Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trio of Posh players...

Ale ape.

Default Trio of Posh players...

...Forest scout was at London Road on Saturday. Thanks to the missus' eagle-eyes, he was making notes on Aaron McLean, Craig Mackail-Smith and George Boyd...whether that means we're lining up a summer bid, or what ridiculous sum on money it would take to get the Posh to part with one or all of their crown jewels, I don't know...but thought I'd pass on what I know.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

Default Re: Trio of Posh players...

They'd be ridiculously over-priced!

I'd have any of them, though Boyd and McKail-Smith in particular give me a chub.

How about a Tyson-esque deal, loan until the end of the season with a price agreed for season end. that way Posh are remunerated and we can have them until the end of the season.

Also, Congo, you probably know better than me, but I gather that McLean and McKail-Smith have the same agent, who is agitating to get them out of Peterborough after Ferguson quoted £10million on a joint deal in the window. Apparently they are unhappy to have been overpriced and want to leave...? Do you know anything?

No chance until the summer with Posh pushing hard for promotion. If they don't get promoted then expect London Road to be besieged by clubs interested in these three.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaune Card Darcheville
    Also, Congo, you probably know better than me, but I gather that McLean and McKail-Smith have the same agent, who is agitating to get them out of Peterborough after Ferguson quoted £10million on a joint deal in the window. Apparently they are unhappy to have been overpriced and want to leave...? Do you know anything?
    Yes on the McLean front, no on the Mackail-Smith front.

McLean grew unhappy last summer when his agent started making some pretty ridiculous demands - for example 'image rights'! - Then he was priced out of a move to Wolves. He has put this behind him though and signed a new four-year deal not long after the season started.

Mackail-Smith was reportedly unhappy shortly after agreeing his move to Posh and tried to back out of the deal, when he learned that Sunderland had been interested. He's shown no signs on unhappiness since coming to the club though and is currently in a relationship with Barry Fry's daughter. He'd probably be the hardest of the three to convince to move...

Boyd on the other hand is beginning to look unhappy on the pitch after taking some criticism from his own fans of late...

Boyd is awesome on FM! How good is he in real life?

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Caly In Our Alley
    Boyd is awesome on FM! How good is he in real life?
    Very, very good. If I had to pick out one player in League 1 who could play in the Premiership, it would be him. Makes the game look so easy and effortless that he is often (wrongly) accused of being lazy. Has every skill and trick in the book and is a lethal shot from distance, plus bags of creativity and flair.

The only downside to him, is that a team has to alter their strategy to accomodate him. He's mostly played left-wing for Posh, but doesn't really have the pace to be an out-and-out winger, plus he tends to drift inside a lot. He's also played up-front, but isn't a natural finisher. He also lacks the physical strength to play in the centre of midfield. Probably best employed in a 'free-role' or 'in the hole' but most teams currently use formations which preclude that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Congo_Red
    Yes on the McLean front, no on the Mackail-Smith front.

McLean grew unhappy last summer when his agent started making some pretty ridiculous demands - for example 'image rights'! - Then he was priced out of a move to Wolves. He has put this behind him though and signed a new four-year deal not long after the season started.

Mackail-Smith was reportedly unhappy shortly after agreeing his move to Posh and tried to back out of the deal, when he learned that Sunderland had been interested. He's shown no signs on unhappiness since coming to the club though and is currently in a relationship with Barry Fry's daughter. He'd probably be the hardest of the three to convince to move...

Boyd on the other hand is beginning to look unhappy on the pitch after taking some criticism from his own fans of late...
    Is she fit ?

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    Is she fit ?
    I don't really see it myself, but the mere mention of her name causes mass drooling amongst Posh fans in their late teens/early 20s.

What's the point of talking about these guys ? No way in hell will we be able to afford them.

If Wolves cannot afford them , Forest definitely can't especially as we can't even fork out an extra 100-300k for players during the january transfer window.

Amazing how you are privy to the exact figures discussed, offered etc dring the transfer window.....you dont know what BD will do in the summer, what money he has or what he will raise.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99
    What's the point of talking about these guys ? No way in hell will we be able to afford them.

If Wolves cannot afford them , Forest definitely can't especially as we can't even fork out an extra 100-300k for players during the January transfer window.
    am i wrong in thinking we was the championships biggest spender in the summer as far as finances are concerned we a one of he best off teams outside the championship which is a result of not spending a extra 100-300k on players that's not worth it

If i remember right.fat fry said to wolves,wolves would need to bid around 5m to get Aaron McLean.
    we may stand a chance with Boyd but the other 2 posh want 2 much for both.
    maybe we're seeing what we'll be up against next year if posh come up.

nakkernino del clusto

None are good enough, especially Mcclean.

Clusternakker, why have you got a video of an anorexic for your sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Caly In Our Alley
    Clusternakker, why have you got a video of an anorexic for your sig?
    Sickly

nakkernino del clusto

Its just a gif, Its from Black Snake Moan, finally got round to watching it a few nights ago, good film.

Quote Originally Posted by Congo_Red
    I don't really see it myself, but the mere mention of her name causes mass drooling amongst Posh fans in their late teens/early 20s.
    I'd be interested to see a picture of said lady

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    Its just a gif, Its from Black Snake Moan, finally got round to watching it a few nights ago, good film.
    What a sig you've got now. A work of art. Oh I say..

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    I'd be interested to see a picture of said lady
    [img width=600 height=400]http://www.fcpix.co.uk/digital/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=35962 &g2_serialNumber=10[/img]

Needless to say - the one on the right.

Hello. Posh fan here.

To put things right - first, Amber Fry is a minger. I wouldn't touch her with any of yours.

McLean and CMS are excellent players, whose real strength is their work rate. Believe it or not, despite their goalscoring records, both are quite poor finishers.

Boyd, however, is an excellent player - your correspondent has summed him up quite well.

Fortunately for us, we have a rich chairman, so it is likely to take the best part of £20m to shift the three of them - and other than Boyd, they are not in that price bracket. In other words, we are not selling.

Seriously though, if they were to leave, it would be to a far better club than Forest. There is every chance we will be playing a level above you next year.

nakkernino del clusto

lol

Quagmire, are you responding to this cos it was posted on londonroad.net? since you're probably still here and saves me the trouble of looking up.......where did Posh get these three players from?

Quote Originally Posted by EssexRed
    Quagmire, are you responding to this cos it was posted on londonroad.net? since you're probably still here and saves me the trouble of looking up.......where did Posh get these three players from?
    Mclean was released by Aldershot, went to Grays Athletic, I think, then onto Posh.

He is definitely not good enough for Championship football in my opinion. Lightening quick but not a great finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by EssexRed
    McLean was from Grays. Shame, because we were supposed to sign Kightly with him. Cost about £100k.

CMS was from Daggers and cost £125k.

Boyd was from Stevenage for a conference record £260k.

I don't actually think that we'll be above you next year, but it is quite possible.