• Stalemate

4 8.89%
  • Paul Furlong

2 4.44%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Forest vs QPR - Matchday 34

F0rum Enemy No. 1.

Default Nottingham Forest vs QPR - Matchday 34

Saturday 22nd February sees Nottingham Forest return to the World Famous City Ground, to take on Mark Warburton’s QPR.

Kick-off returns to the usual 3 o’clock with no Sky Sports coverage to shorten folk’s pre-match drinking sessions.

Last time out, Forest came up against a West Brom side who seemed more content to kick Forest at every opportunity, a ‘star player’ who went down when any Forest player even looked in his direction and one of the most brazenly corrupt officiating performances ever witnessed in the Championship.

This is the return fixture to a February clash at the Kiyan Prince, when Forest turned by far their biggest winning margin of the season, a 4-0 victory, which in some ways was rather flattering – as Forest were actually turning in a controlled 1-0 leading margin, after Figueiredo’s early goal, but then QPR suffered some sort of implosion around 80 minutes and let Grabban, Carvalho and Semedo all add to the margin of victory.

A Bit about our opponents
    QPR were formed in 1886 and contrary to their full name, were actually not a team formed by some Park Rangers, but instead an amalgamation of two older clubs – St Judes and Christchurch Rangers. No record exists of why they chose not to call themselves St Judes Christchurch Rangers (SJCR).

QPR hold the bizarre distinction of being the team in English Football with the most different home stadia, having tried out 20 different home grounds, before settling at Loftus Road in 1917 – although they also had two different stints at the now demolished White City Stadium, they were unable to muster enough support to actually fill the place.

QPR play in blue and white hoops, making them one of a handful of clubs to prefer these over the more flattering vertical stripes and giving any of their more out-of-shape players a comically round appearance and literally nowhere for their fans to hide those hideous beer bellies.

QPR have had a number of incredibly imaginative nicknames over the years – The Hoops, The Superhoops, Rangers and The R’s. None of which are interesting enough for me to even take the piss out of.

The 1975-76 season saw QPR’s highest ever league finish, when they ended as runners up to Bob Paisley’s Liverpool. They have never won the FA Cup, being losing finalists on just one occasion, losing to Spurs in 1982. They have won a League Cup though, a 3-2 victory over West Brom in 1967, their winning goal coming from Mark Lazarus.

The current QPR side is undergoing Warburtonisation, a process which was started, but never finished, at Forest, whereby number of passes and percentage of possession take priority over everything else, including goals (see Brentford). Which probably explains why they were Forest’s biggest victory of the season, as Forest only win when their possession percentage is down around the 30% mark.

Mascot of the week.
    QPR’s mascot is Jude – who recently appears to have morphed from a tiger into a black cat – presumably Sunderland are less sensitive about their identity than Hull.

A bit about us
    After the odd team selection against Charlton, Sabri went back to the innovative tactic of picking the eleven players who have actually played the best this season for the West Brom game. The club treat releasing details of injuries like some sort of breach of national security these days, so hard to know if anyone did pick up knocks against West Brom, other than those we could clearly see having lumps kicked out of them by Livermore and Bartley.

Forest have generally picked up better results against teams higher up the table, than those in the bottom half, but even currently sitting in 16th, QPR are the one side whose tactics seem to play into Forest’s hands and it would be sensible to expect something like a repeat result from the previous encounter. However, never rule out Forests ability to ‘Do a Forest’ and find a way to lose this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Nottingham Forest vs QPR - Matchday 34

I think this is probably our easiest game of the season.

We quite like teams who come onto us and try and hit them on the counter. QPR are probably the worst of the sides that play that way.

Think it'll end up 4-1 to us, but we desperately, desperately need the 3 points.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Forum Tactician

Last five games aggregate, Forest 14 - QPR 3. They're the poster team for "can we play you every week".

Team picks itself given whats coming off the bench is hardly screaming for a place. Hopefully Warburton comes here with his usual brand off attacking but extremely porous football to play right into our hands.

We can't fuck this one up, 3 points home banker.

We can usually rely on a Mark Warburton defensive calamity being served up, so as long as our own back line holds up we should win this fairly comfortably.

2-0 to the men in red.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Impressive member

" They have won a League Cup though, a 3-2 victory over West Brom in 1967, their winning goal coming from Mark Lazarus."
    What a come-back that was. Dead and buried before the resurgence.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

As we all know there is never an easy game in the Championship, or is there?

Recent history tells us this is a home win but we can not afford to get another bloody nose at home.

Full strength side, playing to the right game plan should win this.

Confidence boosting 2 - 0.
    Grabban with both.

Not sure I like the confidence of our posters. Pride before a fall and all that.

Forum Tactician

I'm banking on paying for next seasons card at 21/20.

If the Warbs' defence reduce Forest to long range shots at the corner flag and overhit crosses at the CG, I will officially set the ceiling for my permitted hopes and dreams at promotion via the play-offs.

Not that type of player

As long as we don't have a repeat of players being written off as not fit to wear the shirt after half an hour wearing it then we will have take a step forward.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Impressive member

With Cardiff away just 3 days after this game I wouldn't expect the strongest 11 to start, which yet again could be a dangerous move. Impossible to predict the result until we know which players will be involved.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Senior Doom Monger

This is a piece of piss.
    QPR are nearer relegation than promotion so must be crap.
    SL to make XI changes and field :

Muric
    Jenkinson
    Bong
    2 lads from the U23's
    Calvalho
    Semedo
    Yates (Capt)
    Diakhaby
    Mighten
    Nuno.

SL tries a totally new formation as well.

Forest have 50% possession; QPR 50%
    Forest and QPR break the Championship record for the most passes in the first 2/3rds of the pitch, have no shots on target and it finishes a 0-0 draw.

Senior Doom Monger

I may have been "having a laugh" in my earlier post...

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    With Cardiff away just 3 days after this game I wouldn't expect the strongest 11 to start, which yet again could be a dangerous move. Impossible to predict the result until we know which players will be involved.
    Id be stunned if we went down that road again so soon. Particularly given our issues at home.

If we're rotating, surely we play our strongest team here & attempt to shithouse Cardiff with a more makeshift eleven.

I think Lolley will be rested.

Might see one or two changes but not the five we did previously.

Samba
    Cash Worrall Figgy Ribeiro
    Watson
    DaCosta Silva Yates Ameobi
    Grabban

Can't Re Member

Default Nottingham Forest vs QPR - Matchday 34

Line up for away fixture

I think I’d rather have Bostock and Carvalho on the bench than Yates and Diakhaby

Last edited by Bonalair; 17-02-20 at 14:21.
    Oh FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Might see one or two changes but not the five we did previously.

Samba
    Cash Worrall Figgy Ribeiro
    Watson
    DaCosta Silva Yates Ameobi
    Grabban
    to be fair, id rather drop watson and give yates and semedo a run behind decosta, carvalho and ameobi. watson with anyone but sow doesn't work, semedo and yates are both box to box midfielder who have the pace to defend and drive the attacks from midfeild

Last edited by Harry1982; 17-02-20 at 14:55.

Not that type of player

As long as we have less than 50% possession we will be fine.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    to be fair, id rather drop watson and give yates and semedo a run behind decosta, carvalho and ameobi.
    You can't be serious H.

Desperately need a win here to get back on track. Full strength team please Sabri!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    You can't be serious H.
    100 percent if we are going to rest Sow, Watson with Semedo or Yates doesnt work. Neither has the extra pace or strength to cover Watson so he can do what he does best, seems to me we should try a different combination altogether, remember the infamous watson and colback cant play together?

Senior Doom Monger

Contrary to my tongue in cheek post earlier, I doubt whether there will be any unforced changes for Saturday.
    A full week for players to recover, lessons learned from the Charlton Debacle, and I think some surprise at the fans outspoken reaction to the Charlton team will all have an influence over Sabri.
    This really is the business end of the season.
    All the good work and progress to date will be for nought if Sabri gets it wrong now!

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    100 percent if we are going to rest Sow, Watson with Semedo or Yates doesnt work. Neither has the extra pace or strength to cover Watson so he can do what he does best, seems to me we should try a different combination altogether, remember the infamous watson and colback cant play together?
    Watsons never been the problem this season, losing him feels like its compounding things. He sits, reads the play, reads danger & provides the outball. You couldnt contemplate giving that to Yates or Semedo. If Sows missing, one of them has to step up & do his job better than they have so far.

People’s republic of Southwick, Sunderland

Bring back Bong

Calm down I’m just yanking yer chain