Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: Embodiment

  1. #26
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    51,199

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It’s just a googled image Baz not sure who or where it is, but it captures a period. I’m guessing Huddersfield v Leeds early/mid eighties, I remember one particular year around that time Leeds caused havoc everywhere. Including setting a burger van on fire at Bradford and pushing it down the terrace.
    The italians love throwing stuff down terracing





  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    28,561

    Default Re: Embodiment




  4. #28
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    51,199

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Fcuking hell, thats mad


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    7,902

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Christopher Biggins has lost some weight.
    But not that much


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

  6. #30
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,479

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    They set fire to a burger van at Bradford. In 1986. A year after the Bradford fire.

    And they wonder why everyone hates them. Scum.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #31
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    12,624

    Default Re: Embodiment

    I always admired the way Oliver Reed lived his life. My Tyler Durden. I'm too timid and repressed.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  8. #32
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    87,033

    Default Re: Embodiment

    When I was a young man, my heroes were the likes of James Hunt and Barry Sheene.

    Posters of both adorned my wall, and they were an absolute pair of lads, competing in high-risk sport, and the absolute embodiment of confidence:







    ĄI believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialismď

    ó Joe Strummer

  9. #33
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    15,809

    Default Re: Embodiment

    My heroes were the lads from Jackass and Dirty Sanchez. Explains a lot actually

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  10. #34
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    15,809

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Although this guy has been my hero since I was young and sneaking my grandads vhs tapes of his stand up into the player.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  11. #35

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Although this guy has been my hero since I was young and sneaking my grandads vhs tapes of his stand up into the player.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    My mate's read his autobiography, and reckons he got bummed a fair bit.

    That true?


  12. #36
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    15,809

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    My mate's read his autobiography, and reckons he got bummed a fair bit.

    That true?
    In what sense?

    I have all of his books. His latest is the only book that has made me laugh out loud

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    12,166

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    My mate's read his autobiography, and reckons he got bummed a fair bit.

    That true?
    He admits to being abused as a kid but to what extent I don't know.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  14. #38

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    In what sense?

    I have all of his books. His latest is the only book that has made me laugh out loud

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Yeah, as Lefka says, I think one of his family touched him up.

    Just had a Google and it was his dad..

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-20920274


  15. #39
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    15,809

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Ah right that kind. I did think you meant that but didn't want to kill the positive vibe

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  16. #40
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,332

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    My heroes were the lads from Jackass and Dirty Sanchez. Explains a lot actually

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Iíve had a drink with Matthew Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez, my mate was (wait for it) the Health and safety officer on the show

    Oh FFS.

  17. #41
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    15,809

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    Iíve had a drink with Matthew Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez, my mate was (wait for it) the Health and safety officer on the show
    Brilliant teenage me is proper jealous

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  18. #42
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    51,199

    Default Re: Embodiment

    I thought he looked borderline addict when he was on Sanchez but I read hed proper sorted him self out, gone all Keith on us... fair play to him he always seemed a decent guy

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  19. #43
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    15,809

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I thought he looked borderline addict when he was on Sanchez but I read hed proper sorted him self out, gone all Keith on us... fair play to him he always seemed a decent guy

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Did it say what they are all doing now? I know 2 of them used to do live shows abroad for a bit

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  20. #44

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Itís just a googled image Baz not sure who or where it is, but it captures a period. Iím guessing Huddersfield v Leeds early/mid eighties, I remember one particular year around that time Leeds caused havoc everywhere. Including setting a burger van on fire at Bradford and pushing it down the terrace.
    I googled it too. They reckon here that it's Brighton v Sheffield United - https://footballviolence.wordpress.c...eld-utd-80s-2/


  21. #45
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    28,561

    Default Re: Embodiment

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I googled it too. They reckon here that it's Brighton v Sheffield United - https://footballviolence.wordpress.c...eld-utd-80s-2/
    It could be the Goldstone Ground looking at it. Funny bit of trivia; Sheff Utd claim they’re started the tache trend on the terraces in the 80’s


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •