Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Research on Sexuality in Football

Not that type of player

Default Re: Research on Sexuality in Football

"The only way society will get better is when we can all pretend to like one another"

T Leela, Futurama

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    I go to football to-fucking-day and here homophobic stuff that would see people sacked from work.
    You must sit in the rough seats

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You must sit in the rough seats

Stand at Welling. Group of blokes in their fifties, with their kids in tow. All game every week.

They go to abuse officials, opposition and sometimes Welling players, who hear every word at that level, laughing at themselves with what they come up with. None of it is overtly racist, as you say they wouldnt get away with that. Some of it is homophobic, because football is not nearly as far on trying to tackle homophobia. As long as all gay footballers hide their sexuality it doesn't appear such an obvious problem, it won't be.

Football has very slowly reacted to racism because of black players playing the game. There are no known gay players in football, so it doesn't react. There may be gay fans in the stands but just like 55k turned out to watch Liverpool v Atletico, only for English football to shut down two days after Arteta tested positive for coronavirus, football reacts when a player or a coach is at risk first. It will take a player to come out then report all the abuse he gets inside and outside the stadiumbefore anything meaningful is done. Who'd want to be that guinea pig? Nobody, understandably. That's why nobody is.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 28-03-20 at 07:30.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Stand at Welling. Group of blokes in their fifties, with their kids in tow. All game every week.

They go to abuse officials, opposition and sometimes Welling players, who hear every word at that level, laughing at themselves with what they come up with. None of it is overtly racist, as you say they wouldnt get away with that. Some of it is homophobic, because football is not nearly as far on trying to tackle homophobia. As long as all gay footballers hide their sexuality it doesn't appear such an obvious problem, it won't be.

Football has very slowly reacted to racism because of black players playing the game. There are no known gay players in football, so it doesn't react. There may be gay fans in the stands but just like 55k turned out to watch Liverpool v Atletico, only for English football to shut down two days after Arteta tested positive for coronavirus, football reacts when a player or a coach is at risk first. It will take a player to come out then report all the abuse he gets inside and outside the stadiumbefore anything meaningful is done. Who'd want to be that guinea pig? Nobody, understandably. That's why nobody is.
    Have you reported them?

If not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Have you reported them?

If not why not?

I just moved away from.

They've been called out on the forum. That everybody at the club reads. Just turns into an online argument with nothing changing. He said, she said. I don't need it, any more than anybody else does. But I'd be fairly confident they wouldn't say the same things at work with their employers in earshot. The football gives them an opportunity to be a tw@t. Because being a tw@t at football is a thing that happens.

I've seen player march over looking set to knock one of them out, before thinking better of it. Dan Harding gave them a few dirty looks.

Hardly unique at Welling though. Just happens to be where I watch football. Wherever I've watched football it's never been a surprise to hear that kind of stuff, including Forest.

Is this the same as sexy football?

Many thanks to those who have completed the survey - https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...d4gVVLc7wZUS57