Default Re: Keith Stroud vs Nottingham Forest - Matchday 33

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    That wasn't offside in my opinion, he wasn't interfering with play
    I think you'll find he was

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That wasn't offside in my opinion, he wasn't interfering with play as the ball had already crossed the line when it hit him. So in my view it should have stood however that's karma not only for Gayle last season but their first goal so fuck em. Everything else is spot on
    He was the very definition of offside.

It's not about the ball hitting him.

Ignoring the fact he fouled Toby just seconds prior to that. When the ball is struck, he is in an offside position in the sense he is ahead of the ball as it's played forward with only 1 person between him and the touchline, not two.

What makes him them be interfering with play, if you watch it back, is that he moves his leg and prevents Toby, who is getting up and trying to move across, from being able to make an attempt to play the ball, by blocking it. Whether he would or would not have blocked it is entirely irrelevant. He prevents Toby from being able to do that, by being in his way, in an offside position when the ball is struck.

Therefore: in an offside position, when the ball is played forwards, and is effecting how an opposition player can impact the game by his presence.

He is totally, utterly and unequivocally offside.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I think you'll find he was
    He was given but I think incorrectly for the reasons I stated. It only matters if he's interfering with play which he didn't do till the ball crossed the line.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    He was the very definition of offside.

It's not about the ball hitting him.

Ignoring the fact he fouled Toby just seconds prior to that. When the ball is struck, he is in an offside position in the sense he is ahead of the ball as it's played forward with only 1 person between him and the touchline, not two.

What makes him them be interfering with play, if you watch it back, is that he moves his leg and prevents Toby, who is getting up and trying to move across, from being able to make an attempt to play the ball, by blocking it. Whether he would or would not have blocked it is entirely irrelevant. He prevents Toby from being able to do that, by being in his way, in an offside position when the ball is struck.

Therefore: in an offside position, when the ball is played forwards, and is effecting how an opposition player can impact the game by his presence.

He is totally, utterly and unequivocally offside.
    If he's interfering then my bad then it is offside but from what I remember seeing he wasn't and the ball hit him over the line. It's irrevelavent if he's offside when the ball is it hit forward if he isn't interfering becuase if that's the case if the corner taker was still in the quadrant he'd be classed as offside which he isn't. However if he's stoped Toby then that's deffo offside.

He was given but I think incorrectly for the reasons I stated. It only matters if he's interfering with play which he didn't do till the ball crossed the line.
    He drags Toby to the floor, prevents him getting up and then sticks his foot in the way to stop him getting across.

But you're right, not interfering.

.k I m
    I m u mm

If he's interfering then my bad then it is offside but from what I remember seeing he wasn't and the ball hit him over the line. It's irrevelavent if he's offside when the ball is it hit forward if he isn't interfering becuase if that's the case if the corner taker was still in the quadrant he'd be classed as offside which he isn't. However if he's stoped Toby then that's deffo offside.
    Yeah, if you watch it back, his presence alone prevents Toby from being able to try and block the shot. He might never have managed to block it. But in the same sense a 'keeper can have their view blocked by someone, even though it might fly into the top corner and they'd never save it, he effects how Toby can make an effort to play the ball. So he has to be interfering.

It was really clever from Bartley. He forces Toby into the back of the net with him and forces him onto his arse. It should have been a foul, but Stroud obviously wasn't going to give that. Fortunately the linesman had his head screwed on, cos it's easy to forget it has to be two players and not just an outfield player.

That wasn't offside in my opinion, he wasn't interfering with play as the ball had already crossed the line when it hit him. So in my view it should have stood however that's karma not only for Gayle last season but their first goal so fuck em. Everything else is spot on
    How was he not interfering?

Sage

Yeah, if you watch it back, his presence alone prevents Toby from being able to try and block the shot. He might never have managed to block it. But in the same sense a 'keeper can have their view blocked by someone, even though it might fly into the top corner and they'd never save it, he effects how Toby can make an effort to play the ball. So he has to be interfering.

It was really clever from Bartley. He forces Toby into the back of the net with him and forces him onto his arse. It should have been a foul, but Stroud obviously wasn't going to give that. Fortunately the linesman had his head screwed on, cos it's easy to forget it has to be two players and not just an outfield player.
    Just watched it back and your right he’s deffo interfering, Toby was trying to get up and round him to block it. My bad but at least the ref got that one right!

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    How was he not interfering?
    He was didn’t realise he brought down Tobes

How is the linesman supposed to judge all this from out there too? He had to flag. As you say the interference was there beyond doubt. I'm so surprised there is any outcry for this, especially in the Premier League with VAR offsides are giving for fingernails being in an offside position etc..

He was didn’t realise he brought down Tobes
    Sorry mate, I was replying to your post and then skipped on to the last page so didn't see you had already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    How is the linesman supposed to judge all this from out there too? He had to flag. As you say the interference was there beyond doubt. I'm so surprised there is any outcry for this, especially in the Premier League with VAR offsides are giving for fingernails being in an offside position etc..
    Yes, I think Ryan Yates was an arm hair offside against Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Yes, I think Ryan Yates was an arm hair offside against Chelsea.
    Nah Yates was just offside Mighten on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Nah Yates was just offside Mighten on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    ... couldn't have been offside by an arm hair

Laws of the game
    Article 11.
    Page 99,100

- interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by
    clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts
    on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an
    opponent to play the ball

You are wrong my friend. It's the definition for 3/4 of those even though 1/4 would be sufficient

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Comes to something when virtually every pundit after the game comments on the poor refereeing. Usually it's just us trying to justify a defeat, but this time it was plain for all to see.
    Both Sky and Quest pundits all unequivocal in their puzzlement about how one-sided Stroud's decisions were. On Twitter it was a bit stronger, plenty of independent journalists talking about how blatent it was. Even Keith Hackett, one of the most respected referees this country has ever produced, condemned Stroud's performance.
    I can't think of, in my 45 years of watching football, a more biased example of refereeing.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cortez the Killer; 16-02-20 at 23:48.

Just watched it back and your right he’s deffo interfering, Toby was trying to get up and round him to block it. My bad but at least the ref got that one right!
    The linesman got it right.

The ref didn’t get it right , he was not capable of getting anything correct and after watching Forest for fifty years that must be one of the worst example of refereeing I have ever seen.
    It’s difficult to know if he was just not up to a game of that importance or he had been to the bookies earlier in the day and had a fiver on WBA.

He shouldn't be a referee,he's either shit or bent and should be sacked either way.

Having watched Forest for 60 years, I’ve never seen such terrible refereeing.

I mean it. My cataracts are really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

Does the draw mean I have to do the next matchday thread? Or does it only stay with the starter if it's a win?

Default Keith Stroud vs Nottingham Forest - Matchday 33

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Does the draw mean I have to do the next matchday thread? Or does it only stay with the starter if it's a win?
    Versus QPR is all yours. Go for it.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    It's thine.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Someone at our club should come right out with it and rip the cheating Stroud to shreds and seriously question his integrity. In national papers. If he is straight, he would have to sue for libel. I doubt he’d win in court. It would be a first I think but there is enough evidence to suggest deliberate inaction by the referee rather than the old excuse of being unsighted. It would probably result in us never having to be refereed by this cheat ever again.

It still rankles with me. As you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Someone at our club should come right out with it and rip the cheating Stroud to shreds and seriously question his integrity. In national papers. If he is straight, he would have to sue for libel. I doubt he’d win in court. It would be a first I think but there is enough evidence to suggest deliberate inaction by the referee rather than the old excuse of being unsighted. It would probably result in us never having to be refereed by this cheat ever again.

It still rankles with me. As you can see.
    Referees are a type of mob clan. If you do that then you will most probably get spanked by all referees to follow. Even though they admit that Stroud was a cheat bastard they will do anything to protect him and themselves from similar actions in the future. So, although it seems reasonable it's suicidal

The best you can do is to use this to get better officiating in the future.