Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 40: Bristol City Fan Comments

Default Matchday 40: Bristol City Fan Comments

I suspect*a fair number of us over 45ers can remember the day we got a result in the cup at the City ground. I am saying this from pure memory. The most vivid part of the trip north was when we scored, someone help me out and say who - Barnard?, I was at the front of the long stand. I jumped for joy ripping a 6' gash in my new green cords. Plus a bit*of blood later I recovered my sense of balance and thought for a while we were invincible.

Paul*Mardon if you mean*the League cup semi 89.

And*John Pender but at the wrong end.

A fantastic*night. I can still recall to this very day the Forest fans giving it large. When Mardon scored, it was awesome. I have to say that night we were brilliant and you*had to feel for John Pender. All in all, it was brilliant.

Looks*like itís hoofball time with that lineup.

I bet*O'Dowda will open the score with a bicycle kick and Williams will make it 0-2* with a header from midfield. Then Grabban will score a hat-trick and celebrate by dancing with*Samba.

I think*the bench would beat the starting eleven.

Cmon*Forest. I want him gone.

Bristol*City TV is educational as ever. It turns out that Nottingham Forest used to*managed by*retired sports commentator Barry Davies...

Matty*Cash not booked*for that is quite incredible.

Shocking decision.

Amazing*decision, borderline*red.

It was a red!

In the*Prem with VAR could easily been red.

Own*up who paid Cash to take out Odowda...

Who*are Florest showing the game on the main screen for?

Suspect*the honest answer is the money from running the sponsorship ads...

Excellent start so far.

Come on you reds.

Forest are in red.

We*need to score before half time. Nottingham will be better*second half.

Forest aren't pressing at all, feels like they want us to attack.

City*have*played well, but Forest are also used to not having the ball and countering. Don't think they'll be too upset with how the game has gone so far*- we need to make our possession count and get a goal.

Excellent first half, even if we only created half chances, nothing from them.

We*are playing*welll, but i fear this*has got 1-0 Forest written all over it. Worth noting they have*scored 2/3 of their goals in the second half of games.

That's the spirit.

Forest*giving surprisingly lots of space and time, and we are using it well. Lots of running and movement. Forest look poor today, we look better than the last 2 games.

Forest*are so*boring to watch. Sit back with their big centre backs and try and hit on break. And they look dangerous on corners. Very systematic in how they play.

Forest*have swapped what wing Ameobi is on. Expect quite a few high diagonal balls to him to try and take advantage of his height advantage over Jay.

Free*kick somewhere we really don't want to concede one.

1 - 0 Forest.

Stupid*challenge from Weimann, hard work undone like that.

A good*FK but can't help feel it was gifted.

Harsh on us.

Was*very*good free kick but we don't deserve it.

Stupid*challenge by Weimann when they had lost possession*

Ridiculous, heíd*lost the ball and heís on a yellow. No need at all.

And*thatís why you have to score when youíre on top. Always always always. Better first half and look what it got us, one shot on target.

Fail*to capitalise on multiple chances...
    They get one.....
    Not really multiple chances, just decent build up*play.

This*thread gets infinitely busier when weíre losing. Sad really.

It's*not as if we have been creating chances and Samba has been pulling worldies*out of his arse, or desparste defending is saving goals, we*have created half chances and nothing more.

People*saying we don't deserve to be losing are wrong, teams*of quality like Forest are always going to have opportunities to score and they were always likely to take one, we have played well but as always this not reflected in chances created, we create very little opportunities and as result don't and haven't scored enough.

Ah*yes,*Williams. The professional older cool head.

What*an*idiot.

Ashley*Williams. Please **** off out of our club. Second stupid red this season.

Williams*is a **** but a push in the chest is not a red.

Unfortunate*that he elbowed him in the face then really.

Williams*gets a Red but the Forest lad who kicked COD in the face didnít even get spoken to

Dry your eyes. That's football.

First*half was very good but*didnt look like scoring. Second half alot poorer but didnt look like scoring.

Did*we really play well during the first half No goals and no good chances.

Forest*sat*back first half. We dominated but didn't really have a chance. Second half Forest seemed to press a bit more and caused us more problems. Afobe sitter though. Has to score that.

Radio*Nottingham : "that*was a match of mediocrity"

Undeserved loss.

There*are games where you do everything but score, keep is pulling saves out all over the place, you hit the post, bar and then you get done. That is an undeserved loss, a game where you barely create any chances despite playing*OK, and then you conceded a goal is really not.

Did their keeper make a save?

Their*Keeper didnít make a save. Typical Forest performance. They let us have the ball in midfield.

He*made some sandwiches and a pot of tea during the match.

I dont*think you can judge on 45 minutes, especially against a very defensive*side who also happen to be one of the best sides in the league.

Quite*funny to hear the BBC Notts commentators endlessly talking about what a poor game it was and I was thinking*this is one of the more interesting city games I've watched recently.* We really have become accustomed to a terrible standard of football.

We may have only had one chance but Forest*are a decent outfit and City restricted them to one*shot on target - the sublime free kick that won them the game.

Thatís*their style , playing on the counter. They played a waiting game and didnít need to get into top gear to win it.

Forest look like a team on the up, well organised and put away their only free kick in a dangerous area, it is a skill gaining a result when you are not playing well.

Lamouchi*is great at letting you have it and then squeezing you into half of the pitch when you go past the halfway*line. *He suffocates you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 40: Bristol City Fan Comments

Some decent comments from them, insightful occasionally too.

Forest look like a team on the up, well organised and put away their only free kick in a dangerous area, it is a skill gaining a result when you are not playing well.
    Lamouchi*is great at letting you have it and then squeezing you into half of the pitch when you go past the halfway*line. *He suffocates you.
    Dry your eyes. That's football.

-- It's our time. Do your job, give your best, and no regrets at the end!

They've got some very reasonable supporters going off those comments. I quite like Bristol, they've got some really good players. I hope their fortunes change next season and they're able to shake off the post Christmas slump that seems to hit them every season, like it has us most seasons in the last decade.

Thanks for posting Calvin, much appreciated.

Ale ape.

Great work as ever Calv.

Seems like a fair bunch of comments, although the omit the other incidents that they got away with. Conveniently.

In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Fair comments.

Probably a bit too kind to Forest really and have a bit too much credit for us sitting back where I donít think the intention was for them to get in the positions they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    They've got some very reasonable supporters going off those comments. I quite like Bristol, they've got some really good players. I hope their fortunes change next season and they're able to shake off the post Christmas slump that seems to hit them every season, like it has us most seasons in the last decade.
    nah, fuck em

Hopefully they can part ways with that irritating midget.

"Williams*is a **** but a push in the chest is not a red"

how many flagons of scrumpy cider had this tool drunk during the game

Thanks for posting Calvin.

Bristol*City TV is educational as ever. It turns out that Nottingham Forest used to*managed by*retired sports commentator Barry Davies...
    Alf won't be happy they got them mixed up

We may have only had one chance but Forest*are a decent outfit and City restricted them to one*shot on target - the sublime free kick that won them the game.
    We're decent - it makes a change from the average team tag usually applied to us.

Quite*funny to hear the BBC Notts commentators endlessly talking about what a poor game it was and I was thinking*this is one of the more interesting city games I've watched recently.* We really have become accustomed to a terrible standard of football.
    They must be bad at the moment.

A couple of very knowledgeable fans amongst that lot who know what we are about this season.

Default Matchday 40: Bristol City Fan Comments

Interesting they all kicked off about cash on OíDowda but no one talks about the literal blood pouring from Cash and Yates faces

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Interesting they all kicked off about cash on O’Dowda but no one talks about the literal blood pouring from Cash and Yates faces
    Thought the one on Cash was a disgrace. There was absolutely no chance of controlling that ball and the boot up there was clear dangerous play.

.k I m
    I m u mm

"The Suffocator" My kind of superhero!

Thanks Calvin. Thought that was a well-balanced set of comments; perhaps the City supporters have given up on promotion for this season and are concentrating on the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post

It sounds more deadly than his role model Sacchi being known as "The Conductor"

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Thought the one on Cash was a disgrace. There was absolutely no chance of controlling that ball and the boot up there was clear dangerous play.
    Absolutely. Got worse and worse every time they replayed it. Ball is practically out of play already, Weimann had no chance of stopping it, and his boot is really high. Also caught Cash flush in the face, unlike the Cash challenge of OíDowda which caught him somewhere around the chest area.

Yates one was just Yatesy being brave and putting his head in the mixer. It happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post

Yes I like it, "Sabri the Suffocator will snuff out Coco the clown".

Senior Doom Monger

Cheers Calv.
    Great comment about Samba not having to make a save and "making sandwiches and a cup of tea"... Samba is getting a reputation as a character.

I'm sure Brice had to make a few routine saves. He certainly wasn't scatching his arse all match.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post

Forest*are so*boring to watch. Sit back with their big centre backs and try and hit on break.
    Cry me a river.

*is great at letting you have it and then squeezing you into half of the pitch when you go past the halfway*line. *He suffocates you.
    Inject it!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jack View Post
    Cry me a river.

Inject it!

Cheers Calvin a good read as usual, hopefully your next post will have a load of bleating sheep moaning about our mid table team beating them.

The Foam Hand

I like that.

Thanks for posting Calvin

Excellent start so far.

Come on you reds.

Forest are in red.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]