currently a league apart from our competition and I dare say, probably within the bottom three again.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Official Photographer

It wasn't until we got the ball on the floor and started playing football that we got any joy, their players were bigger and had more experience, stop the long balls down the line and start playing it on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.
    They closed us down, didn't allow us to pass the ball, tackled effectively and succesfully, moved the ball around the field and had us all running around like chickens with our heads up our arses.

I don't want to hear excuses. I want an action plan and new blood. There is no way we will be able to make an impact with what we have, even if we are all fully match fit. We are currently a league apart from our competition and I dare say, probably within the bottom three again.
    I don't like the use of us with "bad dose of crabs"

Quote Originally Posted by pǝɹǝɥʇɯɐpɐ
    Camp gives the defence more confident, Smith is good but its what the individuals feel they can do when you have certain players in the team
    why bring smith back into this ? i thought he did well today i cant remember one instance where a mistake was made, and he only miss kicked one and that was in the last 10minutes...
    we dont need camp, nor can we get him until the end of the season so stop talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by 06harlo
    why bring smith back into this ? i thought he did well today i cant remember one instance where a mistake was made, and he only miss kicked one and that was in the last 10minutes...
    we dont need camp, nor can we get him until the end of the season so stop talking about him.
    Did well today. he had next to nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net.

28/02/2009 16:00 A Reading FC
    03/03/2009 20:45 H Preston North End
    07/03/2009 16:00 H Swansea City
    10/03/2009 20:45 A Watford FC
    14/03/2009 16:00 A Burnley FC
    21/03/2009 16:00 H Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Why have we started kicking off at 4pm?

Central european time

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC1989
    Why have we started kicking off at 4pm?
    Is that when the team arrive.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Physically or mentally

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by Oli-NFFC-9
    Im sorry but im sick of people on here trying to stick up for Paul smith.
    When he came back in after camp left he managed to keep a few clean sheets and 2 impressive performances at Man city and charlton, but it looks like we have the same old smith back!

Derbys team is suited to crosses being delivered into the box, whereas we have a keeper who cannot handle that kind of attacking pressure. Yes he is a good keeper who is absolutely brilliant at shot stopping but his when it comes to collecting crosses he is crap!

The game against Ipswich was the same although we didnt get punished when smith failed to come for a cross that was so easily his, instead it piled the pressure on the defence who failed to clear in the end smith made a good save that resulted in a corner when the pressure could have been got rid of.

My last point is one i doubt many will agree on but smith should have collected the cross that resulted in the penalty. But smith should commit to one side or the other which would have resulted in the penalty being saved.

Although i am very critical of smith i also have to point out that the defence also struggles at clearing crosses but it is a lot easier to get rid of one keeper than it is 4 defenders.
    Smith was the better of the 2 goalkeepers today the biggest factor between the 2 was the pressure on the opposition and the quality of the defence. I am sorry but I don't see how a stupid errors by Chambers (1st goal) and Perch (penalty) is Smith's fault

The 2nd goal was A) never a free kick and B) a good header from a good cross. I see Hulse was unmarked in the box where is the criticism for the defence nowhere to be seen we just expect him to run through a crowded penalty area and collect a cross with a whipped in ball and the defence can just stand there.

I did have a statistic that showed up to the Man City game if you compared appearance to clean sheets, Smith had kept more clean sheets in less appearances compared to Camp. Lee Camp made plenty of errors in his time at the club they seem to go undetected though. In the away league tie against Derby Camp conceded 2 perfectly legitimate goals from crosses, crosses that if Smith were in goal he should've collected. Yes he saved a penalty which is great but that doesn't make him a better keeper. Palace away he managed to concede a goal straight down the middle and low through his goal because he was so out of position. That is disgraceful for any goalkeeper at this level did he get criticised? No.

If we were to bring Camp in then we would be having this conversation a year from now over how crap Camp is. Your expectations of Smith are far too high I think he has done considerably well with that crap that stands in front of him. School boy errors from our defence cost us 3 goals. As usual Smith get's all the crap.

as a derby fan id rather play against paul smith anyday of the week, i hate camp so im not saying it because he is ex derby but he does seem to be the better keeper, he is a bit on the small side but is a very good shot stopper, went off the boil a bit towards the end of his derby career but the first season he played for us he was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T.

Nice to hear someone with his head screwed on.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by superam
    Nice to hear someone with his head screwed on.
    She won't like that comment.