Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Was he that bad?

Default Was he that bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice IV

Default Re: Was he that bad?

I thought he was fantastic, but just unused in our team.

Talk to me, Goose.

Banned

Yes, in fact his attitude was disgraceful.................after being trained and appearing for Manure, life with humble old Nottm Forest may seem a step down, but if you are a quality player you should then stand out....................I thought he was a bone idle git, here to showcase his talents...he is a talented lad who needs to grow up and work hard to show those talents, a thing he failed to do whilst at Forest.

Victor Meldrew

I wish we still had him. We just did not use him right. We farmed him out to the reserves and had him going through the Argos Catalogue looking for a clitoris.

This reminds me. Last night someone bought something and said they had got it from the Argo catalogue. I'll remember what programme this was on in a moment. I think it was a watch.

I think he could of done better here, when he was played.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    I thought he was fantastic, but just unused in our team.
    I think we have nattered about this before Rich............... , Consistency I believe is the quality that lifts the average player above the rest.....ball control, passing ability, vision are all there in a footballer.

Some of them do this two or three times a game and show promise
    Some of them do this half a dozen times a game and become CCC players
    Some of them do it eight/nine times a game and become Run of the Mill Premier League/ CCC players
    Do it a dozen times again week in week out and you become a star, but that takes enormous dedication and hard work.................Did he show these attributes whilst at Forest..I think not.

Scandalous and Shameless

I thought this thread was going to be about Emile Sinclair last night and my answer was going to be a resounding YES!

As for Martin, I don't think he played enough for us for me to comment.

The guy's obviously got talent and ability but a questionable attitude. It's the attitude that makes the difference - look at Chris Eagles who didn't cut it at MU but now looks a real good player at Burnley.

Maybe Billy can get the best out of him??

removed user

clutching at straws here - the guys a bellend. I'd rather get someone who just wants to get their head down and play football, not be a flash harry and strut about the pitch as if you are superior to this level because you play for Man Utd. You won't for much longer son.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Yes, in fact his attitude was disgraceful.................after being trained and appearing for Manure, life with humble old Nottm Forest may seem a step down, but if you are a quality player you should then stand out....................I thought he was a bone idle git, here to showcase his talents...he is a talented lad who needs to grow up and work hard to show those talents, a thing he failed to do whilst at Forest.
    Completely agree and it would seem that at Utd they have similar fears. Many other younger players have overtaken him and broken into first team squad. It may be that he would perform better under BD but we could have been watching anyone at that game. Lazy journalism again.

Full of potential but not enough effort.

Hopefully we were eyeing up Danny Welbeck to ease our striking crisis but somehow I doubt it.

Martin has looked a cut above playing for United's ressies since he got back and in his post-match interview after they played the other night he admitted things weren't panning out the way he hoped and he needed to get his career back on track, especially as at 22 it was clear he wasn't going to make it at Man U.

Like you say BD might be able to get the best out of him, but I fear if he did come back the fans would just cane him before he'd even had 20 minutes to show what he could do.

I think he's a good player in a good team but I'm not sure he's the man for a relegation scrap.

Rice IV

He began to struggle somewhat once the Moose got injured. I think Martin is the sort of player who looks a world beater with good players around him, but looks lazy when he doesn't.

His runs off the ball were often exquisite, but very rarely was he found with a good pass, probably indicative of the level he came from to the level he was playing.

Shame, really, as he does have something special about him.

As Sedge said, though, once he began not getting the good passes to him, and had to actually muck in and do the hard slog, his attitude faded somewhat.

He was an entirely different player awayat Doncaster to what he was at home to Watford, for example.

Notice in his interview after reserve game he spoke about battling and playing as a team etc looks like a calculated response to criticism of his selfishness etc. I doubt if he returned he would get stick, we are so desperate for players he would be welcomed with open arms. Wigan had a couple of good young experienced Polish players in that game Cywka and Kupisz, both attacking players.

Rice # 42

Good call Nige.
    I understand that is exactly how he was off the pitch too. However just before he left he had changed his attitude considerably, and had
    mended a few broken bridges with other staff members.

Every time a player doesn't set the world alight at Forest, it's down to "attitude" problems!

I think it's something else. Perhaps us just not having a balanced team, players not being able to get a good run in the team and over expectations and pressure from fans.

Banned

I would like to see Martin playing under BD as the manager.

He would know the score, and not be influenced by the lazy tossers we have in the team.

I wouldn't say he is lazy, he did track back and do his fair share of work for the team which is more than what can be said for McGugan.

However he just didn't get a decent run of games together, the thing is even in a bad game he always looked like he could produce something from nowhere.

agree with that. He undoubtedly had talent but did nothing appear massively interested in committing to Forest, unlike Anderson who gives his all despite not being our player.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Ben
    I wouldn't say he is lazy, he did track back and do his fair share of work for the team which is more than what can be said for McGugan.

However he just didn't get a decent run of games together, the thing is even in a bad game he always looked like he could produce something from nowhere.
    Although I thought on his day he was a brilliant player that old excuse just doesn't work an excuse used to often to hide the real excuses. He was a sure starter from the off and had PLENTY of chances to keep his place in the side.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by weasel
    agree with that. He undoubtedly had talent but did nothing appear massively interested in committing to Forest, unlike Anderson who gives his all despite not being our player.
    Good call that re Anderson, a direct comparison of loanee's at the club.