Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fans Allowed Back in October?

Default Re: Fans Allowed Back in October?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    So you think everyone is going to filter in/out the ground in a nice safe distance or queue in an orderly fashion at half time for the bogs and refreshments. Crowds of that size shouldn’t be allowed till a vaccine has been tried and tested. It’s enough the piss heads in the pubs are spreading the China virus like wildfire
    Anyone worried about that can stay home if they want, the rest of us should be able to carry on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Anyone worried about that can stay home if they want, the rest of us should be able to carry on.
    You do realise that the spread of the virus isn't only restricted to inside the ground?
    You go to the ground, pick it up, next time you see your old nan, she gets it and passes it on to her friend Ethel, Ethel passes it to her daughter who passes it on to the rest of her family, they start passing it on to everyone in their little bubble who pass it on to people who they come into contact with.
    Before you know it, your nan and Ethel are in hospital with a poor chance of survival but it's OK because we went to football.
    This ain't the time for "me".

And that's exactly the attitude that will kill thousands more people. Ne mind eh

GOD

Yes of course because people with the virus have a big orange sign above their heads

The rest of you canít carry on without spreading the infection, itís a simple as that.

GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    You do realise that the spread of the virus isn't only restricted to inside the ground?
    You go to the ground, pick it up, next time you see your old nan, she gets it and passes it on to her friend Ethel, Ethel passes it to her daughter who passes it on to the rest of her family, they start passing it on to everyone in their little bubble who pass it on to people who they come into contact with.
    Before you know it, your nan and Ethel are in hospital with a poor chance of survival but it's OK because we went to football.
    I have two friends , both say they are not worried about the virus as they are fit and healthy and it would t effect them
    Neither of them are thick, they just donít get that they can be a carrier and be spreading it around like the clap when the navy is in town.

I've said this before, the worry is how long can clubs continue to operate with no crowds?
    Sure, that tenner a match through iFollow helps (actually, they only get £7). But it is half of the average ticket price. And even with full ticket prices most clubs are losing money.
    So what is the answer for the immediate future? Just continue as is and let many clubs in all sports go to the wall? Or pushing fans back into grounds to get revenue in?

It is a tough call either way.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    I've said this before, the worry is how long can clubs continue to operate with no crowds?
    Sure, that tenner a match through iFollow helps (actually, they only get £7). But it is half of the average ticket price. And even with full ticket prices most clubs are losing money.
    So what is the answer for the immediate future? Just continue as is and let many clubs in all sports go to the wall? Or pushing fans back into grounds to get revenue in?

If it isn't possible to generate the revenue for clubs to survive it's just tough. Businesses are falling left right and centre. Massively more hardship outside football. It's survival of the fittest buisness wise. Diversify and survive if you can.

If you can't. Well, at least you may still be alive to see out your days a bit poorer

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Bit hard to support the team if you're dead.
    Not to mention the chance of infecting other people.

Silly mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post

Wages need to be bought into line with income.

It's all about mid-table...

This.

They'll fukin learn one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    This.

They'll fukin learn one day.
    I don't think they will...

I agree. But I can't see it happening in the immediacy. Certainly not for the forthcoming season.

Senior Doom Monger

Trouble is wages are fixed in a contract.
    Income isn't fixed.

The Foam Hand

I can’t see me going back this year at least even if I’m allowed to.
    We’ve seen numerous examples already of crowds failing to distance and even less so when there is alcohol involved. The concourse in upper BC is always ridiculously congested and I just can’t see how that can be avoided unless they limit tickets per stand.

Little Italy, aka Bakersfield, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I canít see me going back this year at least even if Iím allowed to.
    Weíve seen numerous examples already of crowds failing to distance and even less so when there is alcohol involved. The concourse in upper BC is always ridiculously congested and I just canít see how that can be avoided unless they limit tickets per stand.
    I think masked-up fans, heavily-restricted in numbers and with very limited access to enclosed areas will be the eventual starting-point Bryn.

The big problem for normally well-attended clubs will be finding a fair way to allow all season-ticket-holders who wish to attend, the opportunity to do so.

In acres of space

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I can’t see me going back this year at least even if I’m allowed to.
    We’ve seen numerous examples already of crowds failing to distance and even less so when there is alcohol involved. The concourse in upper BC is always ridiculously congested and I just can’t see how that can be avoided unless they limit tickets per stand.
    The cramped concourses in the BC stand are a real hindrance to a socially distanced return for fans in the stadium.

It’s hard to imagine Forest being able to allow 21k season ticket holders back in.

However, they could make use of the absence to get a new PT stand built...

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Bringing Sammy C to his new spiritual home

I'm still not convinced that the apparent increase in cases is not just a function of increased and more targeted testing, if indeed it is happening, since the previous testing wasn't as reliable people who had it wouldn't be tested.

Considering also that the number of deaths appears to be pre-lockdown levels, and that the number in hospitals is currently low and not seemingly affected by the "increase" in cases, it certainly doesn't seem to be as dangerous as before.

Quite possibly the schools going back would maybe cause an uptick in cases, which is probably why they are being ultra-cautious now as a lot is open and people are going on holidays, hence the face coverings. But this isn't abnormal, the start of the school year and around christmas is usual time for bugs to go around (usually colds and noro) but there are more strains of these than a virus a lot of us have probably had and not realised.

If this doesn't kick off again you could quite easily see fans going back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post

If this doesn't kick off again you could quite easily see fans going back this year.
    I bloody hope you are right. I'm so pinning my hopes on being back at the city ground before my birthday in January.

Personally I think the only reason that the outbreak of covid in the UK has been controlled slightly is the efforts of the people themselves. Every attempt by the Government to change control the spread has failed.

And now the people are relaxing due to the confusing messages from our leaders, the incidence is starting to spike all over the place.

I reckon an unruly mob descending on football grounds every week, boozed up and pushing to get seated, will pretty soon see the outbreak rocket back up.

If we get the crowds back before next May we'll be lucky. Which could mean a drastic change in FFP, to ensure money coming in is sufficient to keep the league going, and the televising of games to ensure an income for clubs; I don't suppose there are official figures for i-Follow, but I'm sure they weren't anywhere near enough to support the clubs for any length of time.