Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 28: Reading FC Fan Comments

Default Matchday 28: Reading FC Fan Comments

After the poor attack showing at Millwall, which has seen many proclaiming all talk of the play offs is nonsense, comes the ďsecond legĒ against the tricky trees.

Forest are due to pick up their next three points tomorrow when Luton go a visiting the City Ground so the lads from Nottingham will have one day less rest before taking to the field in this one.

Just as before Lewis Grabban remains the major threat and is the chap that needs to be denied all opportunity. As we saw last week the likes of Sow and Ameobi also have a tendency to make a nuisance of themselves and combined Forest have great threat though I think they are a tad iffy in defence. Forest are very slightly a poorer team at home than they are away so perhaps there maybe something Reading can exploit.

This game will also be another go at changing Readingís utterly appalling record for away midweek evening league fixtures which now stands at only 2 wins in 35 attempts - and none at all for almost exactly 2 years.

Both against Forest and against Millwall from the sound of it, we have struggled up front. Itís no surprise due to the reasons already mentioned about Joao being injured etc.

No red button as it's a rearranged fixture.

You'll always find a good enough stream for Forest games.

Seems a bit of noise around Matty Cash and AC Milan. Hopefully it will distract him, thought he was very good against us last time.

Bizarre transfer. I do love a random leftfield move in the window I must say.

Looks like Saints are interested now as well.

100% going to lose tonight, cannot see us getting a thing at Forest.

Out of interest, why are we going to 100% lose?

At home:

Wigan went there and should have won
    Middlesbrough went there and drew when they were on poor form
    They struggled to a 1-0 victory over Barnsley having 1 shot on target the entire game
    They lost to Hull and Cardiff
    They got thumped 4-0 to Sheffield Wednesday conceding three in the process to Jordan Rhodes

Absolutely no reason why such a defeatist attitude should be taken to tonightís game.

Because Forest can now smell blood due to WBA falling off a cliff and Leeds very temporary loss of form. They will win. Very, very happy to be wrong about that though.

I am afraid to say I agree with this. But mostly due to the nature of how they squandered the victory at the Madejski.

That can go one of two ways - it fires them up and they come and out and try and blitz us or the weight of expectation gets to them. They are W4 D1 L3 in their last 8 home games, so very beatable - we are W3 D3 L2 away over the same number of games.

Really hard to call this one tonight - strangely feel confident today and more so because we lost on Saturday - think the players will be up to correct that.

I, too, am a bit pessimistic about this one tbf. Improved performance but 1-0 loss. Would take a draw right now.

I reckon Forest players will be nervous tonight. A quick start out the blocks, high tempo and theyíll panic. Similar to what Luton did to them on Sunday. Unfortunately Luton are so poor at defending they got caught back anyway but Iíd be more confident of being able to hold a lead.

Got to remember that Forest still havenít lost a second half all season. So we really need to make sure we donít find ourselves behind early on.

Always a first time - though I see they are the worst team in the league at home in the 1st half - only gone in winning at HT twice in 13 games.

I *think they are a decent side tbh. Was impressed with that Sow chap, and apparently they've only lost 1 game when he has played. They've good players throughout.

Advice to Blackett, show Lolley onto his right foot. hope the coaching staff took note of that on Sunday.

Maybe it's just me but while they've done well to go on the run they have, I feel like they've been handed one of the easier run of games you could get this season while our run included beating Preston and Fulham away.

Interesting - We are both on a run of 13pts from 15. The one draw was against each other.

Forest wins: Luton (24), Blackburn (12), Wigan (23), Hull (11)
    Loss: Huddersfield (20)

Our wins: Derby (15), QPR (14), Preston (6), Fulham (3)
    Loss: Millwall (

So yeah, similar records but ours acheived against tougher sides.

Have a feeling our good run is done for the season. We'll lose this comfortably.

Taken us 5 minutes to have more shots on target than the whole of Saturday...

0-0 half time, got to be happy with that?

Ye-es, although Forest have a very good 2nd half record so 0-0 at HT isn't as strong as it might seem.

Their keeper defo has another clanger in him, we need to be peppering his goal more.

Christ they never shut up about Puscas do they? Swear every time he does something they find a way to say why it isnt good enough. But if Gunter or Adam or Morrison does something wrong it's all "That's not like them".

Hope they're not going to start hounding him the way they did Matej Vydra.

The same vydra who scored 3 goals in 31 league games for us?

IFollow stats have us as failing to make a successful tackle in that half.

From what BBCRB and Sky Sports are indicating this games for the taking. Florist are pretty Meh!

Yes game is for the taking but scared if we attack to much they will hit us on the counter where they look dangerous. Forest clearly the home team but still very even.

Oxf*rd off Grabban. Knew he would score.

Itís been coming Iím afraid.

Two ex cart horses score against us Bod and Grabban.

Oh well, nothing left to play for this season now. Roll on May.

Baldock! Get in son!

Took a bit longer after Forest's goal this time.

FT 1-1 happy with that.

A decent result against an on form team. Weíve matched the team in 4th twice in the last couple of weeks. If only weíd not had such an abysmal start to the season weíd have been in the mix.

Thatís the frustrating thing. Itís a very good result but not enough for us to push on. We have matched Forest.

We werenít going to lose today...Forest donít deal with pressure.

Good result esp. going behind again late. Seen Baldock's goal a few times now. Not convinced it crossed the line, if it did wasn't by much but will take it.

Must have done- Championship grounds have goal line technology.

Yep, very happy with that and good response to Saturday.

Also the 2nd time in 2 weeks we've gone up the other end after Forest scored and equalised. LOL.

They'll be glad to see the back of us.

What is the combined length of time Forest have led us for in these matches? 2 minutes?

It was down as 90+5 and 90+6, then 80 and 83. Something slightly south of 4 minutes.

Not bad by Division 3 Reading against the European champions.

Even their fans had to laugh when we sang
    Itís happened again
    Itís happened again
    Nottingham Forest
    Itís happened again

Poor first half couldnít get any control in the game passing was poor and we lost the ball too easily everything just bounced off Puscas but tbf he did have Watson glued to him most of the time. Better in the 2nd half bit more urgency and attack minded.

I like the reading fan quoting the forest forum, which is now being quoted by a forest fan taken from a reading forum. Be interesting to see if they quote that and post it on their forum. Really makes you wonder if any of this is even real. Is this me talking now?

INCEPTION.

Nottingham away is a thoroughly decent day out. The centre of Nottingham is pretty lively and some good pubs etc. Itís some shitty parts on the outskirts (some proper rough), but then what city doesnít?

I'm sorry but if we are serious about our play off push we need to be beating tinpot teams like Forest. I mean Grabban is their most threatening player ffs.

You're so dull and deluded.

Great assist/shot from Ameobi for their goal. Their keeper really got revenge on us too. He failed narrowly to give us a goal in the first half but fair play, he stuck at it and gave us one in the end.

A decent performance in a match we pretty much controlled.

Excellent point and absolutely deserved. Although Forest created more, we always looked dangerous on the break.

Chant of the night ďOne nil and you fcuked it upĒ. When it wasnít being a library The City Ground crowd was bloody loud.

Nothing went for Puscas he really struggled to hold it up but tbf Watson was absolutely glued to him a lot.

Thought Baldock did really well to get that shot off with 3 defenders around him. Their keeper must be gutted he didnít save it, it didnít look like the hardest of shots.

Great point overall against a team right up there going for promotion and great to shut them up within minutes for the second time in a couple of weeks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 28: Reading FC Fan Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    You're so dull and deluded.
    I'd like to think he was addressing their whole fanbase as a collective.

Cheers Calv

Forum Tactician

A decent performance in a match we pretty much controlled.
    Had no idea Stevie Wonder was a Reading fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Had no idea Stevie Wonder was a Reading fan.
    He'd be Overjoyed if he was.

Cheers Calv, much appreciated.
    Are we really a tinpot club?

Read somewhere, some of these Biscuitmen calling us an average team.
    Well if we're average what about them, being below us and all that, and also unable beat us or get the first goal?

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Read somewhere, some of these Biscuitmen calling us an average team.
    Well if we're average what about them, being below us and all that, and also unable beat us or get the first goal?
    The Championship is full of Average teams. And Luton.

Even their fans had to laugh when we sang
    Itís happened again
    Itís happened again
    Nottingham Forest
    Itís happened again
    I might have thought about letting out an ironic chuckle if i'd heard them. At all. At any point during the night...

Not that type of player

The It's happened again chant was funny tbf.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

The one that gets me is after 20–30 minutes of just Forest singing... out comes the “football in a library” song by a few hundred barely audible fans Luton fans weren’t even singing at 1-0 up.

Senior Doom Monger

Excellent work again by Calvin - thanks.
    Reading the opposition fans' views of the game is always interesting, even if the comments are mainly off the wall.
    And it is reassuring to know we aren't the only set of fans to pick on a player and do nothing but criticise him.
    Poor old Puskas - you can't expect too much from a chap whose best work was done back in the 1950's

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Poor old Puskas - you can't expect too much from a chap whose best work was done back in the 1950's
    Reading do answer the old Fantasy Football question of what Pele & Puskas would be like in the same team though.

The Foam Hand

We weren’t going to lose today...Forest don’t deal with pressure.
    Don’t we know it.

A better set of comments this time, not much you can argue with.

Thanks for posting Calvin.

ĎCity Ground was loud when it wasnít a libraryí so which was it? Loud or a Library? It canít be both!

Red til I'm dead

What a wank club from a dire, depressing nowhere of a town. Hope they get relegated, several times. Absolute helmets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good god there's some odd "Opinions" from some of their support LOL

"I'm sorry but if we are serious about our play off push we need to be beating tinpot teams like Forest" Don't get me wrong, mediocrity is ouR speciality .....but Tin Pot? naaaa LOL

"A decent performance in a match we pretty much controlled"
    Nope. In what aspect did reading control the game.... odd

The chavs of Reading need to grasp reality.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    ‘City Ground was loud when it wasn’t a library’ so which was it? Loud or a Library? It can’t be both!
    God we played Reading...they thought we were loud! LOL...

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Can't believe what I'm Reading. What a load of Baldocks.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    ‘City Ground was loud when it wasn’t a library’ so which was it? Loud or a Library? It can’t be both!
    A few sets of fans have said similar, when it gets going it’s as loud as anywhere in this league, but it soon slumps back into library mode.