Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 332 of 332 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332
Results 8,276 to 8,293 of 8293

Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    He claims he drove for 5-hours without requiring a comfort break for himself, his wife or, more laughably, his 4-year-old. He also claimed that he doesn't remember refuelling on the way back, although he conceded that he "must have".
    Always convenient to have the odd memory lapse. On par with, I was drunk m, lud I didn't know what I was doing.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Lefkas, I will absolutely guarantee he stopped en route, you don't travel 260 miles with a 4 year old without stopping at least twice

He probably had to fuel his car also

no point asking him because he would say his car was already full and that they didn't use service station amenities
    Probably had a shit in a lay by, he looks the sort.

Polly Harvey Bangerz

It's hard to keep up with all his Cummings and goings

They just had one of the Government public health ads on the BBC. All I heard was "Drive to Durham. Spread the virus. Kill People."

Not really at the same level but my 26 y/o old son came to stay with us in advance of the official lockdown.

In advance of Johnson's first end-lockdown speech a couple of weeks, he went out on Bike ride and was joined by friends - then then went and sat in the park together having a beer.

It was a breech of the rules. So we sent him home.

All the hard work from our household to keep ourselves isolated would have been for nothing.

It was only a small thing and no one wants to do that to their kids but it's typical of the level of sacrifice everyone's making.

Would have been easy to let him come back and take the risk. But if we'd all allowed ourselves to that little bit of exemption - things for everyone would have been worse.

Similarly, no one's been to visit our mam for the whole period. She's paralysed and can't get out of bed. She has 4 15 minute visits per day from care workers. But me, or my sisters or brother could have broke that little rule too.

And I suspect millions have their own little rules they could have broken (and ordinarily would have broken) but in this instance took the knock.

But posh lad went to stay on Daddy's farm. And then tried to weasle himself out of the shit.

the force is strong in this one: "It has been fantastic so far but what you can and must do next will be amazing for the rest of your lives."

He claims he drove for 5-hours without requiring a comfort break for himself, his wife or, more laughably, his 4-year-old. He also claimed that he doesn't remember refuelling on the way back, although he conceded that he "must have".
    The irony of this claim is that on the 'driving test' day when they miraculously ended up at two beauty spots, the second stop was, allegedly, a toilet break for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Not really at the same level but my 26 y/o old son came to stay with us in advance of the official lockdown.

In advance of Johnson's first end-lockdown speech a couple of weeks, he went out on Bike ride and was joined by friends - then then went and sat in the park together having a beer.

It was a breech of the rules. So we sent him home.

All the hard work from our household to keep ourselves isolated would have been for nothing.

It was only a small thing and no one wants to do that to their kids but it's typical of the level of sacrifice everyone's making.

Would have been easy to let him come back and take the risk. But if we'd all allowed ourselves to that little bit of exemption - things for everyone would have been worse.

Similarly, no one's been to visit our mam for the whole period. She's paralysed and can't get out of bed. She has 4 15 minute visits per day from care workers. But me, or my sisters or brother could have broke that little rule too.

And I suspect millions have their own little rules they could have broken (and ordinarily would have broken) but in this instance took the knock.

But posh lad went to stay on Daddy's farm. And then tried to weasle himself out of the shit.
    There's probably very few people who haven't had to make sacrifices.

I consider our family quite lucky in that no one in the immediate family has died, got married, had a child, required specific support etc.

But, we are missing each other. My Mum can't see her grandchildren that are 8,6 and 3 and going through their formative years. They worry about the youngest not remembering who they are when they come to seeing them again.

It's not a lot compared to others, but both her and the grandchild are at home isolating and have been for months - they can't have the virus anymore, even if they did and were asymptomatic. But they've carried on adhering to the rules because it was the right thing to do, because society and goodwill required it.

.k I m
    I m u mm

F0rum Enemy No. 1.

The big sacrifice I've had to make is not seeing my Dad, even from an acceptable social distance, he's lived alone since Mum died.
    His 70th Birthday fell three weeks into lockdown, so plans to gather all his friends, including a couple coming from Spain, were abandoned.

As, I say, I haven't been to see him, as I thought as I thought the 132.7 mile round trip, with associated risks of breakdown/accident etc. wouldn't be deemed allowable under the letter or spirit of the law.

However, if I'd know in advance that you can actually drive wherever the fuck you want (with eyesight apparently optional). I would have done.

What occured to me was how often Cummings stressed that there was no risk to his parents and his sister's family due to the distance between the three properties. He also mentioned that he went for a walk with his wife in the family's own wood, which he claimed would explain the reporting of him being spotted by members of the public.

In which case, my question to him would be as to why he didn't "test his eyesight" by driving around the large family estate a few times rather than potentially putting his wife and boy at risk by taking a 60-mile round trip solely for that purpose?
    Has anyone even asked if his wife could drive? If she could then there was absolutely no reason that she she couldn't drive them all home (except that I think he left her and the child up there meaning he then had to make another unnecessary trip up and back to fetch them).

Anyway, you don't need to see to drive do you?

Last edited by I'm Red Till Dead; Today at 15:25.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Has anyone even asked if his wife could drive? If she could then there was absolutely no reason that she she couldn't drive them all home (except that I think he left her and the child up there meaning he then had to make another unnecessary trip up and back to fetch them).
    Without being up-to-date with the full list of current driving laws Nicola, it must surely be an offence to even attempt to drive with suspected impaired vision, let alone on a 60-mile round-trip. That alone should warrant a word to him from the police.

What I find quite concerning however about this whole affair is that Cummings is regarded as a "genius deep thinker" who is invaluable to the government machine, being the architect of Johnson's 'project' to transform the nation. He doesn't come across as being very bright to me if this load of pony is the best he could come up with after a weekend of "deep thinking".

Polly Harvey Bangerz

What I find quite concerning however about this whole affair is that Cummings is regarded as a "genius deep thinker" who is invaluable to the government machine, being the architect of Johnson's 'project' to transform the nation. He doesn't come across as being very bright to me if this load of pony is the best he could come up with after a weekend of "deep thinking".
    I've been thinking the same thing

No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house

Without being up-to-date with the full list of current driving laws Nicola ...
    It's the first thing they make you do on the driving test before they'll let you behind the wheel !

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Pickford View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing
    Deeply?

Polly Harvey Bangerz

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Deeply?
    Truly, madly

Without being up-to-date with the full list of current driving laws Nicola, it must surely be an offence to even attempt to drive with suspected impaired vision, let alone on a 60-mile round-trip. That alone should warrant a word to him from the police.

His one trick is to convince enough of life’s failures that foreigners are to blame for their lives being shit and that Boris/Brexit will make them feel special and ‘listened to’.

Britain is such a sewer these days that he’s actually made it into Downing Street on that basis.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    It's the first thing they make you do on the driving test before they'll let you behind the wheel
    Well, maybe he needs another fucking test then.

Anyway, my point still stands.

F0rum Enemy No. 1.

On a slightly different subject...what kind of planet are the government on with this timeline of things re-opening?
    I can't get a haircut...but I can go any buy a new car?!?

I guess the car lot has a vast showroom and outside area. My barbers is tight and you are getting up close.