Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Fawaz Al Hasawi

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    7,196

    Default Fawaz Al Hasawi

    For want of another thread in a better location....

    Paul Taylor reports in the Athletic that Arsher Ali has created a sitcom series called ‘Fit & Proper Persons’ based loosely on the Al Hasawi era at Forest, which he’s pitching to major networks.

    Not sure if that makes me laugh or feel incredible sadness.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    3,132

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Thing is, I don't think his intentions were bad, nor his passion for the club. He just wasn't very good at his job.


  4. #3
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    It's a good article, I don't think I'll ever get over how poisonous and damaging that year with BD was. A dingbat with a blank cheque book and a couple of blokes who'd rather spit venom than drink milk.


  5. #4
    bad guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    2,321

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Thing is, I don't think his intentions were bad, nor his passion for the club. He just wasn't very good at his job.
    The man had absolutely no passion for Forest, only for himself.

    His intentions weren't bad in so far as they were only ever to boost his own ego, and at that time Forest were the way to do it.

    The man's an utter charlatan and was a completely inept owner of this football club and thank fuck he's not here any more.


  6. #5

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    A dickhead who didn't hear the word "No" enough during his formative years.
    That fucking prick Emad though........


  7. #6
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,233

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Hope it doesn’t get picked up. I’d rather it stayed where it was as a footnote than got the attention

    Oh FFS.

  8. #7
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    18,129

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Get it out there.

    Anything that shows up the way rich childlike idiotic owners are allowed to help ruin a working class game and manipulate thousands of genuine supporters' dreams gets my vote.


  9. #8
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,545

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    All the farcical nonsense, stupid decisions, unprofessionalism & everything else........

    All worth it for "OK Spiderman"

    But seriously, fuck him now, he's gone. EM's got his flaws, but at least we're headed in a better direction.


  10. #9
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    85,790

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    The piece on that website is brilliant and well worth a read if you’ve access.

    It does set out how gullible Fawaz was, and the destructive influence of people like Jim Price.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  11. #10
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,233

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    The piece on that website is brilliant and well worth a read if you’ve access.

    It does set out how gullible Fawaz was, and the destructive influence of people like Jim Price.
    Any way of getting it without subscribing? Think there was on some of the other articles you mentioned Chris?


  12. #11
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    16,163

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    I thought his reaction to the Osborn goal in the Derby directors box spoke volumes, I think his passion for the club was palpable if a "little" misguided.

    Box office & inept don't really go hand in hand if you want your club run properly though. I remember tapping in on a conversation Gary Brazil had on the way to the Trent end along the lines of Fawaz believing money & big names was all it needed to get to the big league at the first attempt.

    Naivety personified, badly advised, but with his heart in the right place, its tough to dig him out to the point some have.


  13. #12
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,545

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I thought his reaction to the Osborn goal in the Derby directors box spoke volumes, I think his passion for the club was palpable if a "little" misguided.

    Box office & inept don't really go hand in hand if you want your club run properly though. I remember tapping in on a conversation Gary Brazil had on the way to the Trent end along the lines of Fawaz believing money & big names was all it needed to get to the big league at the first attempt.

    Naivety personified, badly advised, but with his heart in the right place, its tough to dig him out to the point some have.
    I get folk hating him coz of his actions, I don't get the hate for him as a person tho. It's like hating on a dumb dog who shits everywhere all the time coz he knows no better.

    He did fuck us up though, and he should have gone after the Pearce sacking.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,457

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    When we viewed the gold taps and Natalie cooing over his supposed wealth, it all seemed fine and dandy and a rosy future beckoned.

    Didn't take long for the façade to slip and the whole house to come tumbling down, though.

    I'd almost forgotten him, leave him as a footnote to history and let's move on.


  15. #14
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    85,790

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    Any way of getting it without subscribing? Think there was on some of the other articles you mentioned Chris?
    Mostly it’s subscription only, although they do sometimes have offers on the subscription costs.

    I have to say though, as a subscriber, it’s well worth it.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    7,196

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Mostly it’s subscription only, although they do sometimes have offers on the subscription costs.

    I have to say though, as a subscriber, it’s well worth it.
    Seconded. For 5 quid a month or whatever it is, it’s well worth it.

    The content across the whole site is fantastic.


  17. #16
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,233

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Read it now, not too worried about the sitcom being picked up as I think it would be shit.


  18. #17
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    85,790

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Ok Spiderman


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Kimberley
    Posts
    205

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    If anyone wants to read the article you can find it here (Warning! it means visiting Vital):

    https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/t...person.105213/


  20. #19
    bad guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    2,321

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Gonad View Post
    If anyone wants to read the article you can find it here (Warning! it means visiting Vital):

    https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/t...person.105213/
    Freedman:

    "It was disappointing when he ended things because I honestly believe I was close to getting things right at Forest. One more summer — without an embargo — would have made a massive difference."

    Shame he never mentioned this at the time


  21. #20

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Pickford View Post
    Freedman:

    "It was disappointing when he ended things because I honestly believe I was close to getting things right at Forest. One more summer — without an embargo — would have made a massive difference."

    Shame he never mentioned this at the time
    It would have made a massive difference to me.
    A murder charge.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,457

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Anything decent in the media these days needs a subscription and by the time you've laid out for the TV licence, all the subscription channels, several newspapers and websites and numerous other expenses (such as Spotify), that's more than my pension can stand.

    Life was so much simpler when we didn't have a car, a TV, a phone or an inside toilet. And a run on toilet paper meant that someone had mislaid the Radio Times.


  23. #22
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    16,163

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Gonad View Post
    If anyone wants to read the article you can find it here (Warning! it means visiting Vital):

    https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/t...person.105213/
    Say what you like about Fawaz, but if we're honest, none of us can afford a butler who just carries around small chocolate bars.

    I want one.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    9,253

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    A dickhead who didn't hear the word "No" enough during his formative years.
    That fucking prick Emad though........
    Emad tweeting about firing Psycho before it happened was the absolute lowest point.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  25. #24

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    He was tweeting about ongoing talks with Dan Petrescu while Pearce was in the job, still sometime before Pearce was sacked I think, and seemed to think this would generate excitement.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,402

    Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi

    So the 'iconic' manager they wanted turned out to be Steve Coppell?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •