Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 552

Thread: Season Tickets - Refund?

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    It's a small world the council world pal, word gets about. However, looking at some of your posts on other topics....you know best.
    Leaving my hard-earned gobshite reputation to one side, what you're essentially saying is that some bloke you know at County Hall has been informed by someone at Rushcliffe Borough Council that its planning department team is complicit with NFFC in withholding a public announcement concerning the Taylor Stand planning application status for the purpose of enabling the club to deceive, or, as you succinctly put it, "con" its supporters?

    As you're so convinced, surely you should be doing your council-tax-payer duty by alerting the higher officers at Rushcliffe BC to this scandal, rather than using it to have a pop on a football fans' forum, pal.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    In fairness to redandhot, it's entirely likely that the clubs agents have asked the Council not to to proceed to a decision. Doesn't mean there's anything nefarious going on, it's just a normal part of the planning process. If the applicant (the club) isn't reasonably confident that it has all it's ducks in a row, it's far better to ask for additional time to resolve them than risk a refusal.

    It happens all the time, probably on the majority of major planning applications. There are statutory timescales for determining planning applications, and if they are going to be exceeded, the two sides have to agree to an extension if they wish to avoid an appeal. Doesn't mean anyone is trying to con anyone though, just totally normal procedure.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,382

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    The problem with away tickets, is that the money isn't Forest's to refund.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swansea Red View Post
    In fairness to redandhot, it's entirely likely that the clubs agents have asked the Council not to to proceed to a decision. Doesn't mean there's anything nefarious going on, it's just a normal part of the planning process. If the applicant (the club) isn't reasonably confident that it has all it's ducks in a row, it's far better to ask for additional time to resolve them than risk a refusal.

    It happens all the time, probably on the majority of major planning applications. There are statutory timescales for determining planning applications, and if they are going to be exceeded, the two sides have to agree to an extension if they wish to avoid an appeal. Doesn't mean anyone is trying to con anyone though, just totally normal procedure.
    I don't doubt that at all SR, but if indeed that is the case (which is still based on, at best, dubious heresay), it's Redandhot who has put his spin to it by claiming it's solely for irregular/devious reasons.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 05-05-20 at 15:49.

  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    1,593

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    The problem with away tickets, is that the money isn't Forest's to refund.
    The ticket office e-mailed me (See below) to send my Sheffield Wednesday tickets back (Recorded delivery) for a full refund.

    HI Paul

    You will need to return your tickets to the ticket office here at NFFC.

    I would suggest that you do these as special delivery (signed for) to ensure that we do receive these and there is no possibility of these being lost in the post.

    Many thanks
    Ticket Office Team


  7. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I don't doubt that at all SR, but if indeed that is the case (which is still based on, at best, dubious heresay), it's Redandhot who has put his spin to it by claiming it's solely for irregular/devious reasons.
    Having a season ticket renewal in mid march, playing on fans heart strings whether we will get promoted or not and you'd lose your seat to watch premier league football if they do go up, and all along knowing that people would renew at increased prices, and all along knowing planning permission was going to be denied, is as devious as any club could be pal. Realise that. And I am a season ticket holder for many years but not next because I knew what was going on. Devious bastards.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    Having a season ticket renewal in mid march, playing on fans heart strings whether we will get promoted or not and you'd lose your seat to watch premier league football if they do go up, and all along knowing that people would renew at increased prices, and all along knowing planning permission was going to be denied, is as devious as any club could be pal. Realise that. And I am a season ticket holder for many years but not next because I knew what was going on. Devious bastards.
    Is NFFC the only Championship club to launch its season-card renewal process six or seven weeks-or-so before the end of the league programme? Forgive me, I really can't be arsed to check, but I very much suspect not.

    Anyway, irrespective of that, I think your rant above betrays your dubious "I'm just passing on what I've heard, honest" corruption theory. You may as well have just sounded-off in the first place instead of coming up with that.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 05-05-20 at 20:09.

  9. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Is NFFC the only Championship club to launch its season-card renewal process six or seven weeks-or-so before the end of the league programme? Forgive me, I really can't be arsed to check, but I very much suspect not.

    Anyway, irrespective of that, I think your rant above betrays your dubious "I'm just passing on what I've heard, honest" corruption theory. You may as well have just sounded-off in the first place instead of coming up with that.
    Edited and still wrong. I don't care about other clubs pal because I don't buy a season ticket for other clubs. You know as well as I that the club did an early bird "you wont get your ticket because of the big build" renewal at that time to fleece fans.

    You do know, you do understand, you are not stupid. That's it from me on this matter.

    Back to the original point, they should refund people, some people are really struggling and they can afford to pay players and staff and have a billionaire owner. Now its time for the club to put something back into the community!


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,382

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    Edited and still wrong. I don't care about other clubs pal because I don't buy a season ticket for other clubs. You know as well as I that the club did an early bird "you wont get your ticket because of the big build" renewal at that time to fleece fans.

    You do know, you do understand, you are not stupid. That's it from me on this matter.
    So you could see through this big ruse but still fell for it?

    FWIW, I don't think there was any intention to fleece fans or any prior knowledge that planning would be denied (it hasn't).


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    Edited and still wrong. I don't care about other clubs pal because I don't buy a season ticket for other clubs. You know as well as I that the club did an early bird "you wont get your ticket because of the big build" renewal at that time to fleece fans.

    You do know, you do understand, you are not stupid. That's it from me on this matter.

    Back to the original point, they should refund people, some people are really struggling and they can afford to pay players and staff and have a billionaire owner. Now its time for the club to put something back into the community!
    Firstly, this is not the first 'early bird' initiative from the club. Secondly, for the record, the editing was for a composition reason.....pal.


  12. #61
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    18,267

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Football club fleecing fans shocker.

    They all do it, to keep up the payments for players and their agents.


  13. #62

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post
    The ticket office e-mailed me (See below) to send my Sheffield Wednesday tickets back (Recorded delivery) for a full refund.

    HI Paul

    You will need to return your tickets to the ticket office here at NFFC.

    I would suggest that you do these as special delivery (signed for) to ensure that we do receive these and there is no possibility of these being lost in the post.

    Many thanks
    Ticket Office Team
    I mean that's great for Paul, but I don't see how that helps you, Ratsnuts.


  14. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    So you could see through this big ruse but still fell for it?

    FWIW, I don't think there was any intention to fleece fans or any prior knowledge that planning would be denied (it hasn't).
    Fell for what?


  15. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Firstly, this is not the first 'early bird' initiative from the club. Secondly, for the record, the editing was for a composition reason.....pal.
    No, you are correct, but it was the first early early bird!


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    Fell for what?
    The "con" you claim to have spotted whilst (in your words) "knowing that planning permission would be denied".


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    No, you are correct, but it was the first early early bird!
    As I expect that you've checked back on this to be so certain, can I ask if you would be kind enough to confirm when the previous earliest 'early bird' was initiated?


  18. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    The "con" you claim to have spotted whilst (in your words) "knowing that planning permission would be denied".
    I haven't fell for any con pal. You tell me what I have fallen for?


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    2,570

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Football club fleecing fans shocker.

    They all do it, to keep up the payments for players and their agents.
    And Directors...and Directors wives....and hangers on!


  20. #69
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    86,180

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    And Directors...and Directors wives....and hangers on!
    „Prove it!“



    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    I haven't fell for any con pal. You tell me what I have fallen for?
    Your flip-flopping has gone way beyond boring now, so perhaps you should just stick to this commitment, pal.....

    Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    .......That's it from me on this matter.



  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    2,570

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    „Prove it!“

    I've spent the last 10 minutes looking for the interview where I thought the great man said it...Have I imagined it?!


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,632

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    I've spent the last 10 minutes looking for the interview where I thought the great man said it...Have I imagined it?!
    It was actually Fred Reacher who said it Tommy, not the great man.


  24. #73

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    It was actually Fred Reacher who said it Tommy, not the great man.
    Prove it.


  25. #74
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    86,180

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    As posted in the Coronavirus thread, thanks to Chancellor Merkel, it looks like the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga will be back in a couple of weeks, all matches „behind closed doors“ with no supporters present in the stadiums.

    VfB Stuttgart have today refunded any fans who had bought tickets for the remaining fixtures (either individual matchday tickets or proportional refunds of season cards).

    Regular readers of my posts on German football will recall that in the case of VfB anyway, the overwhelming majority of Members instructed the club to hang on to the money to help support it through the crisis.


  26. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Season Tickets - Refund?

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Your flip-flopping has gone way beyond boring now, so perhaps you should just stick to this commitment, pal.....
    The reply of a soak.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •