Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
  1. #1
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    As the great Sarah Conner said "There's a Storm Coming" so we need to find us all summat to do.

    I used to be massive into games as a kid, but when beer & fanny appeared around 12-13 that all went out the window, with me only dipping my toe in the water here & there until my health declined. Now this past couple of years has really allowed me to get back into it, big time. And I'm thriving on going back to the games of yesteryear & seeing what holds up, and what plays like shit.

    I also thrive on hearing/reading others passions for games too. Dapper Dan's FF7 spunkage is brill

    So here's a thread for all you gamers out there to pop your opinions down on. Drop a list of your fave games, and which you'd do an opinion or reviews if you do them like so many do on, and share the enlightenment.

    I'm gonna go through some right obscure 16-bit stuff


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,815

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Any game FromSoft has made in the past 11 years or so.

    Bloodborne is the pinacle of Video Games and i doubt it'll ever be topped. Hard to put into words how much i love that game and the Dark Souls series.


  4. #3
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Any game FromSoft has made in the past 11 years or so.

    Bloodborne is the pinacle of Video Games and i doubt it'll ever be topped. Hard to put into words how much i love that game and the Dark Souls series.
    Got our first list then Liaminho

    Here's my Soulslike games list:

    1. Dark Souls 2
    2. Lords of The Fallen
    3. Dark Souls 3
    4. Nioh
    5. Dark Souls
    6. Bloodborne
    7. Seikero, Shadows Die Twice

    What's yours?

    Aint it Freddie that has a big hard on for Bloodborne too?


  5. #4
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    50,089

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    My top 10 games played to death in no particular order

    Tenchu stealth assassins ps1

    Resident evil 4 Wii

    Goldeneye n64

    Sensible soccer mega drive

    Red dead 1 ps3

    FIFA 98 road to world cup ps1

    Pes 6 ps2

    San Andreas ps3

    Age of empires 3 PC

    Bubble bubble spectrum.




    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  6. #5
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My top 10 games played to death in no particular order

    Tenchu stealth assassins ps1

    Resident evil 4 Wii

    Goldeneye n64

    Sensible soccer mega drive

    Red dead 1 ps3

    FIFA 98 road to world cup ps1

    Pes 6 ps2

    San Andreas ps3

    Age of empires 3 PC

    Bubble bubble spectrum.




    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Nice little list that mate. Some are a bit out my eras, but impressed you got a Speccy game in there.


  7. #6
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    50,089

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Nice little list that mate. Some are a bit out my eras, but impressed you got a Speccy game in there.
    Like I put at the top it is a list of games I did to death so Bubble Bobble had to go on there.... Alex the kid in miracle world on the master system can feel hard done by.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  8. #7
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Think I'll join you with that list Baz.......top 10 games played to death..........

    Golden Axe - Medagdrive

    Street Fighter 2 - SNES

    X-Com 1994 - PC

    Super Mario World - SNES

    Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday - Megadrive

    Shining Force - Megadrive

    Witcher 2 - 360

    FFX - PS2

    Deus Ex - PS2

    Repton 3 - BBC Micro


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,815

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Got our first list then Liaminho

    Here's my Soulslike games list:

    1. Dark Souls 2
    2. Lords of The Fallen
    3. Dark Souls 3
    4. Nioh
    5. Dark Souls
    6. Bloodborne
    7. Seikero, Shadows Die Twice

    What's yours?

    Aint it Freddie that has a big hard on for Bloodborne too?
    1. BloodBorne
    2. Dark Souls 3
    3. Dark Souls
    4. Dark Souls 2
    5. Sekiro
    6. Star Wars: Fallen Order
    7. Nioh


    Never beat Nioh, but i reckon i was only one boss away just got distracted. Hearing good things about the second one though.


  10. #9
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    8,470

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    My favourite games

    1. Skyrim
    2. Oblivion
    3. Spyro Reignited
    4. Pes
    5. WWE Smackdown
    6. Crash Team Racing
    7. Battlefield 1
    8. Empire Total War
    9. Football Manager
    10. Zelda Windwaker

    I’m more of a traditionalist I guess but these games are top bin.

    I realised I didn’t put fallout on there as well which is harsh. I don’t understand how no Bethesda games are on your list they are so replayable and give so much joy!!

    Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 16-03-20 at 02:04.

  11. #10
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    My favourite games

    1. Skyrim
    2. Oblivion
    3. Spyro Reignited
    4. Pes
    5. WWE Smackdown
    6. Crash Team Racing
    7. Battlefield 1
    8. Empire Total War
    9. Football Manager
    10. Zelda Windwaker

    I’m more of a traditionalist I guess but these games are top bin.

    I realised I didn’t put fallout on there as well which is harsh. I don’t understand how no Bethesda games are on your list they are so replayable and give so much joy!!
    You ever tried Morrowind mate? I found it far more interesting than Skyrim & Oblivion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    1. BloodBorne
    2. Dark Souls 3
    3. Dark Souls
    4. Dark Souls 2
    5. Sekiro
    6. Star Wars: Fallen Order
    7. Nioh


    Never beat Nioh, but i reckon i was only one boss away just got distracted. Hearing good things about the second one though.
    I thrived on the levels in Nioh, but all these games are ruined somewhat by bosses who can 1-shot you, then having to walk back to the boss for several minutes IMO. It becomes a real slog, and Nioh suffered from that a fair bit. Second one looks really good, but I've heard similar complaints about the 1-shotness.

    Don't get the Sekiro love. It loses absolute loads by being essentially a stealth game with little player customization too.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,650

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    I struggle to go back to the old games really, can’t get past the old graphics and controls

    Plus I turned into one of those people who will get stuck into a good game and rinse it for a month or two and do everything you can possibly do, before moving on. I think the only modern game I’ve ever completed twice was GTAV on the 360 and One. I don’t find the modern game have the replayability like say Ducktales or Double Dragon back in the day did where levels were short and sweet. I play too many sandbox/racers now.


  13. #12
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I struggle to go back to the old games really, canít get past the old graphics and controls

    Plus I turned into one of those people who will get stuck into a good game and rinse it for a month or two and do everything you can possibly do, before moving on. I think the only modern game Iíve ever completed twice was GTAV on the 360 and One. I donít find the modern game have the replayability like say Ducktales or Double Dragon back in the day did where levels were short and sweet. I play too many sandbox/racers now.
    Can't get past the old graphics & controls on what systems mate?

    I fucking LOVE going back to the 16-bit era, and actually prefer some of the graphics to some of the modern day stuff. There's a certain artistry in it IMO, like watching a 70's Forest team on a muddy pitch.

    I mean look at these, to me they're pure eye candy:











    Yeah the shortness of games is summat I prefer about the old ones too. 20-60min, boom, you're done. Ideal. I enjoy getting absorbed in the deeper stuff at night whilst resting up on the sofa, but when I fancy a bit of two-player action I drop back to the 16-bit classics everytime.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,426

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    So much time needed to invest in games nowadays. The last one i had a proper lockdown sesh on was GTA 5. Then parenthood took hold. The little one is starting to get to console age herself though

    Games I love playing over and over include:

    Portal, both 1 and 2. Great Puzzles/Storyline/Songs. What more could you want?
    Skyrim. Who doesn't like Dragons?
    GTA San Andreas. Still the best version IMO, but closly followed by
    GTA Vice City.
    Kerbal Space Program.
    Astroneer. Been playing since the Beta and popping back over last few years as the game continues to delevop. Great fun.

    Last edited by Trents; 16-03-20 at 12:15.

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    1,585

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Iím obviously an old bugger as I was getting out my 16 bit subbuteo! If I can find it!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,815

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    You ever tried Morrowind mate? I found it far more interesting than Skyrim & Oblivion.



    I thrived on the levels in Nioh, but all these games are ruined somewhat by bosses who can 1-shot you, then having to walk back to the boss for several minutes IMO. It becomes a real slog, and Nioh suffered from that a fair bit. Second one looks really good, but I've heard similar complaints about the 1-shotness.

    Don't get the Sekiro love. It loses absolute loads by being essentially a stealth game with little player customization too.
    I struggled to get into Sekiro at first but when you do the Genchiro boss the second time it clicked for me. The sword play and hitboxes are near perfect in that game.

    The final boss is also the hardest boss in any soulslike ever and was an absolute blast to beat. It did take me 2 solid hours to do it though haha.


  17. #16
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    8,470

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    You ever tried Morrowind mate? I found it far more interesting than Skyrim & Oblivion.



    I thrived on the levels in Nioh, but all these games are ruined somewhat by bosses who can 1-shot you, then having to walk back to the boss for several minutes IMO. It becomes a real slog, and Nioh suffered from that a fair bit. Second one looks really good, but I've heard similar complaints about the 1-shotness.

    Don't get the Sekiro love. It loses absolute loads by being essentially a stealth game with little player customization too.
    I never had it at the time only started elder scrolls when I got my Xbox 360 and it came with oblivion. I love the series and in fact I would live to try the hd remake of morrowind on the pc that the fans made but I need to get a gaming pc


  18. #17
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    8,470

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post
    I’m obviously an old bugger as I was getting out my 16 bit subbuteo! If I can find it!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve got subbuteo at home with an Astro pitch... You be surprised When I crack it out everyone wants a go it’s so good!! I’ve got Notts County and Forest as well superb.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,724

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Subbuteo is one of mankind's greatest inventions.


  20. #19
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    8,470

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    I’ve just bought Diablo eternal collection on my switch is that any good??


  21. #20
    Polly Harvey Bangerz
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Does anyone actually know how to play Subbuteo?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    3,646

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Haven't got round to listing my others but this is in for sure:




  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,739

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    1. FF7
    2. Witcher 3
    3. Red Dead 2
    4. Suikoden 5
    5. Legend of Dragoon
    6. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1, 2 or 3
    7. Buggy Boy
    8. Mario Kart Wii
    9. Fable 2
    10. Emlyn Hughes International Soccer


  24. #23
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    1. FF7
    2. Witcher 3
    3. Red Dead 2
    4. Suikoden 5
    5. Legend of Dragoon
    6. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1, 2 or 3
    7. Buggy Boy
    8. Mario Kart Wii
    9. Fable 2
    10. Emlyn Hughes International Soccer
    Surprised not to see more Final Fantasy's up there Dan, What do you reckon to the others in the series?


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,739

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Surprised not to see more Final Fantasy's up there Dan, What do you reckon to the others in the series?
    I like 6, thought the story was brilliant. 8 is meh, liked 9 and was considering putting that in. 10 bothered me because whilst the other games were linear they gave you the impression they weren't because of the world map and 10 just felt like tunnels between areas. 12 I didn't like, the characters annoyed me and I didn't really know what happened in the story, 13 I hated, 15 I really liked the story and the adventure and freedom of it but the battles were a bit dull. I haven't played 11 or 14 but a lot of people seem to like 14.

    I haven't really played through anything prior to 6...

    And I have just realised I missed one out, Chrono Cross should have been in there, I absolutely loved it. Also Shadow Hearts Covenant was close to being in.


  26. #25
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43,294

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I like 6, thought the story was brilliant. 8 is meh, liked 9 and was considering putting that in. 10 bothered me because whilst the other games were linear they gave you the impression they weren't because of the world map and 10 just felt like tunnels between areas. 12 I didn't like, the characters annoyed me and I didn't really know what happened in the story, 13 I hated, 15 I really liked the story and the adventure and freedom of it but the battles were a bit dull. I haven't played 11 or 14 but a lot of people seem to like 14.

    I haven't really played through anything prior to 6...

    And I have just realised I missed one out, Chrono Cross should have been in there, I absolutely loved it. Also Shadow Hearts Covenant was close to being in.
    Massive fan of Shadow Hearts Covenant, criminally overlooked game.

    FF4 & 5 are mint IMO mate. Worth checking both out as they adhere to the formula which 7-10 were built on.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •