Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: Summer 2020 Transfer Window...

Selling Cash this summer would send the wrong message about your promotion ambitions next year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Selling Cash this summer would send the wrong message about your promotion ambitions next year.
    Have I missed something? Next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Have I missed something? Next year?
    Well, if you go up this year, there's no point selling Cash anyway.

It's all about mid-table...

Exactly, it just seemed you dismissed promotion out of hand GBG.

Given the financial implications of lockdown, I don't think we'll have much of a choice if someone comes in with a decent offer for Matty Cash (assuming we are still in this league, which is most likely).

I don't rate Darikwa and Jenkinson seems like one of those players who is injured most of the time, so I agree with Steve Stone's Mullet that signing another right back and having Jayden Richardson as cover would be a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Given the financial implications of lockdown, I don't think we'll have much of a choice if someone comes in with a decent offer for Matty Cash (assuming we are still in this league, which is most likely).
    Sadly, I have to agree with this.

I expect the club would take a fair offer for Carvalho and that Worrall wouldn't be available, but that leaves Cash and Lolley as immediately saleable assets.

I'd currently rate Cash at 12-14m and Lolley at 8-10m, so hopefully only one of them would go; with Carvalho hopefully more valuable than we think.

According to the Greek press, we're discreetly checking City players. I guess this means Modesto is checking them for you, not for us.
    Among them, the Croatian defensive midfielder Ante Palaversa, bought last summer for 6.3m euros by City. He played for Oostende in Belgium this season. Tall, 20-year old.

Up-Front

Among them, the Croatian defensive midfielder Ante Palaversa.
    Just looking at his name, Id be opposed to this.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Just looking at his name, Id be opposed to this.
    I'd bet on him to score from corners, just to up the Ante!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-interest.html

I suppose you realize that when you read Olympiakos and Marseille you should translate Anigo and possibly Forest.

lol

Among them, the Croatian defensive midfielder Ante Palaversa, bought last summer for 6.3m euros by City. He played for Oostende in Belgium this season. Tall, 20-year old.
    Hes good in fifa.

According to a report in the Greek press, you might be interested in Panathinaikos' right back Mattias Johannson ( Swedish, 28 ). Decent and very steady player. His contract ends this summer.
    More reports, according to which you are in talks with him, and he is close to signing for you. Panathinaikos tried to keep him with a new contract, but with reduced wages (he earns about 400K euros / year, one of the highest earners in the team), and he refused.

It's all over the Greek press, so there must be some truth in it. I'd be surprised if you signed him already; I'd expect you would wait to see in which division you would be playing before signing players.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-interest.html

I suppose you realize that when you read Olympiakos and Marseille you should translate Anigo and possibly Forest.
    Anigo continued to watch Marseille prospects for both you guys and us as we know : https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/72677...rseig-o-anigko

Boubacar Kamara (Linked with big clubs for big money)
    Isaac Lihadji (Already signed for Lille)
    Christopher Rocchia

Richecard Ricard (2002 Right-Back)
    Jores Rahou (2003 Attacker)
    Ilyes Zouaoui (2003 Wing-Forward)
    Enzo Caumont (2004 Defensive Midfielder)
    Aylan Benyahia (2005 Midfielder)

Plenty other names have been linked. Just these were name dropped in article above.

It's all over the Greek press, so there must be some truth in it. I'd be surprised if you signed him already; I'd expect you would wait to see in which division you would be playing before signing players.
    Be very odd for us to sign a 4th right back

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Be very odd for us to sign a 4th right back
    Teddy may never be the same player again, and even if he is he isn't that good.

Cash has basically had 1 good season. If we don't go up and someone came in with 15 million I would take it. You could probably bolster with 2 or 3 good Championship players for that money.

Red til I'm dead

Unless we think he is good enough for the PL. in which case, if we go up, we have 2 RBs sorted already.

If we stay down, Cash goes for big money and Johansson slots straight in as starter.

Presumably means Lamouchi does not rate Darikwa and Jenkinson as Prem players, which is not hard to believe.

Maybe if Darikwa is on a low wage (he was at Burnley) hed do as backup to Johansson in the Chanpionship, but Jenkinson will be a drain on the wage bill and needs to go regardless of what league we are in.

For what its worth, Im a fan of Scandinavian full internationals at prime age on free transfers. They get British football, usually work hard and dont cost the earth. Id have a few of them in the squad. Hopefully this will indicate a more sensible transfer policy this summer, and a move away from seemingly random loans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Presumably means Lamouchi does not rate Darikwa and Jenkinson as Prem players, which is not hard to believe.
    I would be surprised if he did. Jenkinson is never fit, and Darikwa needs a season somewhere else to prove that he is fit.

You chaps (and chapesses) are so good at this stuff that it saves me the bother of searching for answers.

Will the Summer transfer window open at the normal time? If we sign players, can they play in the play off games (if we get there)? Have all contracts been extended if they were due to terminate on June 30? How do I get a Tesco delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    You chaps (and chapesses) are so good at this stuff that it saves me the bother of searching for answers.

Will the Summer transfer window open at the normal time? If we sign players, can they play in the play off games (if we get there)? Have all contracts been extended if they were due to terminate on June 30? How do I get a Tesco delivery?
    a) The window is scheduled to open on June 10; it will probably close at the end of December, if UEFA's directive is followed to the letter.
    b) No.
    c) No, there has to be an agreement with the players for the extension of contracts, and with the other clubs for the loanees.
    d) I don't know what Tesco is.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Maybe if Darikwa is on a low wage (he was at Burnley) he’d do as backup to Johansson in the Chanpionship, but Jenkinson will be a drain on the wage bill and needs to go regardless of what league we are in.
    Jenkinson would need a buyer. I can't see many clubs thinking signing a mediocre Championship right back on large wages (if to be believed) would be a good idea, even if we gave him away for free.

More likely to find a new home for Darikwa.

Assuming Cash is cashed in on, then Johansson as first choice, Richardson as stand in and Jenkinson floating around waiting for the one game in a season when both the other two are out at once wouldn't be the end of the world.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Jenkinson would need a buyer. I can't see many clubs thinking signing a mediocre Championship right back on large wages (if to be believed) would be a good idea, even if we gave him away for free.

More likely to find a new home for Darikwa.

Assuming Cash is cashed in on, then Johansson as first choice, Richardson as stand in and Jenkinson floating around waiting for the one game in a season when both the other two are out at once wouldn't be the end of the world.
    I think Jenkinson still has some 'status' in the game personally. I don't rate him, but I could see there being takers for him.

He's a 28yr old full international who was playing Prem football only a year ago. I know that's all being generous, but they're also all facts. So I think he will have suitors.

Up-Front

Fitness is clearly the main stumbling block with Jenkinson, that probably should be taken into account when scrutinising his performances here.

If you can keep him on the pitch he fits in at upper championship level I reckon, his overlapping capabilities are also a plus.

Last edited by MASE; 03-06-20 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Fitness is clearly the main stumbkling block with Jenkinson, that probably should be taken into account when scrutinising his performances here.

If you can keep him on the pitch he fits in at upper championship level I reckon, his overlapping capabilities are also a plus.
    I do think he looks reasonable going forward.

I do not rate him in his own 3rd though. He's been beaten with ease on his few appearances. Charlton away he got beaten numerous times with really simple drops of a shoulder and him flat on his heels.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I do think he looks reasonable going forward.

I do not rate him in his own 3rd though. He's been beaten with ease on his few appearances. Charlton away he got beaten numerous times with really simple drops of a shoulder and him flat on his heels.
    He just hasnt looked sharp since he came. I think he's always been one of those full backs whose contributions going forward compensate for him defensively.

Given his pedigree though, he should be able to cope at this level.