Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: How long would Clough have lasted?

Default How long would Clough have lasted?

I never start threads on here because there's usually enough drivel to jump in & have a banter BUT. I was just wondering....

Had the late great Brian Clough been appointed manager this January & not BD, just how long would it have been before you the fans turned on him?

How long before you were calling him a big headed sod who shouldn't comment in the press about his players?

How long before you lot slagged him off because we lost a couple of games?

Let me give those of you who are too young to have been around at the time. Brian got exactly the same slagging off as BD is getting now in the early months of his reign, he would slag players in the press without giving a second thought if he felt it was the best way to motivate the player.

So think on, had he been appointed now, would you all be slagging the greatest manager ever to grace the world of football??

Probably

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: How long would Clough have lasted?

Of course. But that's hindsight for you.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Rubbish - I remember when Cloughy came and we were in total awe of him. We had years of living in the shadow of the sheep and had watched a succession of our best players leave (and we had a few!!!!). Ian Moore, Terry Hennessey, Henry Newton, Peter Cormack, Dunc McKenzie to name just a few. We felt grateful that Clough had decided to join us - we felt it couldn't be worse than we had in the past, even if it went pear-shaped under him. I think I understand what the thread comment is about - for goodness sake everyone - STOP BEING SO PATHETICALLY NEGATIVE and GET BEHIND THE REDS!!!!!!!

That's surely more like saying how would we be reacting if Sir Alex was appointed.

Best manager in the country, dropping down a division to a struggling team. I think we would all be delighted actually

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN
    Rubbish - I remember when Cloughy came and we were in total awe of him. We had years of living in the shadow of the sheep and had watched a succession of our best players leave (and we had a few!!!!). Ian Moore, Terry Hennessey, Henry Newton, Peter Cormack, Dunc McKenzie to name just a few. We felt grateful that Clough had decided to join us - we felt it couldn't be worse than we had in the past, even if it went pear-shaped under him. I think I understand what the thread comment is about - for goodness sake everyone - STOP BEING SO PATHETICALLY NEGATIVE and GET BEHIND THE REDS!!!!!!!
    Point number 1 - It's not me being negative, far from it, I'm trying to prove a point to those that are

Point number 2 - Take off the rose tinted reading glasses & cast your mind back. In the early months of his reign at Forest, people got on his back when results weren't the best but he managed to avoid the club being relegated. The rest as they say is history