Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 165 of 333 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 8321
    Where's me hammer?

Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

In a thread with mentions of twats like Tim Martin and Mike Ashley it's time to add someone to the good list.

Lidl, giving staff 150 quid in vouchers and a planned pay rise has been increased a further 20p an hour than planned and backdated to the 1st of March.

Well done lidl

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrid and Munich View Post
    Really , are you now setting yourself up as an expert here as well!

Try reading a little bit more about the medical profession in all its guises and maybe you will gain some understanding instead of trotting out your banal theories. This is the profession that is putting its life on the line at the moment.

How many on here have signed up for the NHS volunteer programme?
    Me for one.

In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Default The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    The mobile phone tracking?

I'm all for it if that's the case. Only the guilty have something to hide.
    Depends what you class as guilty. When you can make up laws over night unopposed, you yourself might just find you’re guilty.

This is no conspiracy. It’s just the reality.

The cleverest part of this is that the government have convinced the public that it is their fault that they’ve introduced these laws. So people, like you, are actually quite happy about giving up basic civil liberties.

The question is just when, if and how much these laws will be repelled. Given they’ve gone through so easy, without any challenge, would lead me to believe we’ve entered a new norm.

- Forced detention and isolation can be of anyone, including children, and for any amount of time.
    -Authorities can forcibly take biological samples from your body.
    - There’s no clear access to legal rights from as-yet unidentified isolation facilities.
    - Powers last up to 2.5 years
    -Lockdown powers and the right to ban public gatherings could prevent protests against measures.
    - State surveillance safeguards weakened.
    - Protections from forced detainment and treatment under Mental Health Act lowered.
    - Cremations can be enforced against personal and religious wishes.
    - Changes to the court system. -Registration of deaths.
    - No inquests into suspicious deaths!
    - No requirement for any medical certification for burials or cremations!
    - It also indemnifies the health service should they fail for what ever reason to provide care.
    - compulsory treatment order ; forced to accept medication
    - Local Authorities will now be exempted from compliance with their duties under The Care Act 2014. Schedule 11.

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...-aivca8rxVlYus

Take a look at the bill yourselves if you're interested.

https://www.facebook.com/damoandivor...95725/?app=fbl

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Carvel View Post
    Depends what you class as guilty. When you can make up laws over night unopposed, you yourself might just find you’re guilty.

The cleverest part of this is that the government have convinced the public that it is their fault that they’ve introduced these laws. So people, like you, are actually quite happy about giving up basic civil liberties.

The question is just when, if and how much these laws will be repelled. Given they’ve gone through so easy, without any challenge, would lead me to believe we’ve entered a new norm.

- Forced detention and isolation can be of anyone, including children, and for any amount of time.
    - There’s no clear access to legal rights from as-yet unidentified isolation facilities.
    -Lockdown powers and the right to ban public gatherings could prevent protests against measures.
    - Protections from forced detainment and treatment under Mental Health Act lowered.
    - It also indemnifies the health service should they fail for what ever reason to provide care.
    - Local Authorities will now be exempted from compliance with their duties under The Care Act 2014. Schedule 11.

That's crazy

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

Derbyshire Police when you take your dog for a walk

https://twitter.com/norfolkgti/statu...922850304?s=21

Last edited by Ravi; 28-03-20 at 11:19.
    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Really , are you now setting yourself up as an expert here as well!

Try reading a little bit more about the medical profession in all its guises and maybe you will gain some understanding instead of trotting out your banal theories. This is the profession that is putting its life on the line at the moment.

I’ve signed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have but have, to date, had no response.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    #bored

Are you going to offer to make ventilators now like the F1 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I have but have, to date, had no response.
    I had a text saying they are doing my background checks.

Thats absolutely terrifying

I understand there is a need for some extraordinary measures due to the current situation but any unscrupulous government can and will use this to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post

You’ll probably be stood down then Rats, I don’t think they want sex pests

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post

I had an email and had my checks done and an email of verification but nothing since.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1965 View Post
    Thats absolutely terrifying

I understand there is a need for some extraordinary measures due to the current situation but any unscrupulous government can and will use this to their advantage.
    I think, and hope, it's there just to cover their backs in extreme cases tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's crazy
    The craziest part is its lifespan; there is no real health reason for it to predict, from the outset, that it should last 2 years. It should be reviewed every 6 months.

Boris tried to give people the capacity to act responsibly and we ended up with the madness of last weekend instead.

The two year limit (yes, it could be extended but it could also be revoked in each of the six monthly reviews) should allow sufficient time for a vaccine to be developed and distributed. This would negate the need for the Bill so makes practical sense for me.

Just to add that I'm massively in favour of civil liberties and don't believe that the Government can be trusted with just about anything. In this case the people are even more useless so we have to do something.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I had an email and had my checks done and an email of verification but nothing since.

Same here. Not one call yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The craziest part is its lifespan; there is no real health reason for it to predict, from the outset, that it should last 2 years. It should be reviewed every 6 months.
    It is to be reviewed every six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
    Boris tried to give people the capacity to act responsibly and we ended up with the madness of last weekend instead.

The two year limit (yes, it could be extended but it could also be revoked in each of the six monthly reviews) should allow sufficient time for a vaccine to be developed and distributed. This would negate the need for the Bill so makes practical sense for me.

Just to add that I'm massively in favour of civil liberties and don't believe that the Government can be trusted with just about anything. In this case the people are even more useless so we have to do something.
    That’s somewhere I disagree. The depth of this act shows it wasn’t written in a week!

I believe this was always the plan. Johnson Warned us weeks ago that they would gradually take more draconian action. It was always in place.

Sure there were a few pockets where people were out and an old couple walking their dog in the countryside. But I don’t blame them for this. I know they want me to blame them, but I don’t.

It is to be reviewed every six months.
    Ah, OK, I had not seen the ammendment. In the original there was no such provision, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Same here. Not one call yet.
    I’m guessing they are still organising the administrative support.

They have many thousands now registered, they need to determine who can do what, where and when.

I’m on standby.

If anyone genuinely needs and help then please let it be known.

Btw......That does not mean me delivering a fried breakfast to you in bed in the morning.

Ah, OK, I had not seen the ammendment. In the original there was no such provision, I think.
    I think it was Jeremy Corbyn that pushed for the 6 monthly review

That’s somewhere I disagree. The depth of this act shows it wasn’t written in a week!

I believe this was always the plan. Johnson Warned us weeks ago that they would gradually take more draconian action. It was always in place.

Sure there were a few pockets where people were out and an old couple walking their dog in the countryside. But I don’t blame them for this. I know they want me to blame them, but I don’t.

It probably was drafted years ago as part of a contingency plan. This is a good thing because it means the people in charge, or the Civil Service at least, are thinking about these things well before they occur.

Whenever people talk about Government conspiracies and secret agendas I always think about my interactions with the Civil Service, Local and Central Government. In almost every case they are fundamentally useless. Everything takes longer than it should and the vast majority in charge are more bothered about protecting their 'patch' than delivering.

The real kicker is that a lot of the front line staff are working really hard at the same time and not getting anywhere.

Don't worry about it, this is the Internet so we just cherry-pick what suits our argument.

It probably was drafted years ago as part of a contingency plan. This is a good thing because it means the people in charge, or the Civil Service at least, are thinking about these things well before they occur.

Whenever people talk about Government conspiracies and secret agendas I always think about my interactions with the Civil Service, Local and Central Government. In almost every case they are fundamentally useless. Everything takes longer than it should and the vast majority in charge are more bothered about protecting their 'patch' than delivering.

The real kicker is that a lot of the front line staff are working really hard at the same time and not getting anywhere.
    Well are they great planners or incompetent ?

I’m not talking about conspiracy. The bill is real.

However, given there is pretty much no coverage of these changes it would indicate some sort of secrecy. Do you think the general public would be interested to know what’s in this ? I do.
    Why isn’t it being reported? Why wasn’t I consulted ? Is it because they know what they’re doing is potentially wrong?

Last edited by Carvel; 28-03-20 at 11:58.